• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Important Ski-Doo announces DELAYS in 2023 Delivery...

live2beel

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Me personally, I don't think I will snow check again. My sled is delayed, and I hear of guys that didn't check getting sleds off the floor.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Just got the call that the 154 NA 850 with standard gauge will not be shipped until at least Feb 1 2023.
Looks like I will have to cancel if I want a snowmobile for this year.
The important thing is the ambassadors got their sleds and F the little guy.
Very disappointed in BRP who I have been loyal to for many decades.
No explanation from BRP.
Ordered day 1 of snocheck.
Whats the point of snochecking?
Sorry man, that is lousy.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Me personally, I don't think I will snow check again. My sled is delayed, and I hear of guys that didn't check getting sleds off the floor.
Thats what I am seeing too. Sleds identical to what I snochecked are advertised in stock at dealers in other parts of the country. Will never pre-order a sled again. The only advantage is for the factory and dealer at the expense of the paying customer.

M
Aug 14, 2022
Whistler
Thats what I am seeing too. Sleds identical to what I snochecked are advertised in stock at dealers in other parts of the country. Will never pre-order a sled again. The only advantage is for the factory and dealer at the expense of the paying customer.

Not to mention allows them to nicely present locked in future earnings.

I too found the whole process wacky. They should just cancel the whole thing and let people line up outside the dealer on delivery like an iPhone release.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T
Dec 22, 2008
Wenatchee,WA
Really. Just sold most of my sleds and shredder re was supposed to be here end of November or beginning of December.
Yep talked to my dealer today my November/December ship date shredder RE has a 4 week delay according to their system…. I’m in central wa and I wouldn’t be surprised if they released the 2024 models before I picked my sled up,the lynx’s are made in Finland after all…

Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
British Columbia
Picked up a backed out snowcheck today. 154 turbo expert large gauge. Headed riding tomorrow. Dealer has pretty much all there sleds but Lynx, won’t show until mid January is the word. Couple free rides missing front shocks too.

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
Just got the call that the 154 NA 850 with standard gauge will not be shipped until at least Feb 1 2023.
Looks like I will have to cancel if I want a snowmobile for this year.
The important thing is the ambassadors got their sleds and F the little guy.
Very disappointed in BRP who I have been loyal to for many decades.
No explanation from BRP.
Ordered day 1 of snocheck.
Whats the point of snochecking?

Holy Crap dude, that sucks. I don’t get the rhyme or reason either. Mountain sleds get delivered in the east abut the priority should be where the actual mountains are.

Just a suggestion, Maybe pick up that 154 in Vancouver and meet us in revy in January, or see if that dealer will transfer it to yours?

B
Nov 26, 2007
Yep talked to my dealer today my November/December ship date shredder RE has a 4 week delay according to their system…. I’m in central wa and I wouldn’t be surprised if they released the 2024 models before I picked my sled up,the lynx’s are made in Finland after all…
Not mine but saw they just started delivering in Sweden. Four weeks is a tight schedule between shipping across the pond and then trucking it to the dealer. It is possible. DA2FB608-1B6E-4FFA-9E75-AD4B85231E10.jpeg

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
It's in the book. Heavy. Ds is about 20 lighter. Reis supposed to be 35 pounds heavier than freeride. I can see 10. Those shocks must be heavy

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
it wasn’t delayed and made it in within the timeline brp said when I snow checked.
mine and two other Freerides in the latest shipment were missing the front shocks and either I potentially miss out on sledding to include a non refundable trip I booked months ago, risk it and see what happens, or buy my own shocks and get my sled. when the KYB’s arrive I’ll pull those on and sell the Fox’s plus there's a chance they'll be unused.
you might try seeing if brp would remove the cost of the kyb’s from your sled if you buy your own.
it’s not an ideal situation but it’s the times we’re in, is not doo’s fault, and I need to be on the mountain as much as possible.

Last edited:
Premium Features