• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Summit Expert VS Summit X

duncan76

Lifetime Membership
Aug 16, 2013
central 509
Just speaking for ME.
But the biggest difference between the two were

Flex Edge Track and T-Motion vs. Non-Flex Track and Non-T-Motion.

If you seriously spend a good portion of your riding ON EDGE sidehilling and want razor sharp control of your edge, GET THE EXPERT.
Otherwise consider the Summit X as the better all around general purpose mountain sled.

I sold my brand new 23 Turbo Expert the evening that I took delivery of it.
Took it out for one day and hated it.

Last night I snow Checked a 24 Summit X Turbo.
Can't wait for that next year.
Oh you'll wait alright ?

S
Feb 7, 2010
I have found that the more my arms are pulled, the BIGGER the smile on my face becomes ;)
Buy the 146” turbo you and everyone around will be smiling as you go wheeling by, blazing up a 3’ deep snow covered hillside with the track screaming!!

I love my 146” turbo Freeride on deep days! People think you are crazy getting it out of the truck in the parking lot, then you do circles around them while they are stuck on the long tracks!

I will admit really steep trees on really deep days it can be challenging. The rest of the time it’s the life of the party!

03RMK800

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kremmling, Colorado
Disappointed that the Summit 165 track comes only in 3 inch (just like last year) and you are stuck with ith skinny handle bars. This year notwithstanding, 3 inch paddle days happen one in five or six or seven trips out.
I am very comfortable with standard bars, have no interest in skinny bars. It's a hand size issue.
I guess I am not pointing differences but similarities I wish did not exist...

snoblind04

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Western Wyoming
Set up makes all the difference in the world. I rode a lynx demo and didn't like it. The next day we changed the riser to a taller one and I really liked it. I'm on the fence between an x or expert, but I'll be changing the riser on either one I buy

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Set up makes all the difference in the world. I rode a lynx demo and didn't like it. The next day we changed the riser to a taller one and I really liked it. I'm on the fence between an x or expert, but I'll be changing the riser on either one I buy

I use the adjustable riser. Great accessory.

H

hkollie

Apr 21, 2013
agree on this 100%....I am 5'11" and changed my 23 Expert to a 6" riser, made all the difference ....no more hunching over.

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
Disappointed that the Summit 165 track comes only in 3 inch (just like last year) and you are stuck with ith skinny handle bars. This year notwithstanding, 3 inch paddle days happen one in five or six or seven trips out.
I am very comfortable with standard bars, have no interest in skinny bars. It's a hand size issue.
I guess I am not pointing differences but similarities I wish did not exist...
Buy a set of doo rubber grips it helps.

B

beans

Nov 27, 2007
Preston, WA
Are the spindles and ski rubbers the same on the Expert and X in 2024? I see no mention of those 2 parts.

Maybe they are already the same on the Gen 5 Summits.

I am considering going with a 2024 Summit X Turbo 165 and locking out the t-motion. I am currently on a Gen 5 Expert Turbo 165. Best sled yet IMO!

F
Oct 2, 2011
sask
Are the spindles and ski rubbers the same on the Expert and X in 2024? I see no mention of those 2 parts.

Maybe they are already the same on the Gen 5 Summits.

I am considering going with a 2024 Summit X Turbo 165 and locking out the t-motion. I am currently on a Gen 5 Expert Turbo 165. Best sled yet IMO!

Expert and X have same ski spindles and rubbers. I also am on a G5 Expert Turbo 165 and ordered the X Turbo 165 for next season. They upgraded the X to bring it closer to the Expert just with Tmotion and only missing a few things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Features