• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Summit Expert VS Summit X

F
Oct 2, 2011
sask
What’s the difference other than the obvious t-motion seems like Skidoo added some accessories to the X there isnt a big difference anymore between the two.

Same as an Expert:

-Shock package is the same
-Adjustable brake lever
-Adjustsble limiter strap
-Same riser
-34” front end
-Same running boards?

Expert Extras
-DS4 skis
-low rise seat
-hand guards

Missing anything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MTsled3

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2012
Belgrade, Montana
Flex edge track on the X, non flex-edge on the Expert, otherwise everything you listed. Seems like they have a lot of models and they're blending together

G
Feb 9, 2014
Shuswap
From what I can tell, the difference is:

-rigid rear arm
-long rod track
-piggyback rear shock
-stiffer shock calibration
-DS4 skis
-hand guards
-shot is standard
-ultra compact seat

It appears they both have:

-new brake reservoir
-adjustable lever
-adjustable limiter
-same 4.7" riser

F
Oct 2, 2011
sask
Also new aluminum brake master cylinder/reservoir for the Expert, rear track shock is the KYB Pro 36 EA-3 on the Expert vs the Summit x just has the 36 Plus

Forgot about the piggyback shock on the expert. I thought the X package got the new aluminum master cylinder. Will have to check back on that

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
What’s the difference other than the obvious t-motion seems like Skidoo added some accessories to the X there isnt a big difference anymore between the two.

Same as an Expert:

-Adjustable brake lever
-Same riser
-34” front end
-Same running boards?

Expert Extras
-DS4 skis
-low rise seat
-hand guards

Missing anything?

Just speaking for ME.
But the biggest difference between the two were

Flex Edge Track and T-Motion vs. Non-Flex Track and Non-T-Motion.

If you seriously spend a good portion of your riding ON EDGE sidehilling and want razor sharp control of your edge, GET THE EXPERT.
Otherwise consider the Summit X as the better all around general purpose mountain sled.

I sold my brand new 23 Turbo Expert the evening that I took delivery of it.
Took it out for one day and hated it.

Last night I snow Checked a 24 Summit X Turbo.
Can't wait for that next year.

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta

Same as an Expert:

-Adjustable brake lever
-Same riser
-34” front end
-Same running boards?

Expert Extras
-DS4 skis
-low rise seat
-hand guards

Missing anything?

Expert has stiffer shock valving.

F
Oct 2, 2011
sask
Just speaking for ME.
But the biggest difference between the two were

Flex Edge Track and T-Motion vs. Non-Flex Track and Non-T-Motion.

If you seriously spend a good portion of your riding ON EDGE sidehilling and want razor sharp control of your edge, GET THE EXPERT.
Otherwise consider the Summit X as the better all around general purpose mountain sled.

I sold my brand new 23 Turbo Expert the evening that I took delivery of it.
Took it out for one day and hated it.

Last night I snow Checked a 24 Summit X Turbo.
Can't wait for that next year.

I was one of the few that was never against t motion or never felt like it hindered me. I noticed this year moving to the expert I was more tired at end of day when snow conditions were less than ideal. When the snow is handlebar deep it dosent seem to matter between t motion and non t motion anyways.

With them narrowing the gap between the Expert and X package I may go back to t motion.

As mentioned above, I feel I'm much more tired at the end of the day on the Turbo as I am the NA. I'm also one that has zero issues with the T Motion. I can go anywhere my buddies go on their Poo's. Everyone wants to blame the T motion, when I really think its suspension setup and good ski rubbers that help hold ya horizontal on a sidehill. When you wanna doo Wheelies, your sled aint gonna sidehill good. Gotta pick your desire and set up for that.

Right now I have a 21 Turbo 165 and a 2018 X 165. I'm gonna snowcheck 2 this yr and thinking a 165 Turbo Expert for the DEEP days we get here and a 154 NA "X" for the not soo deep when the snow is only good back in the trees.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I was one of the few that was never against t motion or never felt like it hindered me. I noticed this year moving to the expert I was more tired at end of day when snow conditions were less than ideal. When the snow is handlebar deep it dosent seem to matter between t motion and non t motion anyways.
That was my intial transition from my Yamahas over to the Ski-Doos.
I was SO MUCH less tired at the end of the day as it just took MUCH LESS EFFORT to go out and have fun on the sled.

For me, The Summit-X is the perfect combination of what I want for an all around great mountain sled.

straightup

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Rigby Idaho
I currently ride a 23 expert turbo and a lynx 23 shredder DS 4100. Love them both! Lynx is easier to ride holds lines better and easier to bring over. I have never liked t motion been deleting it since 2017 850.
I’m currently thinking I will order summit x remove t motion put in xt lock out with flex edge track. All my previous sleds with this set up held side hill effortlessly. Then add handguards full fox float shocks all way around with set of slydog attack skis. And still be at the price of a expert.

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
I actually find my G5 expert easier to ride than my G4 turbo with the same suspension valving and the tmotion, I’m not over riding and try to anticipate what weird movements my old sled had.
Maybe it’s sled setup? I’m not trying to cancel anyone’s opinion just sharing my experience. I feel like I have more energy at the end of the day riding my G5.
I absolutely love this sled, I wish BRP would talk to the dealers about the two piece shaft and the Hyvo tho.

Premium Features