• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

9R Khaos Slash 165 Snow Check build.

IFlyEm

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 1, 2008
Temecula, CA
Screenshot_20230310_200300_Chrome.jpg

Here is my Snow Check. I was going to do an 850 but evidently Polaris isn't allowing customization to anything but a 9R or Boost. Not very happy about that. So I ended up changing to the 9R.

9R RMK Khaos Slash 165
- 7S
- Cobra Pull Cord
- Reversible Scratchers
- Mid height Handlebars

Add Ons:
- HPS Silencer
- Clutch kit (leaning towards Indy Specialties or TRS)
- DuraPro Ski Dampeners
- Burandt Large Tunnel Bag
- Handlebar Bag
- BM Fab Front and Rear Bumper
- Alternative Impact A-Arms
- TKS Super Combo (Brake lever, Res Protector, Throttle Block)
- ArcticFX Wrap

Who does the best stage II clutch kits for the 9R?

I'm kicking around a Munster Throttle but I'd like to try one before committing to it.

How are the mid height bars for someone that's 6' 2"?

Any other input?

Thanks!!

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
View attachment 402681

Here is my Snow Check. I was going to do an 850 but evidently Polaris isn't allowing customization to anything but a 9R or Boost. Not very happy about that. So I ended up changing to the 9R.

9R RMK Khaos Slash 165
- 7S
- Cobra Pull Cord
- Reversible Scratchers
- Mid height Handlebars

Add Ons:
- HPS Silencer
- Clutch kit (leaning towards Indy Specialties or TRS)
- DuraPro Ski Dampeners
- Burandt Large Tunnel Bag
- Handlebar Bag
- BM Fab Front and Rear Bumper
- Alternative Impact A-Arms
- TKS Super Combo (Brake lever, Res Protector, Throttle Block)
- ArcticFX Wrap

Who does the best stage II clutch kits for the 9R?

I'm kicking around a Munster Throttle but I'd like to try one before committing to it.

How are the mid height bars for someone that's 6' 2"?

Any other input?

Thanks!!
I run the mid bars and i’m 6’2”. (On my last 3 sleds also)

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
Salazz are much better. If you don't ride hard then maybe the Dura-Pro will work. When I ran Dura-Pro, I could get only about 2 rides out of a set before I tore them. Plus, they won't warranty them. They tell you it's from "abuse" when you send them your tore in half rubbers. Furthermore, they will wreck your skis when they shoot out the back. I have yet to wreck a set of Salazz and I have about 1000 and 800 miles on 2 sets.

PSI 800

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 1, 2015
north west british columbia
I as well am 6'2" and the mid bars are perfect. I have ridden with a finger throttle for 30plus yrs and love it. I bought the Munster as soon as it was released, it is a great product. But it like anything, some people like it some people hate it. I was just so used to it as when my buddies and I were all riding big bore triples with 3 44mm carbs it was easier to pull the throttle flipper with our fingers verses pushing the flipper with our thumb

A
Nov 26, 2007
Alaska
If you want to really blow your perm back sell your gripper skis on craigslist and get a set of SLP Mohawks. Metal ski saddle, great rubbers, and much better pivot location.

Grippers are just pure trash. Most over-hyped thing in sledding.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
If you want to really blow your perm back sell your gripper skis on craigslist and get a set of SLP Mohawks. Metal ski saddle, great rubbers, and much better pivot location.

Grippers are just pure trash. Most over-hyped thing in sledding.
Mohawks are the worse skis I have ever tried. Metzger literally made skis out of 2x4s. There is a YouTube video on it. Those 2x4 skis handled better than Mohawks.

C

cortez

Feb 12, 2009
Not to confuse you, but I’m 6’3” and run low bars, and quite like them over the mid height I had on my last sled..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Features