• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2024 Boost Expert Ride Report (The new and improved aluminum "lighter" weight boat anchor)

D

doudea

Sep 20, 2009
Western Slope
Carls has the stock calibration for $279. Speedwerx does not currently have the '24 stock tune and he is working on the '24

isn't the calibration update to address runability issues and false codes polaris relased in November for the '23 boost the '24 update?
i have heard from very reliable sources that it is
There are a fair amount of changes to the 24 stock tune compared to the 23 stock tune. Mostly around the mid-valve area in the mapping. EZlynk is correct the stock 24 tune is out there to flash into 23s & 22s boosts. The 24 Polaris tuning is a noticeable improvement over the 23 tuning.

IMG_2158.png

P
Feb 4, 2008
Cle Elum, WA
There are a fair amount of changes to the 24 stock tune compared to the 23 stock tune. Mostly around the mid-valve area in the mapping. EZlynk is correct the stock 24 tune is out there to flash into 23s & 22s boosts. The 24 Polaris tuning is a noticeable improvement over the 23 tuning.
Where did you get the 24 polaris stock tune?

P
Feb 4, 2008
Cle Elum, WA
I heard if you buy a brand new 24 boost, They will throw the tune in for free...
If I wouldn't have cheaped out on the sled for my dad it would have. My 23 Turbo R runs well though lol. How does the 24 Boost compare to the turbo r sleds now? I would think they would be a lot more comparable. I am leaning towards a Polaris for '25 and my buddy bought a 9R so that's why I picked up the boost for what i thought was a good deal, but it still isn't running right (broken boost box boots which were updated for '23).

T
Dec 19, 2007

It would be nice if one of the aftermarket tuning places to break down what has changed in the 2023 to 2024 ECU tune.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
If I wouldn't have cheaped out on the sled for my dad it would have. My 23 Turbo R runs well though lol. How does the 24 Boost compare to the turbo r sleds now? I would think they would be a lot more comparable. I am leaning towards a Polaris for '25 and my buddy bought a 9R so that's why I picked up the boost for what i thought was a good deal, but it still isn't running right (broken boost box boots which were updated for '23).
It's still not a Turbo R for throttle response. It's in-between a old Boost and the Turbo R. They are half way there.

mt.sledder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Saskatchewan
Update:
I'm now through break in and have slowly started to build the fitness that it requires to ride the piss out of one of these new Boosts. I'm starting to fall in love with the boat anchor. I have had the chance to try older Boosts with 2.75 and Ski Doo tracks and I will admit the 3.25 is just as good if not possibly the best track option for the PNW snow. I have zero damage to my track so far at 170 miles but I also don't go over 30 mph on the trail (I know I'll never be as good as some of you on the trail 😔). I have found the perfect balance point on this sled with my QS3's where I can get it to bow tie or hop-over on not very steep terrain (which is much harder than near vertical terrain) but I can also hit the steepest of shutes and keep the nose down with ease. The scratchers do work much better. I haven't seen my sled over 108 but I also haven't ridden yet in bad or icey conditions this year. I took the plastic landing pads for the scratchers off the rail and threw them in the garbage. They are useless. I put my scratchers up high on the rail to stow them away. I haven't had any issue with intake bog but I have been running BoonDocker intake since day one. I have had some problems with the exhaust bog here and there, but I just avoid putting the sled in a position to have it as a problem. The 2024 runs substantially better than the older Boosts I have been on. I would not ride a 22 or 23. The 24 is much more crisp and more lineal on the power delivery. I would say the bottom end is close to an older 850 Axys as I rode an old Axys Saturday. I willfully admit I was wrong about the 3.25 and the 2024 Boost. I now think it is the sled to have. I don't see myself riding my 9R at all unless the snow conditions suck. Granted I have $31k into my Boost so the set up didn't come cheap. The last thing I still would like to do is bring up my 9R and compare the 2 side by side but I haven't found someone who wants to ride my 9R for the day. I even offered Rusty to come up but apparently my free gas and 9R aren't good enough for him 🤣 The 9Rs that I have been able to get on this year haven't been set up nearly as nice as mine is, so I might think the Boost is a lot better than it is being that it's been a year since I've rode mine. The Boost is definitely a lot more work to ride and I think requires a lot more skill to ride in technical terrain than a 9R so it's not for the faint of heart.
Chilly
Make a 1" aluminum extension for your stock exhaust deflector that you can rivet on. That fixes the exhaust powder bog.

J
Sep 1, 2011
S/E MN
You can use EZ LYNK Auto Agent to flash a 24 calibration into previous years. It's in our 22 Boost right now. Reach out to Carl's Cycle or Speedwerx they can get you calibrations, stock or otherwise.

We can purchase or get the 24 stock map from carls or speedwerx is what your saying? I have the ez link already but my sons 22 is a slouch compared to my 24 and he supposedly has the 23 update in it.

CROW

Lifetime Membership
Jul 25, 2002
Michigan
It’s been a good couple of days…

-removed the P-22 for a P-85
-while installing a Boondocker intake, realized that my ‘22 boost has the air box from a ‘23

After these two changes, I ran it and could feel a slight improvement.

-I was able to get the ‘24 tune loaded (don’t ask)

Wow, what a difference on the low end. So much more responsive. Now I need to tweak the clutching a bit.

P
Feb 4, 2008
Cle Elum, WA
We can purchase or get the 24 stock map from carls or speedwerx is what your saying? I have the ez link already but my sons 22 is a slouch compared to my 24 and he supposedly has the 23 update in it.

Carls will sell it to you for $279. I already responded to this comment and no speedwerx does not have the '24 stock calibration.

newfrank

Lifetime Membership
Nov 11, 2013
is that just a square piece of aluminum bent to fit the stock outlet?

H

High Velocity

Nov 27, 2007
Hinton, Alberta
It’s been a good couple of days…

-removed the P-22 for a P-85
-while installing a Boondocker intake, realized that my ‘22 boost has the air box from a ‘23

After these two changes, I ran it and could feel a slight improvement.

-I was able to get the ‘24 tune loaded (don’t ask)

Wow, what a difference on the low end. So much more responsive. Now I need to tweak the clutching a bit.

What do you mean by “don’t ask” ? I just took my ‘23 to my dealer and he installed the ‘24 tune.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Here’s a couple pics of what I did on mine. In deep Revy snow every time I would get the exhaust side down in the snow it would bog. This 1” extension I made has totally eliminated that issue.
For those of you who think you need to do this please consider making it out of a thick rubber truck mudflap, instead of aluminum. I have done both in the past and for teeter-tottering on logs, the rubber option is much better. If you rivet it on while holding the "v" shape it is very strong against the snow but will flatted if on a log.

Premium Features