• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone hearing about 2022 build delays?

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
People died from pneumonia. Didn't call it the flu. Now you die from cancer or a car wreck and they call it covid. You don't find anything strange. Money and power aspect to all this.

Last edited:

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Warranty repair,no new snow anywhere around,may get it repaired by March,not many posts on failed 850’s
I agree, not sure why. My mid-sized dealer has had 8-10 injector failures, one catastrophic. Got 40 miles on my Expert, 650 on FR. Not super jazzed on the 165 Expert. It handles strange on edge. But it works better on the trail that the 146 FR, lol. Need to tinker with suspension.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Does mile high think it could be a local fuel problem?
No, not at all. Most of them fail when loading into the trailer/truck with whatever fuel they have in them from BRP. My neighbor's lasted 111 miles, it melted down on the lake coming home on New Years. The diagnosis was that the injector went lean a few times, locked the engine. Neighbor fired it right back up, kept going. Happened a couple of times, last time it happened it locked and puked coolant. Sounds like the injector failed a few times, went lean, seized, the last time it got hot enough that it melted the head o-rings, sucked coolant, and quenched the piston. The piston came out in 4 pieces. . The pics were gnarly. The fix took a couple of weeks due to backordered injectors. BRP wouldn't let them re-use the "good" injector, they had to wait for a new one. BRP knew that they had a bad batch. Tater's and mine seem good. Feeling blessed, to be honest. Except for the snow.........

snow-doo

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 7, 2008
Atascadero Ca
That is poor outcome for sure.You would think that they would know what batch went to what sled,track them down and repair before you need an engine rebuild.As far as the snow conditions it appears to be the same way al over the west. You can tell it isn’t good by how many turbos are for sale on KSL classifieds

Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
British Columbia
It would be interesting to know what were the major delays. My sled arrived middle of January but was built in October. My other snowcheck was built at the same time in October and delivered first week of November.

wideopenbeau

Lifetime Membership
Dec 19, 2009
Milky Way.
So on a 2022 Doo expert 165 turbo the MSRP was $18750. So with this $5000/ 25% increase we will see $ 23750 on a 2023. Don’t think so. If that’s the case, they can keep them. The manufactures just want people thinking this way so they don’t back out of all the extremely late snow checks. It’s called marketing. They will go up in price, that’s a given. But 25%/ $5000.
1644901767386.jpg
Looks like someone was correct about the big price increase…..

Premium Features