• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Alpha vs twin rail and whether to go back to twin

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Are shocks interchangeable between alpha and twin rail skids
Rear is, front is not.
I think the rear is valved different?
I swapped rear shocks and it handled different with the same pressures.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
Summ8rmk is correct, the rear are the same length but the valving is completely different and the cap on the bottom end of the shock is slightly different. I started out using the alpha rear and damaged that shock, so replaced it with a twin rail rear. There is a noticeable difference between the two. Overall the sled was more compliant with the correct valving. Like summ8rmk mentioned, changing the air pressure could help; something I never tried. The biggest thing, make sure you position the shock the right way, both vertical and cap direction at both ends. That rear shock can only be installed one specific way on the twin rear rail setup........don't ask me how I know! :ROFLMAO:

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
Kinda surprised you didn't just flip those drivers around on that driveshaft and put a 3.5" pitch track like 300lx or whatever, but the ol power claw aint too bad I guess. Id like to try a 3.5P track on mine sometime, see what all the fuss is about.

Clark42

Lifetime Membership
Jun 3, 2016
Washington
How much for track?
I sent you a message
Kinda surprised you didn't just flip those drivers around on that driveshaft and put a 3.5" pitch track like 300lx or whatever, but the ol power claw aint too bad I guess. Id like to try a 3.5P track on mine sometime, see what all the fuss is about.
I am curious about that, seems like 3.5 pitch is where the traction really comes from. Maybe I'll keep these drivers around for down the road. It's just convenient to go with what I know

Premium Features