• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

5 Mountain rides in, pros and cons

P
Dec 15, 2018
Isnt that tless han half an inch? Doesn’t matter to me I wasn’t arguing I was simply repeating what the research and development rider on snowest pod cast said. I don’t have a dog in that fight. It’ll be a great snowmobile. Any new snowmobile will be great. That jamie dude will outride all of us on a 600. Chadley can out ride most everyone on kitty cat. So it’s just a way to bs. Seems like the real rip off on the new catalyst is the shocks. The good ones from ice age are 2k bucks . Seems off really. And since when is a color dictate a shock? That’s short sighted.

P
Dec 15, 2018
-35 here today lol. Looks like it’s a balmy -2 in ip. Even worse tomorrow and Monday maybe midweek it’ll break. Sure you hardecores are out riding!

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I'm not that hardcore anymore. Just got my diesel thawed out. Done with anti gel. 50/50 from here on out. Octane boost and anti gel must be made at the same snake oil company. It's more of a ford thing with where they put the filter.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
Which cylinder you think is lighter just loose in your hand, 600 or 858? my guess is 858. would kinda wash out the bigger piston, hair longer rod.... splitting hairs... the motor mount makes biggest diff I bet.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
Which cylinder you think is lighter just loose in your hand, 600 or 858? my guess is 858. would kinda wash out the bigger piston, hair longer rod.... splitting hairs... the motor mount makes biggest diff I bet.
If the two engines are that close in weight, then the 600 is over built. Common sense dictates that more power requires beefier components such as crank, rods, block, heads, fasteners, cooling capacity etc.

P
Dec 15, 2018
Someone needs to call them (artic cat) because I saw it again on another advertisement! He plainly stated ,”the new 858 will weigh 3lbs less than the 600 in the chassis now.” My dad allways said ,”consider the source , before the information.” So in an effort to be fair, This was those Midwest brothers everyone makes fun of doing a episode on the engine lol. Shouldn’t matter in two more years there will be no more to lament. There will be a big na , a dual rail and a turbo. So now fingers crossed they don’t blow up !

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
If the two engines are that close in weight, then the 600 is over built. Common sense dictates that more power requires beefier components such as crank, rods, block, heads, fasteners, cooling capacity etc.
Historically cat has overbuilt their motors. The Suzuki 800s were supposedly 20lb heavier than a Polaris 800 at the time. They would handle big bores and boost until the cows come home. M1000 were the same. Even the 800 ctecs run 220hp on boost without touching the engine. I heard RMSHA guys were running 20psi on the supercharged 600s lol! Granted they only had to survive a couple runs up the hill.

Maybe the 858 will only be good to 200hp.

P
Dec 15, 2018
Anyone Ho says it’s no pretty capable is a really really good rider, like better than the best. So maybe just chadley on here. Everyone else should be tickled pink to have a 858 when it arrives and every average guy and girl and old timer and little kid could honestly ride a 609 for awhile. Wonder if this guy could do even morewith a turbo kit on his ?

P
Dec 15, 2018
Iam thinking this jamie guy might just be the boss of the tree riders. He’s sponsored by ac but not a black cat guy. Dunno but he’s a badass and when he gets the new on he’ll smoke turcotte and most everyone for that matter (at least in crazy back country riding)

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
It doesnt sound like a 600, like some work has been done to that engine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

P
Dec 15, 2018
You think the people behind the curtain would hop up a 800 ctec or even just the 699 to try and sell them lol? No one has ever cheated on powersports before have they lol. I’ll ask him. I like asking these guys stuff of course they don’t have to answer honestly I guess.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
I figured it's just a broke in and dialed 600 with a can. there's also lots of liteweight goodies out for them now, Ti rotating stuff, etc.
most the vids of the new M are people trying out 2.6" tracks with e-start, this guy got the lightest one possible. did you hear him constantly complaining about the washout from the single rail? I didn't

Last edited:

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
It doesnt sound like a 600, like some work has been done to that engine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
They have a different sound, very quiet at idle like a Doo till you crack the throttle then it's noisier. Trying to figure out what that wine is at the bottom end of the throttle., could be the other belt. Runs really fat also for the first five hours I've been told.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I figured it's just a broke in and dialed 600 with a can. there's also lots of liteweight goodies out for them now, Ti rotating stuff, etc.
most the vids of the new M are people trying out 2.6" tracks with e-start, this guy got the lightest one possible. did you hear him constantly complaining about the washout from the single rail? I didn't
They are still going to wash out. That is the nature of the beast. If they are only half as bad that would be a huge win in my book.

Premium Features