• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Who Snowchecked a 2025 Polaris?

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
The turbo sled still feels heavier but after adjusting the front skid shock tighter to take some weight off the skis it is pretty good. I'm sure the 3.25" lug track makes a huge difference in the feel of the sled too as it does have more traction. This is good for lifting the skis but also makes it feel heavier if you don't grab a handful to get track slip when initiating to get the sled on one ski. For those guys who bad-mouth the 2.75" track, it works very well for a lighter, lower powered sleds as it allows some slip which is huge for improving maneuverability. I am way less tired after a day on my NA over the Boost and it is not all about more power and more weight.
more-power-negativity-cars.jpg

K
Nov 30, 2008
Reno, NV
For those guys who bad-mouth the 2.75" track,

Still trying to figure out why the series 8 supposedly sucks. New to Polaris, have 600 miles on 9R with this track and it has performed flawlessly in everything from 4' of powder to set up packed powder, Sierra cement and everything in-between. No slipping of any kind, always hooking up.

One thing almost thirty years of riding has taught me- you might pick up slight gains in equipment here and there but it will never exceed the skill of the rider. Good rider on stock equipment will always out perform a mediocre rider on the latest and greatest mods.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
Still trying to figure out why the series 8 supposedly sucks. New to Polaris, have 600 miles on 9R with this track and it has performed flawlessly in everything from 4' of powder to set up packed powder, Sierra cement and everything in-between. No slipping of any kind, always hooking up.

One thing almost thirty years of riding has taught me- you might pick up slight gains in equipment here and there but it will never exceed the skill of the rider. Good rider on stock equipment will always out perform a mediocre rider on the latest and greatest mods.
You sound like the kid who tell me his Subaru handles way better than my Lamborghini... yet he has never driven a Lamborghini in his life... If you haven't rode another track side by side to compare then I'm sure you think that 2.75 is awesome. Ignorance is bliss.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
You can call it "ignorance". I would say , " leave well enough alone."
I get that approach but you saying it never slips is because you don't know. I thought the same thing as you until I got to try the other tracks. The 2.75 folds over big time on the Boost and 9R. The more miles the worse it gets. So much so that I had to run less weight when I switched tracks from the 2.75 to the 300LX on my 9R. I also run less weight in my 3.25 Boost than I did on my 22 Boost with the 2.75. However, if you are happy with how your set up is performing I wouldn't change it either.

U
Jul 20, 2016
Montana
KC711 uses a 2.75 155 on his bc boosted sled...And he keeps his bc sleds pretty stock over all. If we are going to use Pros as the barometer, like we do for Doo vs Poo, maybe the 2.75 has more value than its given credit for on this forum.

That being said, I kinda felt like the 2.75 should only go on a 9R to highlight all the things people like about a 9R. So clearly I dont know anyhting either

U
Jul 20, 2016
Montana
KC711 runs the 2.75 155 Boost on (one of) his BC sled. Seems we're pretty willing to use Pros as the barometer for Polaris vs Ski Doo, so maybe we should use them as the barometer for if the 2.75 is worth getting as well.

I am a little surprised - I would expect a boost to pair with 325 and a 9r to pair with the 2.75 since it really fits the use case for the 9r. But clearly Keith knows better than I do

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca

Many guys might be running the 155 with a Boost. That will slip for sure.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
So clearly I dont know anyhting either
I would agree with you on that. The 9R is for quick acceleration. 2.75 folds over and doesn't get the nose up like many of the stiffer tracks. Therefore, it's the opposite of what the 9R needs to "highlight" its capabilities.
Kesterke and Burandt don't run the 2.75. I can't speak for what Curtis runs because I've never seen his sled in person. Generally speaking, Professional's set ups aren't the best set ups for amateurs. The feedback here is most guys agree the 2.75 leaves more to be desired. Everyone is usually giving their opinion on what they have ridden, not what they saw someone running... I watched Caleb outclimb everyone with ease and do things all of us dream of on a 146 Boost with a 2.6 Composit track. I don't recommend that set up for anyone.

U
Jul 20, 2016
Montana
I would agree with you on that. The 9R is for quick acceleration. 2.75 folds over and doesn't get the nose up like many of the stiffer tracks. Therefore, it's the opposite of what the 9R needs to "highlight" its capabilities.
Kesterke and Burandt don't run the 2.75. I can't speak for what Curtis runs because I've never seen his sled in person. Generally speaking, Professional's set ups aren't the best set ups for amateurs. The feedback here is most guys agree the 2.75 leaves more to be desired. Everyone is usually giving their opinion on what they have ridden, not what they saw someone running... I watched Caleb outclimb everyone with ease and do things all of us dream of on a 146 Boost with a 2.6 Composit track. I don't recommend that set up for anyone.
But if we're saying the best pros in the world ride Polaris and that's how we know Polaris is better than Doo, then the best pro riding a 2.75 should also mean that's how we know the 2.75 is good. Can't really have it both ways

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
But if we're saying the best pros in the world ride Polaris and that's how we know Polaris is better than Doo, then the best pro riding a 2.75 should also mean that's how we know the 2.75 is good. Can't really have it both ways
Keith Curtis is not the best back country rider. The terrain on those RMSHA races is nothing like what people ride in the back country. Try again. And if you want to be dumb like that, the old angry guy stated Curtis was running 300LX tracks on his hill climb sleds. Which if that is true I highly doubt Curtis is running a 2.75 on his backcountry sled but I don't know. Perhaps we can send the stalker Jeff Brines out with his telephoto lens to "ride" with Keith and let us know what track he really has.

JH@CM

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 12, 2018
All the OEMs will manufacture fewer units this year. They have to reduce quantities. The market is flooded. The used values are in the toilet relative to new.

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
Not entirely caused by market flooding, cat dealers are relatively low stock, but used are still slow. Cash in hand is way off across our classifieds and marketplace in our area, across everything. Toys and equipment even trailer listings are sitting for months where you used to have to dial as listed or you’d miss it.

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
Chadly is right, the sled that handles the best in tight steep terrain is the poo, no denying that, but the doo flat out climbs better especially when the suspension is setup properly, IMO the doo suspension calibration is garbage.
I was actually hoping to see a 9R boost from Polaris this year, but they need to get caught up on their QA/QC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ryang85

Premium Member
Nov 7, 2020
Oregon/Norcal

I thought the 2.75 was bearable until jumped on some sleds with M77 tracks and an LX 300. Before that I was planning on buying a new track this summer, now I have a LX 300 sitting on my front door that I need to try and get on before the weekend and head up to the sierras.

2.75 sucks unless your doing less than 15mph of track speed, then its an OK track, if your climbing or wanting to go do anything when you hit the throttle then it sucks. I'm putting it on my girlfriends/my backup sled since she doesn't like doing wheelies anyways.

K
Nov 30, 2008
Reno, NV
2.75 sucks unless your doing less than 15mph of track speed, then its an OK track, if your climbing or wanting to go do anything when you hit the throttle then it sucks. I'm putting it on my girlfriends/my backup sled since she doesn't like doing wheelies anyways.
You're going to have to define "suck". If I can ride it in 4' of powder and not get stuck does it still suck? If I can climb every chute at Sonora and Gold does it still suck?

I guess there are tracks I could pay $1,800 to get to the top of the Elevator Shaft .8 seconds faster or lift my ski's 2" higher when I hit the throttle on my 9R. I just currently don't see the point. But hey, keep implying I must ride like a Sally, that's why I am ok with the 2.75

Premium Features