• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Nothing else matters if primary clutches won't stay on our sleds

JH@CM

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 12, 2018
Update: I dropped the sled off at my dealer this morning, 8:30am.

At 4pm the owner called. They extracted the broken bolt out of the crank, replaced the primary clutch/bolt and put on a new belt. He personally took it for a test ride to be sure it ran well and delivered it back to me (75mi away) tonight at 7:30pm.

If anything can save Polaris, it's their Fa¢kng awesome dealers who go above and beyond for their customers.

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
Last weekend 2024 lost a htfax. 2024 9r with 200 miles locked up. 2023 with recall clutch came apart. Not to mention the snowbike that lost a motor. Rough week for equipment.

Last edited:

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
Update: I dropped the sled off at my dealer this morning, 8:30am.

At 4pm the owner called. They extracted the broken bolt out of the crank, replaced the primary clutch/bolt and put on a new belt. He personally took it for a test ride to be sure it ran well and delivered it back to me (75mi away) tonight at 7:30pm.

If anything can save Polaris, it's their Fa¢kng awesome dealers who go above and beyond for their customers.
Good to know there are still dealers like that out there. My limited experience with the local dealers (for parts and clutch and shock work) has been far more disappointing; I won't run them down by name though. So feel free to share the good word and name them; I say let people know who the good guys are and let the rest figure it out or drop out of the game.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
A recall?
Amateurs.
Not the typical polaris recall. Sent me a zip tie. Apparently brake line routing and could cut line and no brakes. Fill out paperwork that i did it and the nice people of cat will send me a $25 American express gift card. What they didn't realize is I'm used to riding a 24 polaris with no brakes. Could have saved them a stamp.

JH@CM

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 12, 2018
Good to know there are still dealers like that out there. My limited experience with the local dealers (for parts and clutch and shock work) has been far more disappointing; I won't run them down by name though. So feel free to share the good word and name them; I say let people know who the good guys are and let the rest figure it out or drop out of the game.
Bucky's Outdoors in Pinedale, WY. Best shop around. Owned and operated by people who love to ride, and take care of their customers who share the passion.

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
Has anyone seen the new P22 clutch bolt? PN 7528304, supercedes PN 7528193. I thought this was we got on our 2024 sleds but the dealer said they have not seen it yet??
just became available

Premium Features