• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone hearing about 2022 build delays?

Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
British Columbia
Seen on Instagram one of the Scandinavian dealers going through PDI on 25+ sleds. All trail sleds but fully complete with the new style gauges.
Not sure if they are snow check sleds. I'm hoping BRP gets the new gauges in all the snowchecks.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
SERIOUSLY BAD NEWS if true.
Some folks are reporting a LETTER directly from BRP saying Snowchecked 2022 SUMMIT X (Non-Turbo) is being DELAYED till January.

Can anyone here on SnoWest Confirm this?

C
Mar 15, 2018
Some folks are reporting a LETTER directly from BRP saying Snowchecked 2022 SUMMIT X (Non-Turbo) is being DELAYED till January.

I snow checked a '22 Summit X NA and my dealer said it was in (several weeks ago) just waiting on gauges. Was there today picking up oil and accessories and he said they have been receiving some gauges etc and have more on the way.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I keep HEARING about this supposed LETTER FROM BRP to those that SNOWCHECKED a sled, but I have yet to actually FIND SOMEONE who has a letter in their posession.

duncan76

Lifetime Membership
Aug 16, 2013
central 509
I keep HEARING about this supposed LETTER FROM BRP to those that SNOWCHECKED a sled, but I have yet to actually FIND SOMEONE who has a letter in their posession.
I know my checked turbo x is supposed to be in "sometime" in December. Originally it was to be now. So who knows at least I still got my 18 and 08 872 should be able to hold out.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Dealer has 4 Expert gauges and 2 SP gauges on the shelf. Supposedly 32 more on the way/already shipped. Along with some tethers and 6 or so ECU's on the shelf. Skidoo seems to be being a little vague about where the parts are supposed to go, are they assigned to certain vins or ? Nobody seems to know.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
I have had no letter. We checked three sleds between the two of us. Checked my mail as of yesterday. Got my silly jump rope two years ago and my grip squeezer thing last year. But nothing that matters.

Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
British Columbia
Dealer has 4 Expert gauges and 2 SP gauges on the shelf. Supposedly 32 more on the way/already shipped. Along with some tethers and 6 or so ECU's on the shelf. Skidoo seems to be being a little vague about where the parts are supposed to go, are they assigned to certain vins or ? Nobody seems to know.
I’m wondering the same. Are sleds assigned at the factory to the snow checker along with parts as well? Or does the dealership have the power to decide? I seen a local rental place has their sleds (mix of free rides, Lynx, and turbos). Either they super lucked out or their dealership is helping them out.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
I’m wondering the same. Are sleds assigned at the factory to the snow checker along with parts as well? Or does the dealership have the power to decide? I seen a local rental place has their sleds (mix of free rides, Lynx, and turbos). Either they super lucked out or their dealership is helping them out.
The sleds come assigned, dealership is able to tell me when mine are shipped and give me a vin when they get here so I can run out and tag them. They looked all through the gauge paperwork, couldn't find any indication that they are assigned to certain sleds. The only number we could fine was a number on the boxes that seemed to just be a quantity number 267, 269, etc. Unless they assign that to vins.

J
Jul 31, 2014
Fairhaven

My wife's snowchecked Summit X (non-turbo) has been at the dealer in the crate without the gage for a few weeks now. The dealer told me that they had a couple of turbos show up already but they expected most of the turbos to arrive in January. It seems like there is so much inconsistency out there with what people are seeing and hearing from their dealers that we really don't have a good picture of what's going on.

wideopenbeau

Lifetime Membership
Dec 19, 2009
Milky Way.
My dealer told me that I would see my sled (165 Expert Turbo) by the end of November. Another guy in our group who ordered from a smaller dealer was told January or February. Only time will tell if any of it is true.

Premium Features