• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Who Snowchecked a 2025 Polaris?

Khaotic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Thanks for the input, I have always bought and enjoyed the 155 as well. Now my other question : Pro vs Khaos...
Did you think the 165 would have been better with the 3.25 track?

Khaotic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Depends on if you like the wheely factor or not, plus Khaos or Pro. there is a difference for sure. I personally like the PRO with a long track for when I am doing slow speed exploring. I did however drop the front skid mount down 1 hole to make it a bit more playful. And yes Chadly will say im poor as i only have 1 sled and its not boosted. I guess Im old because i have a muff pot, but there is nothing better than eating hot prime rib roast and gravy while my buddies are eatin a cold gas station sandwich.
I like the option to wheelie as long as it is controllable so was thinking the 165 Khaos might have that nice balance..
I am with you on the muff pot - smoked a prime rib before the last ride and it was amazing on the hill!

RBalazs

Snowest Terminator
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2020
I’m 210lbs and the 155 pro boost is awesome. 3.25 track hooks up and launches out of the snow. Spent time on a buddies 165 pro boost with the 2.75 and I couldn’t wait too get off of it. Obviously it all depends on your body, skill level and terrain/snow you ride. Regardless of the track length I would stay away from the 2.75 track.
Totally, I’m 165lbs buck naked and the 155 boost is pure ecstasy😂 I don’t think that my new sled, except for the last few inches of the track will ever touch the ground on the 25’ boost with the 3.25 and my weight.🤓

PSI 800

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 1, 2015
north west british columbia
For the type of snow we get and the 15 km hardpack trail rides to the good stuff I dont think the 325 would be a good choice. I live near the coast so our snow is generally heavier. But its what ever floats your boat, some may like it with those conditions, some may not.

b-litt

Premium Member
Aug 21, 2012
McCall, ID
m.youtube.com
I like the option to wheelie as long as it is controllable so was thinking the 165 Khaos might have that nice balance..
I am with you on the muff pot - smoked a prime rib before the last ride and it was amazing on the hill!
Get the khaos and adjust the shocks for wheelie and riding style. And the new 155 will go where the 165 used to.

But according to snowest logic all machines are equal. So, track lengths are most likely a social construct that can perform any way you perceive possible. This is contrary to the malformation 3 percenter forum riders teach.

JH@CM

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 12, 2018
Get the khaos and adjust the shocks for wheelie and riding style. And the new 155 will go where the 165 used to.
New 155s will go where old 165s went... but not where the new 165s will go.

165 Khaos (boost) wheelies plenty.

b-litt

Premium Member
Aug 21, 2012
McCall, ID
m.youtube.com
New 155s will go where old 165s went... but not where the new 165s will go.

165 Khaos (boost) wheelies plenty.
Good point. The new 165 will get ridiculous places. Does the 165 wheelie the right amount? Variables: track type, snow type, terrain preference, rider weight, shock setup, rider ability, rider speed, style of riding, etc. Everyone will answer that question different.
I’m afraid if we get too far off whatever the topic is Rbalazs will start posting self help rhetoric and bible verses again 😂

edgey

Premium Member
Jul 9, 2001
If you want a 155 boost go pro, if you want a 165 go khaos. I had a 22 155 khaos boost with the 3" track and it was crazy wheelie machine. Went 165 3.25 khaos boost in 24 and it's great . Still will wheelie but I can actually climb something with out going over backwards.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
So much happens on the forum when I'm out riding 4' of fresh 🤣

I think 165 is best choice for the majority of riders. Unless you are an advanced level rider wanting to do lots of bow ties and hopovers, the 165 works the best. I think the Pro vs Khaos doesn't matter. You can change a sled into either just by changing the set up. I ride Pro's and Caleb rides Khaos'. I don't think his sled wheelies anymore or less than mine.

And for the record I have a cooker on my sled. I had 2 pepperoni pizza hot pockets today 😋

20240312_141554.jpg

Khaotic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007

I think 165 is best choice for the majority of riders. Unless you are an advanced level rider wanting to do lots of bow ties and hopovers, the 165 works the best. I think the Pro vs Khaos doesn't matter. You can change a sled into either just by changing the set up. I ride Pro's and Caleb rides Khaos'. I don't think his sled wheelies anymore or less than mine.

And for the record I have a cooker on my sled. I had 2 pepperoni pizza hot pockets today 😋

Great pic!
I think I will flip the coin - excited to try the boost and compare it to my sweet running 9R.

RBalazs

Snowest Terminator
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2020

I’m only getting a 155 because when it’s on my lifted short bed truck and I roll up to get a coffee, it looks cooler than four more inches of track hanging off of my short bed Marlon Explorer Pro 2 sled deck😂😂

Since we’re dropping names, I did tell Caleb that I’m getting a 155 because you told me to get a 165 and if I want to change to a 165 I can just put a 165 skid under my 155. He agrees that would be the better way to go🤪

Two hot pockets huh! Thats a deeep day!

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Thanks for the input, I have always bought and enjoyed the 155 as well. Now my other question : Pro vs Khaos...
Did you think the 165 would have been better with the 3.25 track?
I have 2 165 sleds. A 850 NA with 2.75 and the Boost with 3.25. I am happy I went with 165's, especially on the Boost. A 155 with the 3.25 on th e NA would be nice to try though as I expect equal traction but more maneuverable.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
Every time I think 165 kahos, I revert back to why not just 155 pro. Save some money and weight and do similar things.
I’m sure the khaos rides big bumps a little better.

Khaotic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I have 2 165 sleds. A 850 NA with 2.75 and the Boost with 3.25. I am happy I went with 165's, especially on the Boost. A 155 with the 3.25 on th e NA would be nice to try though as I expect equal traction but more maneuverable.
maybe the 165 balances out the extra front end weight and power of the turbo -

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
maybe the 165 balances out the extra front end weight and power of the turbo -
The turbo sled still feels heavier but after adjusting the front skid shock tighter to take some weight off the skis it is pretty good. I'm sure the 3.25" lug track makes a huge difference in the feel of the sled too as it does have more traction. This is good for lifting the skis but also makes it feel heavier if you don't grab a handful to get track slip when initiating to get the sled on one ski. For those guys who bad-mouth the 2.75" track, it works very well for a lighter, lower powered sleds as it allows some slip which is huge for improving maneuverability. I am way less tired after a day on my NA over the Boost and it is not all about more power and more weight.

Khaotic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
That's good info - thanks! I like the 9R for that effortless maneuverability, it is so light and quick, but have always wanted to try a turbo and sounds like the 24's are running great

Premium Features