• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best Knee Braces for Mobility

C
Dec 14, 2020
The Mobius are game changers. The mobility is 2nd to none and I tried a couple of the other expensive ones. You literally can run in them. They aren't cheap but out of all the people I have talked into them, no one has been disappointed. Anyone who doesn't wear knee pads has knees of stone or just doesn't ride very hard. I would bet a ton on the later ?

Knee pads are great.
It's the improperly setup braces that can transfer excessive motion into your other joints.

Braces can have pads, pads are not braces. I've seen quite a few braces that have nothing for impact protection though.

No matter what, a tree branch or rock can find any gap in the pads and put a damper on your day.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
Knee pads are great.
It's the improperly setup braces that can transfer excessive motion into your other joints.

Braces can have pads, pads are not braces. I've seen quite a few braces that have nothing for impact protection though.

No matter what, a tree branch or rock can find any gap in the pads and put a damper on your day.
The mobius doesn't have a gap unless you bend your knee to 90 degrees. Like I stated above I think they are the best when it comes to knee protection with or without bracing.

J
Dec 15, 2008
Orofino, Id
I’ll be running Alpinestar Sx1 v2 guards this season. While not a true knee brace it offers a bit more support than a soft knee pad which is what I was after. Running them on my bike and first sled ride don’t notice them.

J
Aug 24, 2019
Did you see someone or say something special?
I did some research as I heard of Mx riders getting it done. I wish I remember the article but it walked you through the proper steps(quick google search has lots of info). Really it just boils down to finding the right doc that will write the recommendation for you. I have a great PT/sports performance doc that gets it and wrote it for me.
Did you see someone or say something special?
I just asked my PT/sports performance doc if he could write the recommendation. He gets it so I didn’t need to do any convincing. There are some articles (quick google search) that some Mx riders have put together on how to accomplish this.

rmk800ak

Lifetime Membership
Mar 28, 2002
Fairbanks AK.
b9a0873e5a27c872a9e8950747e73e6b.jpg

I like these from EVS . Kind of a hybrid between braces and pads. They come in a shorter version too . Can be hard to find and size is one smaller then you think .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T
Jan 2, 2008
I have been using the Shock Doctor 875 braces for about 4 years now and think they are great for what I was looking for. They offer good protection and are not to bulky. They keep the 63 year old knees warm and still with very good mobility. I bought them with the intention of upgrading but I dont think I need to. Worth looking into and not too expensive on Amazon. Last year I fell into a sink hole and put a knee through the right side of my sled, grateful for the brace protection. Any protection is well worth it.

Last edited:

RBalazs

Snowest Terminator
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2020
I second the Möbius braces. They’re extremely comfortable, limit absolutely nothing if they are set correctly and will protect my knee and shins. They do seem to cause wear to the inside of your monosuit or pants where they cup together at the kneecap. You can always run a neoprene cover over those. I have not yet, but one buddy that we ride with showed me that he has those over his this last weekend.

S
Jan 16, 2008
Lincoln MT
Another vote for Mobius! I ride usually 40-80 days on sleds in the winter and about 100 days a year on a dirt bike. I've had the same set for going on 3 years now, not a single issue. And I havent had knee issues since I started using them, and my knees are bad enough that if I sit crosslegged they will pop out a place for a day or so.

Premium Features