• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

9R Khaos Slash 165 Snow Check build.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
If your arms aren't straight when your hands are on the grips standing where you stand normally on the boards, at the most common angle of the sled, on the terrain you most commonly ride, your bars are too high. Most guys who ride high bars have terrible technique and try to make up for it by having high bars to make the sled easier to tip over. I have yet to see someone who is really good, who rides high bars. ??‍♂️

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
If you want to really blow your perm back sell your gripper skis on craigslist and get a set of SLP Mohawks. Metal ski saddle, great rubbers, and much better pivot location.

Grippers are just pure trash. Most over-hyped thing in sledding.

Ill Add to the confusion. I'm 6'1" and think the high bars are barely high enough!

Mowhawks must be great on the trail. ?

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
If your arms aren't straight when your hands are on the grips standing where you stand normally on the boards, at the most common angle of the sled, on the terrain you most commonly ride, your bars are too high. Most guys who ride high bars have terrible technique and try to make up for it by having high bars to make the sled easier to tip over. I have yet to see someone who is really good, who rides high bars. ??‍♂️
I have a buddy, who can ride with the best of them, and he would add a 4 inch riser on his doo.i always gave him Sh!t that i could do chin ups off that thing. Told him he would have better leverage and control if he dropped them but pretty hard to knock success so i don't care what bar height people have. Ride what you want.

Last edited:

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
You guys have some whacked priorities debating bar height. When you should be more concerned about grown men wearing latex gloves to fill up their short box one ton’s. Our daughters are doomed.

C
Dec 14, 2020
You guys have some whacked priorities debating bar height. When you should be more concerned about grown men wearing latex gloves to fill up their short box one ton’s. Our daughters are doomed.

I'll admit, I have a pair of leather gloves in the door of my Duramax because I can't stand the smell of diesel and DEF on my hands while I eat.
I do have 3 crew cab long box 1 tons though. Short beds are useless.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012

Actually, that's a good sign for our daughters. Those grown men are using latex protection.

C
Dec 14, 2020
Why am I not surprised? You should mask up too. It’s always the Duramax driver.

What's the mask for? So I don't need to smell the Fords?

I knew far too many mechanics that died of liver cancer. I wear gloves religiously to avoid used oils full of carcinogens. Just like I wear a respirator welding, because I've never met an old welder.

I guess I'm just not tough, since I don't enjoy smelling like I'm soaked in fuel all the time.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I may not have to worry. My daughter is 100 times more of a know it all than I am. She’d make Chilly and SMF actually shed tears.
She’ll school the first guy in CVT theory and ocean fishing techniques and productivity.
Oh I understand about know it all daughters. (2 daughters 3 sons)

Has she been giving you pointers? ?

Last edited:
Premium Features