• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Important Ski-Doo announces DELAYS in 2023 Delivery...

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho

SNOWMOBILE DELIVERY UPDATE​

Last Updated: June 17, 2022

While it’s warm outside for now, we know the first snowflakes will begin falling soon enough!

We're putting our efforts into delivering snowmobiles and accessories as soon as possible. However, we're continuing to experience delays due to some component shortages and other supply chain constraints.

With that in mind, we anticipate some deliveries initially planned for November or December will now fall into January. You can reach out to your BRP dealer for updates regarding your order since they will have the latest available information. Our customer care team is also here for you if you have any other questions at 1-888-272-9222.

For those who haven't pre-ordered, we adjusted pricing for MY23 snowmobiles. We know you probably weren’t expecting this, and we apologize for the change. As you are aware, pricing has increased for many products and industries around the world and powersports is no exception. BRP has explored various ways to accommodate the disruptions while maintaining the demand through the way we source materials, transport our parts and vehicles and assemble our units. Please note: Customers who purchased a snowmobile through the Spring Sales Event between February 14 and March 31 will not be impacted by the pricing adjustments. Additionally, there will be no pricing impact on the youth MXZ 120/200 models and the entry level models MXZ and Summit Neo/Neo+. There will still remain a temporary commodity surcharge in addition to the adjusted price.

We will update this page on a bi-weekly basis and will aim to provide you with the most accurate information with regards to our production

Model Year 2022 Customers: Some of you may still be waiting for temporary missing features that don't impact your ability to ride your vehicle. Here’s an update:

- Suspension Dampening Control Unit (SDCU): Parts are available now. See your dealer for installation.
- Air Controlled Suspension (ACS): Parts are expected mid August 2022 at your dealership.
- RF D.E.S.S. Key: We’re continuing to source microchips with more details to follow.

Thank you for your continued trust.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS​

What is the difference between a delayed component, a permanent feature change and a temporary missing feature?​

Delayed Components: These are parts that did not ship with the vehicle due to supply chain challenges and are essential to make your vehicle run properly. BRP will ship these components separately to the dealership as soon as they’re available. Once a dealership receives all delayed components from BRP for your vehicle, they will complete the assembly and deliver it to you.

Permanent Feature Change: This is a permanent change to the original vehicle specifications, however, you can receive your vehicle and ride it as planned. No additional modifications by the dealership will occur.

Temporary Missing Feature: You can receive and use your vehicle immediately while you wait for these non-essential missing component(s) to ship to the dealership. The dealer will let you know when parts become available and will install the temporary missing feature(s) free of charge.

Is there a commodity surcharge on Model Year 2023 products?​

Yes. BRP's supply chain continues to be impacted by two factors during the pandemic: rising raw material costs and increased shipping costs. Because of rising costs, BRP has put in place a commodity surcharge for Sea-Doo, Ski-Doo, Lynx, Can-Am Off-Road and Can-Am On-Road vehicles.

Have you changed coverage options for B.E.S.T. Extended Service?​

B.E.S.T. Extended Service still offers you peace of mind warranty extended service. Until March 31, 2022, we offered a promotion of one (1) year of regular warranty plus (1) year of B.E.S.T. coverage with the Spring Sales Event. If you would like additional coverage, we offer options for purchase at your dealership. See here for more information on B.E.S.T.

What is BRP doing to speed up delivery of units?​

We know having adventures and creating memories with our products is important, and we apologize that this delay might impact your plans. We’re putting all efforts into delivering our lineup as soon as possible. We are in the process of increasing our production capacity to lessen the impact on you. Like many other businesses, we’re experiencing some delays due to supply chain constraints paired with the popularity of our products. We’ll communicate updates to your dealer as they become available.

I was told my snowmobile will be delivered much later than I had planned. What are my options?​

We apologize for this delay, which is related to the global shortage of supplies as well as high demand and logistics challenges. If you’re not satisfied with the expected delivery schedule of your vehicle, you can work with your dealer on your options available, which could include transferring to the next model year or a refund of your deposit.

Am I allowed to cancel my order even though I have already placed a down payment?​

We will honor our commitment to deliver as soon as possible, but if you are seeking a refund of your deposit, please contact your dealer directly. If further assistance is required, you can also call us at 1-888-272-9222.

Are BRP’s factories open?​

Yes, BRP’s factories across the globe are operational and our production teams are working overtime. BRP has added additional shifts to increase production capacity, and we’ve expanded our production facilities to accommodate current and future growth.

When will BRP catch up on confirmed orders?​

We see the popularity of our products and the uncertainty of the global supply chain issues continuing, and it’s unclear at this time. However, rest assured that we are investing heavily to come up with creative solutions, and our teams are working overtime in ways to minimize the impact to all of you.

Is BRP shipping incomplete units to dealers?​

Yes, in an effort to get vehicles to dealers and then to customers as quickly as possible, BRP has adopted a model of shipping units with delayed components to be installed at a later time at the dealership when the parts become available. After that, your dealer will deliver your product to you as expected.

Are there any changes to features, accessories or colors because of the current supply context?​

Due to the production supply constraints, it could be possible that modifications will need to be made. Check with your dealer on whether your order is impacted by these changes.

Are parts and accessories also experiencing delays?​

For the latest information on any parts or accessories impacted by delays, please check with your dealer.

How do I know when my order or product will be available?​

Your local BRP dealer has the most accurate shipping information and we recommend working with them directly.

What is BRP doing to make this right?​

We are investing in ways to maintain our production levels and are doing everything possible to deliver your product on time. Rest assured you have the entire BRP workforce dedicated to making this happen for you.

