• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Which Aftermarket Suspension is best: K-Mod, Timbersled, EZ-Ride, TeamFast?

If you were going to change out the rear suspension, which would you buy??

• KMOD

Votes: 124 33.7%
  • Timbersled

Votes: 111 30.2%
  • EZ-Ryde

Votes: 62 16.8%
  • Team Fast

Votes: 10 2.7%
  • CR Racing

Votes: 27 7.3%
  • Racer's Edge

Votes: 23 6.3%
  • Nextech

Votes: 11 3.0%

• Total voters
Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
T

TNytro162

Feb 6, 2011
Northern Colorado
The Yamaha light weight skid that i have been talking so much about is a pos. I was replacing my track pulled my skid and the front arm is bent. I rode it one season. going to see the dealer and hope the part is under warranty. now im thinking i should install it on the 09 for my wife it should be ok on trail's.
Now you tell me Wilmot,,,where did it bend and did they warenty it,,,cause then its going to be Kmod or Tsled for me........

W

wilmot

Feb 3, 2010
Clearfield, UT
Make sure you dont bottom out. my frame hit the rubber stoppers on the rail and caused it to bend. My dealer says it was my fault. Not enough air in front shock. You would think the rubber stoppers are there so this doesn't happen. There was another guy on here that had the same thing happen. Im going to try and wait for MPI to put there new skid out....

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I was "JUST" speaking to KMOD a few moments ago about that very issue. Since I am running his skid to evaluate and compare/contrast, I have asked him to make the decision on which route to go.

My guess is that it will be the Raptors when all is said and done though.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Guess we know who is doing the heavy lifting around here.

guinea-pig-weight.jpg

otis

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2007
I find this thread amusing to some extent and at the same point really informative. In the end most of the discussion has been comparing the new k-mod suspension to the new Timbersleds suspension. Really only the manufacturers know what they have and how it compares to each other. That information is based upon comparing the old suspension designs to their newest designs. It's awesome to see them contribute and offer insight to what we can expect this year. I'm really excited to see who has come up with the best design.

However, there is a plethora of anecdotal information being passed around with guys posting "... that in my experience I really like xxx's suspension." That information is nice to hear, but not really that helpful. I used to think my RX-1 had a great suspension, but my frame of reference was too small at the time to make a meaningful comparison.

What really matters are that these manufacturers are improving their designs when comparing them to OEM and their competitors. The more designs out there and the more competition between them leaves us the consumer to be the ultimate winners.

Every innovation that gets made is then copied and applied to the new OEM or competition's designs which improves our experience.

I've learned a lot about coupling, ski lift and ski pressure, rising or falling rate suspensions, compression and rebound dampening and much more here reading this thread. In the end I have to choose a design which sounds like the best option for the type of riding I do. At the same time I am willing to bet that I will think it's the best suspension available. One because I paid a ton if money for it and two because it's better than what I came off of.

I'm done ranting here. Just want to remind people to be wary of hearing a bunch of guys who buy something and tell you it's the best thing since sliced bread. Anything you choose will be awesome and as long as the company is willing to offer good service you will be happy.

I'm more excited to ride this year than any in recent memory.

Otis

T

TTE

Nov 26, 2007
Norway
A little off topic, but does the new timbersled suspension fit on iceage rails made for their old suspension?

K

Kibbels

Dec 8, 2007
Red Deer, AB
I have only used Racer's Edge.... and it has been excellent to me and the Service to date has been excellent. When Darryl is in Revy he always is willing a helping hand and ensuring the setup is spot on...:face-icon-small-hap

I must say the New Kmod & New Timber looks Great!!!

Cheers...

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
The one thing we can all agree on is that there are SEVERAL GOOD choices available to us right now!

We are lucky to have several great companies building after market suspensions for our sleds to choose from!!

curt

Lifetime Membership
Apr 29, 2008
Can you tell us a little bit about your design and why you went that route? How does it work, how much does it weigh, with a single shock like that is it still a regressive suspension, is coupling amounts adjustable, where does it excell, and where doesn't it?

Hi, sorry about the slow response but we do not particapate that much in the forums. I will try to explain how it works but should do a vid! If weight is transfered to the rear under power the front arm imeadiatly starts pulling up. This is the only suspension that I know does this. This makes the rear arm fully sensitive to power and keeps awesome aproach angle without having ultra short limiter straps and heavy steering. As the front gets colapsed the rear follows very close deminishing the ramping effect. There is also 6" of shock stroke used on the front arm and full force,THIS IS WERE THE WEIGHT IS ON BUMPS! You can have it all. The weight is 33LB for a 162 and there are tons of adjustments for transfer and ride with neither hampering each other. One huge benifit other than performance is the lack of rust and fatuige and being transferable between different makes and models for a long term investment. The unit excells in every aspect unless you want lots of transfer for wheelies, then I would look elsewere.

Premium Features