• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Important Ski-Doo announces DELAYS in 2023 Delivery...

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
I hear you.

I ordered an N/A 154 with small gauge that had a ship date of Sept/Oct, that came and went, and no sled came. Dealer could not get a new ship date from Doo so I grabbed the same sled off the dealer's floor with the big gauge that someone backed out of.

Dave Norona posted about how Doo decides what sleds to produce when. Snowchecks get no priority or extra love from Doo.

As for what is causing the continued delays, Doo's website is no help. They have a page called "Snowmobile Delivery Update," that they said they would update every two weeks. Doo has barely updated it once a month and the last update was October 14, more than a month ago. The latest update to dealers was more bad news for people who ordered Freerides too.

Could be worse. We could be in Buffalo, NY getting 55 inches of snow....
Doo needs to get rid of the snocheck program if they cannot honor their end of the deal. First built and first delivered…guaranteed sale and no flooring, saving rhe dealers money and giving the customer some choices not in the regular season.
Knowing sleds that are essentially the same have been shipped for non-snocheck buyers is frustrating. Just eliminate the program and go back to pissing off dealers with forced order numbers instead of customers.
Personally I think factory sponsored and ambassadors should be the LAST to get sleds. They did their job promoting these sleds the prior spring and summer. #1 priority needs to be the paying customer when it comes to production sleds.

O

oredigger

Nov 28, 2007
Troy, MT
Doo needs to get rid of the snocheck program if they cannot honor their end of the deal. First built and first delivered…guaranteed sale and no flooring, saving rhe dealers money and giving the customer some choices not in the regular season.
Knowing sleds that are essentially the same have been shipped for non-snocheck buyers is frustrating. Just eliminate the program and go back to pissing off dealers with forced order numbers instead of customers.
Personally I think factory sponsored and ambassadors should be the LAST to get sleds. They did their job promoting these sleds the prior spring and summer. #1 priority needs to be the paying customer when it comes to production sleds.
I agree. Don't think I will snocheck again unless Doo changes their program back to what it used to be. I still don't have my sled and my dealer has a bunch in crates stacked-up behind their shop. Non snochecks.

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
got the call that my turbo Freeride is in but is missing front shocks. still not enough snow here to ride but working with the dealer to see if other shocks that I source can be put on.

S

saskattakman

Aug 16, 2011
from what I hear shocks not available until 3rd week of December then a week to get to dealers. anybody know anything more then me?

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
6877532dc398aefd5b708a97140ca598.jpg

Got my big screen 165 today.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Another dealer has 13 XRS's that Doo just said are not shipping until January 31!

Something has changed for the worse over the past few weeks for Doo's delivery estimates.

Last edited:

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Just got the call that the 154 NA 850 with standard gauge will not be shipped until at least Feb 1 2023.
Looks like I will have to cancel if I want a snowmobile for this year.
The important thing is the ambassadors got their sleds and F the little guy.
Very disappointed in BRP who I have been loyal to for many decades.
No explanation from BRP.
Ordered day 1 of snocheck.
Whats the point of snochecking?

Last edited:

Blu Du

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2008
Nisswa Mn.
my freeride 165 small screen is in and complete. mine come on a load of 16 and only 1 was missing shocks. i got a 500 off because my shocks for my mach z came in after jan 30th this year. this is for sure my last sled i order. fugging thing is 22.5k out the door

M
Aug 14, 2022
Whistler
Just got the call that the 154 NA 850 with standard gauge will not be shipped until at least Feb 1 2023.
Looks like I will have to cancel if I want a snowmobile for this year.
The important thing is the ambassadors got their sleds and F the little guy.
Very disappointed in BRP who I have been loyal to for many decades.
No explanation from BRP.
Ordered day 1 of snocheck.
Whats the point of snochecking?

That’s brutal man.

Where are you located my dealer has that exact sled on the showroom floor for sale right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S

saskattakman

Aug 16, 2011
but you think doo would waive the bs commodity charge for late deliveries ya nope ..$500 back for a late delivery is a joke if I want to go on a trip it's $500 a day to rent

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
That’s brutal man.

Where are you located my dealer has that exact sled on the showroom floor for sale right now.

Wa state. Just want a 154 expert NA small gauge. Orders that specific sled to avoid delays. Didn’t work out as planned.
If anyone knows of that sled in the NW US I am looking.

M
Aug 14, 2022
Whistler
Wa state. Just want a 154 expert NA small gauge. Orders that specific sled to avoid delays. Didn’t work out as planned.
If anyone knows of that sled in the NW US I am looking.

In Canada. North of Vancouver

I was first to check as well, received my 165 small gauge turbo over a week ago.

Premium Features