Will the current situation have an impact on the quality of products being produced in the future?​

It is important to us to deliver quality products that you can expect, and so BRP remains committed to our high quality standards regardless of the production constraints we’re currently experiencing.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Like many other companies, we are faced with supply chain challenges due to the pandemic. Hear from our President & CEO José Boisjoli about the many initiatives we have implemented to get you riding as soon as possible.

Delivery Delays: Message from our President and CEO

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Was honestly hoping this wasn't going to be a repeat of 2022
But it looks like we are in for another crazy season all over again.

I sure hope January doesn't become Feb, March....

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
I contacted Ski Doo and asked them which sleds are included in the ones they are saying won't be delivered until January. They declined to answer and said check with the dealer. What doo you think the dealer will say - check with Ski Doo?

Doo clearly knows what models or features are going to be delayed. Why won't they say? Is it because they don't want customers to cancel their orders?

Another decline in customer service from Ski Doo.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I contacted Ski Doo and asked them which sleds are included in the ones they are saying won't be delivered until January. They declined to answer and said check with the dealer. What doo you think the dealer will say - check with Ski Doo?

Doo clearly knows what models or features are going to be delayed. Why won't they say? Is it because they don't want customers to cancel their orders?

Another decline in customer service from Ski Doo.
Is there any doubt in your mind?

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Is there any doubt in your mind?

Disappointing to say the least.

Doo made much of the fact that they were going to post updates every two weeks on their website about order status. I emailed them when I noticed they were behind on posting those updates and not doing it every two weeks as they said they would. The result was a few days later Doo posted on their website that "some deliveries" would not be made until January.

On the one hand, the updated information is appreciated. On the other, it's kinda useless without specifics about which sleds they now know will not be here by winter. Tough to trust Doo when they go halfway to transparency. Especially after last year's debacle.

DITCHBANGER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
If doo had answers im sure they would post. Think of how many suppliers there are for each sled. Now think of the suppiers for EACH supplier.. This is out of doo/poo/cats hand. Doo is not trying to screw anyone over. In the end cancel if your not happy. If you do cancel your at the back of the line which looks like awhile.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
My dealer got his last 2022 Polaris snowmobile today. It was ordered last year. Photo below.

The dealer also checked with Doo on the whole "some deliveries initially planned for November or December will now fall into January" statement from Ski Doo. They are showing that the sleds now scheduled for January delivery are the 900 Turbos and Renegade Sports.

image000000.jpg

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
If doo had answers im sure they would post. Think of how many suppliers there are for each sled. Now think of the suppiers for EACH supplier.. This is out of doo/poo/cats hand. Doo is not trying to screw anyone over. In the end cancel if your not happy. If you do cancel your at the back of the line which looks like awhile.
Not sure what people expected let alone with a product line that uses 95% new parts. Aluminum has doubled in price and mills have been putting a cap on quantity for buyers. Lead times on EVERYTHING have been steadily increasing over the last year. One of the part vendors in the industry I work in recently sent a slide in a PowerPoint showing this graphic of ships waiting in China and LA.
1655844502723.png

Last edited:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
No, I agree, they are not TRYING to screw anyone.
But they are being VERY SELECTIVE in releasing information and trying to "Manage" the public relations disaster that a 2nd round of this is going to be.

They COULD DO BETTER by all their loyal customers and give us MORE REAL INFORMATION to plan with.

And this coming from a guy that has a new Ski-Doo 2023 Turbo on order....:)

PSI 800

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 1, 2015
north west british columbia
didnt they make a bold statement at snowcheck time saying they gaurranty that everybody would receive their new sled in the fall? Plus they limited the amount of snowchecks so that they could make good on that promise.

DITCHBANGER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
No, I agree, they are not TRYING to screw anyone.
But they are being VERY SELECTIVE in releasing information and trying to "Manage" the public relations disaster that a 2nd round of this is going to be.

They COULD DO BETTER by all their loyal customers and give us MORE REAL INFORMATION to plan with.

And this coming from a guy that has a new Ski-Doo 2023 Turbo on order....:)
What I'm trying to say is how can they give accurate info when their suppliers can not give BRP accurate info. And BRP should learn to say as little as possible as look already there are people posting about what was already mentioned and are upset at changes. yeah its a bummer. Only 2 options ...cancel or wait it out.

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
Pretty easy to see who has any involvement in sourcing anything at all currently, including those whose grocery shopping is done for them.

NOTHING is predictable or guaranteed right now.

Enjoy your bubble, your food and other household items (tampons, formula, more to follow) are about to arrive as timely as your sled, if at all.

I’m in no way a doomsdayer, but have direct ties to real world necessities we all take for granted.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Pretty easy to see who has any involvement in sourcing anything at all currently, including those whose grocery shopping is done for them.

NOTHING is predictable or guaranteed right now.

Enjoy your bubble, your food and other household items (tampons, formula, more to follow) are about to arrive as timely as your sled, if at all.

I’m in no way a doomsdayer, but have direct ties to real world necessities we all take for granted.

Will trade tampons for a turbo!

S
Aug 16, 2011
so the biggest joke in all of this is the commodity charge so I pay 500 extra to get a unit on time and it's still not on time...called brp they said all units in Jan and to call dealer..called dealer they have zero info and to call brp..anybody confirm which units?

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
so the biggest joke in all of this is the commodity charge so I pay 500 extra to get a unit on time and it's still not on time...called brp they said all units in Jan and to call dealer..called dealer they have zero info and to call brp..anybody confirm which units?

My dealer told me that they show sleds with the 900 Ace turbo showing up in January now as well as Renegade Sports. All other sleds show expected delivery in 2022.

That is consistent with what Ski Doo says on their website about “some deliveries” that were set for November/December being pushed back to January 2023.

Premium Features