• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Who Snowchecked a 2025 Polaris?

ryang85

Premium Member
Nov 7, 2020
Oregon/Norcal
You're going to have to define "suck". If I can ride it in 4' of powder and not get stuck does it still suck? If I can climb every chute at Sonora and Gold does it still suck?

I guess there are tracks I could pay $1,800 to get to the top of the Elevator Shaft .8 seconds faster or lift my ski's 2" higher when I hit the throttle on my 9R. I just currently don't see the point. But hey, keep implying I must ride like a Sally, that's why I am ok with the 2.75
Have you ridden anything but the 2.75? I'm not implying anything but that there's better tracks out there. The 2.75 will get you from point A to point B, but once you ride a sled with a different track you will hate the way the 2.75 hooks up.

I get stuck all of the time when the snows good, Its part of pushing yourself into terrain that makes you a better rider, its not a good judge of of track, since I would get stuck nonmatter what track I'm on, plenty of the pros get stuck when they are pushing themselves. Half of my aired out bowties and whips result in me washing out or getting stuck and that has nothing to do with the track and is all operator error, its part of the fun.

I see guys on 850s climb up all sorts of chutes, but the 9R and boost both make it a lot more fun and give you more options, same things applies to the tracks. And both the M77 and LX300 are about 1100 bucks shipped, not 1800 like the Polaris 3.25. I've also seen enough 2.75 rip to make me not want to have it on my main sled without going into the performance issues alone.

Last edited:
K
Nov 30, 2008
Reno, NV
Yes, there's always something better out there. A guy might own a Lambo and tell the other Lambo owner how much handling he's missing out on because he's still running the Pirelli P Zero's and hasn't upgraded to the Michelin Pilot's. I get it! But it's still a Lamborghini.

Like I said, I'm new to Polaris machines and haven't ridden anyone's machine who has a Lynx or Russian track. If my machine hadn't been a '23 layover, I would have went with the 3.25 as it sounds a lot like the Powerclaw 3" which is what I ran the last three seasons on my Alpha. An absolutely phenomenal track.

I have a Catalyst 858 154 X 3 on order so I'll most likely just leave my 9R Pro 155 x 2.75 alone and ride both and be a very happy sledder.

b-litt

Premium Member
Aug 21, 2012
McCall, ID
m.youtube.com
Hey Chilly how does the Powerclaw work? I need some forum expert advice.
I have the powerclaw 2.6 on my 146”. It’s my favorite track for snow that has a base to spring type snow. Avid makes drivers that you flip to the inside. It keeps you from having to clip the track. You still have to cut it, but it’s just for hyfax cooling. Pretty easy process. Just make sure to remove the mono rail clips. They will wreck your shocks fast! I’ve seen that first hand on a buddies sled.

J
Aug 30, 2010
Hakuba Japan
Hello have just ordered the 2025 PRO RMK 165 with the 3.25 lug. I need some advice or recommendation please on getting a lite weight silencer /can? Currently have a 2019 850 163 with an HPS can and its been great, worked flawlessly and even I think added a little horsepower too. The only thing is its LOUD! Ideally would like to order a less noisy similar lite weight sleek looking can which adds hps if possible, but just don't know what to go with? I see several manufactures offer the same can for the 850 and the 9R and am confused on which to go for? Any suggestions or help would be much appreciated. Live and ride in Japan.

J
Aug 30, 2010
Hakuba Japan
Hello have just ordered the 2025 9R PRO RMK 165 with the 3.25 lug. I need some advice or recommendation please on getting a lite weight silencer /can? Currently have a 2019 850 163 with an HPS can and its been great, worked flawlessly and even I think added a little horsepower too. The only thing is its LOUD! Ideally would like to order a less noisy similar lite weight sleek looking can which adds hps if possible, but just don't know what to go with? I see several manufactures offer the same can for the 850 and the 9R and am confused on which to go for? Any suggestions or help would be much appreciated. Live and ride in Japan.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Hello have just ordered the 2025 PRO RMK 165 with the 3.25 lug. I need some advice or recommendation please on getting a lite weight silencer /can? Currently have a 2019 850 163 with an HPS can and its been great, worked flawlessly and even I think added a little horsepower too. The only thing is its LOUD! Ideally would like to order a less noisy similar lite weight sleek looking can which adds hps if possible, but just don't know what to go with? I see several manufactures offer the same can for the 850 and the 9R and am confused on which to go for? Any suggestions or help would be much appreciated. Live and ride in Japan.
Diamond s or slp are about the quieter of all. Diamond s is the lightest and most expensive. Have an slp on 23 9r because they were out of stock on Diamond s. I'll buy you a Diamond s can, and haul it in my suitcase, if you take me sledding in japan.

Premium Features