• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Hand guards on an alpha

catzr

Lifetime Membership
Jan 13, 2008
Selah
What kind of hand guards will work on the ascender bars
looks pretty limited to choices
they help to keep the hands warm and still use light gloves

Nightsider

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 25, 2019
Castle Rock, WA
I have them on my 19 mt cat but I just went & looked theirs no brand on them so if you want I can call my dealer on Monday and get back to you ?

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Rox Flex tech. Small narrow mount that withstands rollovers and trees without breaking. They can rotate well. They have a cover on them, i dont even use them. Just run the hard plastic underneath.

yz250_

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
I used to run hand guards but riding in the trees i kept breaking them and multiple times had a branch push the guard into the brake lever and completely screw me. No more hand guards and i only wear thin gloves unless on a cold trail ride. I carry 2 thin pairs and 1 thick pair in the sled

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
I put those monster Skinz Burandt handguards on mine. They will def be warm. I haven’t had a ride using them yet so not sure how they will actually work. I don’t like the bracket they use to strap them on a Cat tho. It seems like it’ll eat thru a glove and/or my hand while riding. On a Poo the strap goes thru the bar hook and they don’t need the bracket. Might see if I can get a set of Poo bar hooks to work on the stock cat bars.

Premium Features