• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Turbo R maptune stage 1 anyone running one

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
I rode a G4 with the G5 tune in it. Very strong top end, bottom and mid felt the same as a stock G4.

I know a Person running a G5 stage 1 in his G5, he said he noticed the extra power.
Maptun tunes work good.

D
Dec 22, 2018
My friend blew motor on his sidewinder. Reason was that Maptune flash shuts down knocking sensor. I would not buy anything from them. Zero accountability from Maptune of their products, only lying and bad customer service.

T
Nov 27, 2007
Canada
Have 4800 miles not Km on maptune stage 1 in my 21 freeride all on 91 gas in Ontario and Quebec. The maptune flash has been flawless and if I get bad gas it will cut the boost so the fail safes for sure work. If the odd time it goes into low boost I add a little octane booster restart and I am good to go. Been using about a shot glasss of boostane / fill up.

I would not hesitate at all to use maptune flashes and will 100% be using one on my 2024 turbo R.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
My friend blew motor on his sidewinder. Reason was that Maptune flash shuts down knocking sensor. I would not buy anything from them. Zero accountability from Maptune of their products, only lying and bad customer service.
He didn’t really ask about a Yamaha 4-stroke.
I’ve been running maptune for 3 seasons now. 2 years on a 20.5 turbo and this year on my 23’ G5 turbo. The tuner is pretty much the best out as far as features goes. The tunes worked very well. The G5 stage 1 is quite stronge for a pump gas tune. There’s not a lot of room to bump up the boost on the G5 and still run pump gas. It won’t be a huge improvement like you could get on the 20.5-22 turbos. The G5 stage one is very good, throttle response very good and a strong top end.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Just as a point of reference.

Ski-Doo/LYNX 850 ETEC Turbo R Stage 1 - 198 Hp​

Ski-Doo/LYNX 850 ETEC Turbo R Stage 1 - 198 Hp

Ski-Doo/LYNX 850 ETEC Turbo R Stage 1 - 198 Hp

More power. Better response. Faster spool-up. Outstanding drivability!​

Get the most out of your Ski-Doo e-tec 850 Turbo R with our tuning software. It’s calibrated for the northern climate, tested by our ambassadeurs and carefully refined using all our knowledge in snowmobiles and engine management. The Stage 1 gives the Ski-Doo more power and torque across the entire RPM-range - especially in the mid-range - for outstanding drivability! Our main focus is always overall drivability and ”accessible performance” at any time, instead of just peak power.

Programming is performed in a couple of minutes with the MaptunerX and you get free access to all tuning software available for your vehicle.

Our tuning engineer’s comment:
” - The feedback from our ambassadeurs and customers after testing our tuning for the Ski-Doo 850 Turbo has been overwhelming. The increase in response and drivability that we have achieved with this tune is beyond that we expected. This simple makes the already great Ski-Doo 850 Turbo an even better (and more exciting) machine to ride!”

What’s MaptunerX?​

The MaptunerX is a handheld programming unit developed by us and made here in Sweden. It’s used all over the world for a wide range of vehicle types for tuning, diagnostics, service, monitoring and logging. By connecting to the vehicle’s ECU the MaptunerX has full access to perform advanced adjustments but still keep all the factory safety features activated. This is by far the best way of tuning a vehicle, but it’s a time-consuming development process for us - but for you it only takes a couple of minutes in an easy step-by-step process. We’ve made all the hard work - so you don’t have to! Connect the MaptunerX, sync it to your MyMaptuner-account, select tuning stage and let the MaptunerX perform the programming. It’s that easy!

In addition to tuning the MaptunerX has apps and features for resetting service, manage keys, reading and clearing fault codes, resetting throttle position, monitoring live engine data, logging engine data etc. The available apps may vary depending on the make and model of the vehicle.

