• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anybody have 24 Freeride Seat Time?

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
I don’t really understand the trenching Doo comments. Owned both. Ride with both. My 23 boost was getting friggin smoked by a G5 last ride. Sure climbs good for a “trencher”.

440revNL

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 7, 2022
Canada
Everything you said is spot on. The 15 wide, full ridged track and suspension makes it feel so much better. Holing a line easier and feels stiffer but not Polaris stiff and still somewhat heavy feeling. It's nice to have a ETEC again but damn I miss my Khaos.

IMG_2105 (1).JPGIMG_5148.JPG

b-litt

Premium Member
Aug 21, 2012
McCall, ID
m.youtube.com
I bought into the hype you hear from skidoo guys last year. Spent way too much time getting brainwashed by keyboard warriors in the doo section.

I bought a new gen5 turbo. I was so stoked. Installed the aftermarket spindles to help with the twitch, put a post forward kit on that Rasmussen swore would fix the steering. Set it up with full aftermarket suspension. $22k sled with a full day setting up in the shop and about 5k in aftermarket. Rode it one day and sold it the next. Sold it for a $3-4k dollar hit and didn’t even care.

It still sucks in technical terrain. It’s heavy, pulling the line you’re looking at could maybe happen/maybe not, and it trenches to the dirt. I had my shovel out twice that day. It was the only option. You have to excavate for 30min to get it unstuck in the same scenario that I could have throttled and yanked back downhill to get the matryx out. Wouldn’t have even taken my hands off the bars. Anyone that thinks these two sled are on the same level for technical terrain doesn’t know the definition of technical terrain. There are things the doo definitely has going for it. And there are guys that rip on skidoos. But it’s FAR from catching Polaris in the gnarly technical.

Oh, and it’s not that I didn’t give it the seat time. I had a gen4 for a season. Put 3,600 miles on it until I blew the motor. Bulkhead was cracked like an egg. Driveshaft had spun two sets of drivers. It was completely clapped and I rode the piss out of it. Fun sled, but my riding progressed significantly since switching to Polaris.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Last trip was extremely deep… Polaris falls short of the Doo in its overall “deep snow” abilities. Intake bogs, exhaust bogs, snow packed throttle blocks, iced up cables, and iced up brake levers (limp mode). Sled was nearly unrideable at times due to a combination of these issues. Doo’s had none of these issues.

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
Last trip was extremely deep… Polaris falls short of the Doo in its overall “deep snow” abilities. Intake bogs, exhaust bogs, snow packed throttle blocks, iced up cables, and iced up brake levers (limp mode). Sled was nearly unrideable at times due to a combination of these issues. Doo’s had none of these issues.
I agree, I got a gen5 turbo for the handle bar deep snow, as my boost was getting walked all over buy stock sled. In my area and snow you need a 20hp tune, track, and clutching on a boost, just to keep up with a stock gen5. 2000- 4000' where we ride the boost has det issues, and the doo just works. 10 gen5 turbos in the group now, and most have a matryx 850 or 9r as low snow condition spring sleds.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
Probably because you have some old washed up guys on the Poos. I don't have those problems. I run a Skinz throttle block though.

Premium Features