• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Knee guards

B
Dec 19, 2021
Alberta
Looking at getting some knee guards for this season. My uncle gave me the cheapest fox ones and just worried they move around too much. What do you all like. I’m a young fella just wanting protection from shin bashing mostly. Our dealer one has the mountain lab ones then go into the hinged style. I also don’t want one too hot if possible

Winshady

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 16, 2019
Northern California
I use Alpinestars motocross knee guards. They work great and don’t move around at all. I find myself pushing my knees into the console a lot more now for more control. Also, get those stick on neoprene pads, I think they are called sled-treads.

MTsled3

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2012
Belgrade, Montana
I've always just worn the cheap $25 ones and they work fine. I have had them occasionally slide down my leg, but since I started wearing real snowmobile boots instead of Sorels, I haven't had that issue at all. They sit right at the top of my boot so they don't have room to slide down.

I did try some more expensive ($100) sleeve style ones last season with the gel padding, and I hated them. They slid down no matter how tight I strapped them, and the straps were very uncomfortable. With the straps on the cheap ones, you can put them on over your base or mid layer to keep the straps off your skin, but the sleeve style only fits on your bare leg.

B
Dec 19, 2021
Alberta
The Fox ones are the ones I like, the G-forms were the ones I hated:
I know the sleeve style are a biking thing. These are a few I waslooking at one is a shot racing, the fox one with a strap above the knee, there is also the mountain lab ones they have at the dealer and I’ve heard great things about the leatt dual axis. And also one called and evs tp1991703870456036.jpeg1703870421473.jpeg

Winshady

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 16, 2019
Northern California
Those are fancy ones! I use the more basic model. And like MTsled3 said, they rest nicely right at the top of the boot, if not even tucked in an inch or so.

1703870845605.jpeg

F
Jul 27, 2014
Fresno
those alpinestars look good. RSI Racing and others also offer knee pads in case your concern is bashing the knee into your sled panels.
Additionally there are other more intensive options of knee braces like Asterisk, Mobius...etc. HSA or Insurance can help offset their crazy cost. But best place for those braces i have found is ebay

B
Dec 19, 2021
Alberta
those alpinestars look good. RSI Racing and others also offer knee pads in case your concern is bashing the knee into your sled panels.
Additionally there are other more intensive options of knee braces like Asterisk, Mobius...etc. HSA or Insurance can help offset their crazy cost. But best place for those braces i have found is ebay
I’m more looking at the protection for checking shin bashed or cheese gradered by the running boards.

D

Daner1978

Nov 26, 2022
Cottonwood Heights Utah
Looking at getting some knee guards for this season. My uncle gave me the cheapest fox ones and just worried they move around too much. What do you all like. I’m a young fella just wanting protection from shin bashing mostly. Our dealer one has the mountain lab ones then go into the hinged style. I also don’t want one too hot if possible
I use the “Leatt Dual Axis knee gaurds” they fit down in the boot, super nicely and are the most comfortable kneepads. I’ve tried them all. The best thing is…..they are affordable!($100.00)

Premium Features