• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone hearing about 2022 build delays?

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
just got back from the dealer and picked up the lightweight hood glovebox and deep snow grips that i ordered back in may. they also had two turbo freerides still in crates and waiting on gauges. salesman said they're getting a few gauges in per week.

jdog1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2007
Got the call from my dealer. I have 2 165 turbos One is there and guage will be in within 2 weeks and second one will arrive fully assembled mid November. Out of over 200 im at the top of the list.

KMorgan

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 21, 2011
Did anyone get a letter or other form of communication about anything from BRP directly? Or does the info get conveyed to the dealer? I have called dealer a couple of times and really not getting any good info. Just curious what the process is supposed to be.

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
Did anyone get a letter or other form of communication about anything from BRP directly? Or does the info get conveyed to the dealer? I have called dealer a couple of times and really not getting any good info. Just curious what the process is supposed to be.
me and another buddy have not received any communication from brp regarding our snowchecks (we both ordered turbo freeride 165's from two diff dealers). i'd think if people heard from brp then it would be all over the forums. only info i was able to get was from going to the dealer to pick up some parts and talking to the salesman. he fired up the computer and said two sleds identical to what i ordered are there waiting on gauges and one of the two would be assigned to me so we'll see. i'm not sure how vehicles are assigned as there's no concensus on the forums.
i've heard that it's the dealer that does the assignment or is allowed to and i've heard that it comes from brp alone.
i'd suggest maybe calling another dealer and see what they say although i think there's still alot of unknowns.

Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
British Columbia
me and another buddy have not received any communication from brp regarding our snowchecks (we both ordered turbo freeride 165's from two diff dealers). i'd think if people heard from brp then it would be all over the forums. only info i was able to get was from going to the dealer to pick up some parts and talking to the salesman. he fired up the computer and said two sleds identical to what i ordered are there waiting on gauges and one of the two would be assigned to me so we'll see. i'm not sure how vehicles are assigned as there's no concensus on the forums.
i've heard that it's the dealer that does the assignment or is allowed to and i've heard that it comes from brp alone.
i'd suggest maybe calling another dealer and see what they say although i think there's still alot of unknowns.
I’m hoping it’s BRP that assigns sleds. Keeps dealers from catering to their buddies and their personal sleds.

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com
I called dealer Yesterday and was asking questions, so 2wks ago called and dealer said looked like my sled was there in a crate waiting on parts, and they were told Oct on possibly receiving, I mention I call credit union and get things rolling, he advised I hold off till they get parts in then they can log vin# w/ parts and get sled in there system better Closer to a complete unit and they let me know.
So Yesterday I called dealer cause this eend Oct and Nov is Monday lol.
Guy told me they were told parts are already sent or will arrive possibly couple weeks or anytime understandable they point know exactly but doin there best to narrow it down, I did ask if we we order a particular sled are locked into a specific unit he told me Yes and can kinda do that with crate # or other ways possibly Vin. Funny thing on my part us he remember me cause I happen to order mine coincidently same day dealer Brp rep was there with display of the 4 sleds there were presenting to dealer/customers event day. Got to see, Lynx, Edge,Summit Expert and Freeride. This is day I ordered mine.
Guy said he remembered me cause as I was there he pulled my buddy and I in the shop to see his full Mod 18' Turbo wrapped, custom build was pretty cool .anyway
Saud he remembered me and asked you were the one who ordered the triple black Summit X 165 non turbo, like ya that's it says he pretty sure he seen it in back put together just missing parts and believes I pretty much was Only one who ordered Summit X Non turbo. and is mostly the only one there he says looks pretty sick with all black and 5hr dk gray hood, Lol
Lucky me.
Had great conversation with him and am even more excited now. Hopefully be getting a call or message when it's all complete.
Haven't got any skidoo emails or props in mail, just a appeal catalog from dealer about month ago
And invitation from Skidoo to Visit the Skidoo Outlet store.

So Stoked
Wildcard

I robbed someone else's pic/screenshot this is just a turbo and mine Isn't

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk
798d3528b2d903777eb49960d3038433.jpg
2f936dad4fa6327140edbea3e370ad2c.jpg

Last edited:

snow-doo

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 7, 2008
Atascadero Ca
It appears no one on here has gotten a Turbo expert,and or a sound answer on delivery,I think as soon as one gets it in their hands on one it will be game on,the when is the big question still.Dealer-near us posted on Instagram a bunch of gauge clusters he received and said for the people that ordered Edge and SP models to come and get them

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
It appears no one on here has gotten a Turbo expert,and or a sound answer on delivery,I think as soon as one gets it in their hands on one it will be game on,the when is the big question still.Dealer-near us posted on Instagram a bunch of gauge clusters he received and said for the people that ordered Edge and SP models to come and get them
There will be a turbo here this week, it is on the truck. Three 165 Experts also. All complete.

Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
British Columbia
My post about BRP assigning sleds at the factory was incorrect. BRP does NOT assign vins to customers. Polaris does. Asked the dealership owner just now.
So the million dollar question, who get's priority if the sleds not assigned by BRP? Letting the dealership pick and choose can cause quite the issue if you could get a sled in November or February.

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
My post about BRP assigning sleds at the factory was incorrect. BRP does NOT assign vins to customers. Polaris does. Asked the dealership owner just now.
that aligns with what my salesman said since he said one of the two sleds with my specs "would" be assigned to me which i snowchecked back on 23Feb.

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
So the million dollar question, who get's priority if the sleds not assigned by BRP? Letting the dealership pick and choose can cause quite the issue if you could get a sled in November or February.
that's a great question because who should get their sled first? someone who snowchecked very early or someone who bought multiple sleds or is a longtime customer, etc.

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
haven't heard of many people getting many summits/freerides at all on the forums. it seems most of the deliveries thus far are non mountain sleds.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
That is what I was wondering also. 3 sleds are coming with my specs, two this week or so, the third in November. He asked if I wanted it early or later, I will take later.

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
normally i'd take later but with things as they are, i'd go early for sure.

D
Oct 18, 2019
I talked to my salesman today, he said they had a meeting with BRP last week and BRP promised that all of the gauges would be in sometime in the month of November. However he also said BRP has given so many broken promises that he reassured me not to take that to heart…
My 2022 Summit X turbo expert has been sitting there without parts for probably 3 to 4 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
normally i'd take later but with things as they are, i'd go early for sure.
Yah, but that means I have to pay for it before other guys will. Still have one sled to sell to pay for the new ones. I don't finance them. And there is a 146 Summit for Tater and a 146 Freeride for me sitting there that is now on the clock to pay for before it goes on flooring.

A
Oct 30, 2021
Oregon
I picked up my 2022 Summit SP 146 850 today that I purchased in September. It came with old style gauge, but have Ski Doo rep calling me tomorrow to go over getting the new style gauge. Hopefully this brings hope to all without pissing off snowcheck folks. Bring on the snow!!!

D0FDF7FF-296E-417B-9B0D-790337AA6465.jpeg 487E9FD5-069C-48C0-9143-21AC36092395.jpeg

Premium Features