• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

9R Clutch Kit Options

IFlyEm

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 1, 2008
Temecula, CA
I'm looking at doing a clutch kit on my 9R coming. I did a BMP stage 2 on my SKS 850 and liked it. I was planning on doing another one on the 9R. But I've had a couple people suggest looking at a different manufacturer.

So what's preferred kit for a 9R?

Thanks!!

Pickin’ Boogers

Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2013

Litetrax has been around , they expanded another line. The MTX is an all season machine where as the Litetrax is winter .
The Litetrax and MTX come in a recreational and commercial versions.

The have brought a much needed machine for specific purposes that has been using new obsolete equipment or equipment that much bigger businesses use like something you see on a ski resort .

It is made specifically with a suspension and tracks , tracks are made for these machines .

First thing I did was try to walk it out of a track by spinning the commercial with a 74 HP Hatz diesel 360 degrees on asphalt . Multiple engines to choose from.

The MTX unlike the Litetrax is Amphibious , so for areas like AK, Canada, Minnesota etc etc this is a very universal machine .

Steers by a single joy stick , it does not skid or drag the inside track when maneuvering .

When this Covid hit it put a serious damper on the small industrial businesses in this country . Before Covid many many businesses where struggling to get hydraulic parts such as hydraulic pumps that my other machine as an example is made in the states but the pump comes from Europe . This country has outsourced so much that we have fell behind other countries , American's just refuse to see it .

It is driven by rear only hydraulic pumps , old school proven technology while the track tension is on the front allowing the suspension to walk over obstacles and not allowing it to be able to walk out of the track .

They are making AK versions on my request , front end will be different and they will come with a 3/8 skid plate , winch is removable from front to back .

Options are pretty much endless , you come up with it and they'll make it , something unheard of these days .

Pricing is comparable to the market that they are going after and go from there but anybody that has had a track on tires unit knows the evils they come with .View attachment 379275View attachment 379276View attachment 379277
We need to become the great country we are .

So what's preferred kit for a 9R?

P85

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
Nope, Go with a p85 and indy specialty cover and balance job. Then add TRS clutching.

S
Jan 24, 2022
Colorado
CNS, very happy and good customer service. More snappy and track speed.

JH@CM

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 12, 2018
We all know P-85 instead of the P-22 is the TRS recommendation.

For the rest of us who don't want to purchase a full new primary, this thread could be helpful. Thanks for your input @StepUpOffroad and @Darth grogu

Solarguy

Premium Member
Jun 23, 2011
NW Montana
CNS, very happy and good customer service. More snappy and track speed.

CNS works well, the primary spring needs checked regular as I’ve gone through a couple.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
My brother just got a new P22 for his 24’ 9R under warranty.

The “updated” P22 cracked the cover and broke 2 springs in 100 miles.

Keep an eye on your springs.

JH@CM

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 12, 2018
Primary springs seem to last 400-500mi tops on the poo, if you're lucky.

Kind of like spark plugs.

:rolleyes:

S

snobyrd

Nov 27, 2007
northeast bc
Iv tested 3 clutch setups on my 9r, all off the claims of massive mph gains , is hog wash. Last week I compared a ibexx next to a bikeman stage 2 kit. Both sleds started at the approach off a untracked hill, sno was about 12 inches of fresh, at roughly 5500 feet in revy, both sleds were neck and neck out of the hole, and into top end, no real definate winner, track speeds were 42 ish mph. Both kits are very different in Thier setup, one is soft, light and shallow, the other is stiffer, heavy and steeper. Both kits claimed good track speed gains, but in all honesty the low alt factory clutching was just as good when it comes to top track speed. I kno 100% what bikeman uses for Thier 0 to 6000 helix and it's not far of low alt stock. There were times that I saw high 40s mph track speed, but it was from getting a good run at a hill or poaching. I returned the bikeman kit as I was given the kit to test it and I'm keeping my lbexx kit, and I'm going to try a softer sec spring to see if I can get a bit more track speed. Both kits sang at 8400 and held rpms very good.

A
Feb 18, 2018
Iv tested 3 clutch setups on my 9r, all off the claims of massive mph gains , is hog wash. Last week I compared a ibexx next to a bikeman stage 2 kit. Both sleds started at the approach off a untracked hill, sno was about 12 inches of fresh, at roughly 5500 feet in revy, both sleds were neck and neck out of the hole, and into top end, no real definate winner, track speeds were 42 ish mph. Both kits are very different in Thier setup, one is soft, light and shallow, the other is stiffer, heavy and steeper. Both kits claimed good track speed gains, but in all honesty the low alt factory clutching was just as good when it comes to top track speed. I kno 100% what bikeman uses for Thier 0 to 6000 helix and it's not far of low alt stock. There were times that I saw high 40s mph track speed, but it was from getting a good run at a hill or poaching. I returned the bikeman kit as I was given the kit to test it and I'm keeping my lbexx kit, and I'm going to try a softer sec spring to see if I can get a bit more track speed. Both kits sang at 8400 and held rpms very good.
Did you notice any difference in throttle response? From what i've understand Ibexx weights is lighter but has steeper curve or? My 9R revs 8600rpm with stock low elevation clutching (82gram) and im would like the best fix and maybe add som performance if possible :)

J
Mar 2, 2018
IMG-20240104-WA0003.jpg
I bought CNS clutch kit my 9r 0-3000feet kit and i set magnet all holes 2 big magnet but still over revving rpms it 8700. Can u someone tell me which hole i add magnet that i get lower rpms?
And which hole affects what?

Premium Features