The tuning development process​

The Ski-Doo 850 e-tec Turbo (and it's naturally aspirated sibling the Ski-Doo e-tec 850) is our first ever 2-stroke tuning stages. We always set the bar very high for that we want to accomplish when we begin developing a new engine tuning software. For this particular model, the Ski-Doo e-tec 850 Turbo, our development has taken months in order to make sure we bring our customers the best possible performance in every aspect. The first thing we do is getting familiar with the vehicle and the engine construction, and perform thorough tests on the stock configuration in our dyno facility. Already at this stage we install a variety of sensors to accurately measure pressures, temperatures, fuel, flow and power. With full access to the ECU and all its different maps we can begin localizing the necessary parameters that will need to be adjusted. By adjusting in small increments and performing lots and lots of test runs in the dyno, we can closely monitor the process and record how the engine responds to the changes. We stress test the engine by running it hard over extended periods of time, at both full and partial load, to make sure temperatures and other parameters don’t reach harmful levels over time.

Once we have achieved the power figures we desire, field testing begins. Driving the vehicles in the same environments as our customers is crucial to getting the best possible driveability. All the sensors are still installed on the vehicle and we get copious amounts of data for review. Thanks to the MaptunerX, we can also test, adjust and refine the tune on location during field testing.After field testing the software we hand it over to our ambassadors and racers. This is the key to test the tunes in real-world situations and with many different driving/riding styles. Using the MaptunerX Data Logger we get feedback and even more data to analyze. We can then adjust the tune individually and let different drivers try out different tunes to see what works best.

Do you want to read more about our tuning process? Read 'The Story of Horsepower' here.

Stage 1 Specifications

Tune RPM Limit: 8300 rpm

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
intriguing but if anyone does this mod then i'm thinking it's gonna cost more than just the tune. you'll need the hyvo stuff, TKI kit, and i'd also go with the solid driveshaft. or it'll cost alot more with that chopper ride out.

Last edited:
D
Dec 22, 2018
He didn’t really ask about a Yamaha 4-stroke.
I’ve been running maptune for 3 seasons now. 2 years on a 20.5 turbo and this year on my 23’ G5 turbo. The tuner is pretty much the best out as far as features goes. The tunes worked very well. The G5 stage 1 is quite stronge for a pump gas tune. There’s not a lot of room to bump up the boost on the G5 and still run pump gas. It won’t be a huge improvement like you could get on the 20.5-22 turbos. The G5 stage one is very good, throttle response very good and a strong top end.

Yeah no kidding. I think these tuning companies should be called out of their bad products. Just people to know what they are dealing with.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
intriguing but if anyone does this mod then i'm thinking it's gonna cost more than just the tune. you'll need the hyvo stuff, TKI kit, and i'd also go with the solid driveshaft. or it'll cost alot more with that chopper ride out.
Over 700 miles on my G5 turbo, maptune stage 1, clutching, otherwise 100% stock. Never blew a belt, inspected and adjust chain tension, ran perfect all season and it was riden pretty hard as we had an epic snow year I utah.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Over 700 miles on my G5 turbo, maptune stage 1, clutching, otherwise 100% stock. Never blew a belt, inspected and adjust chain tension, ran perfect all season and it was riden pretty hard as we had an epic snow year I utah.
Whats this?
Max is RIDING HIS SLED HARD??;);)

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
that's great but you're just one data point during one season. in other words, everyone who does this tune or any other is increasing the risk of failure which is true with engine mods in general but combined with factory-supplied subpar components...

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
Madmax what did you install for clutching?

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
that's great but you're just one data point during one season. in other words, everyone who does this tune or any other is increasing the risk of failure which is true with engine mods in general but combined with factory-supplied subpar components...

There are lots of others running it. Its just not talked about. Ive also ridden a stage 2 tune from maptun.

I also know of guys running this maptun mapping for the last two seasons. The guy who bought my old 2021 turbo had his sled dynoed after he installed the stage 1, It made 186.5hp. The G5 tune in a G4 has crazy strong top end.
If I was flashing my G5, definitely would be a maptun.

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
my post was poorly worded now that i read it again but i'm not questioning the reliability of maptune but the reliability of adding horsepower with the unsat components in the chaincase.

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
my post was poorly worded now that i read it again but i'm not questioning the reliability of maptune but the reliability of adding horsepower with the unsat components in the chaincase.

100% That’s a valid point with the G5. I definitely would be adding HYVO and a one piece driveshaft before a tune was added.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Premium Features