• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

"Contrarian" First Ride Review: 2023 Gen5 Turbo Expert

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
My gauges won't measure the existing pressure in a shock, as I lose over 30% when I connect the gauge. I can only guess at what the pressure was based on what my gauge shows. I can only accurately measure the amount of nitrogen that I install in a shock. In a skidoo shock, it's 300 lbs.

Fair enough, doo had a TSB on that rear shock. My shock guy said the pressure was low. Didn’t matter to me, I got a full revalve anyway.

The stock shock calibration is soft, rode one today, for my riding Style and preferences. I had to crank the torsions to max, and turn the rear clicker on the rear shock all the way in, and Im 185 lbs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Fair enough, doo had a TSB on that rear shock. My shock guy said the pressure was low. Didn’t matter to me, I got a full revalve anyway.

The stock shock calibration is soft, rode one today, for my riding Style and preferences. I had to crank the torsions to max, and turn the rear clicker on the rear shock all the way in, and Im 185 lbs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What was the TSB? On all G5 Summits or Turbos only?

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
What was the TSB? On all G5 Summits or Turbos only?
the TSB was for Experts and listed the 3 possibilities for the rear sag which were:
adjustable limiter strap was put together wrong
the rear suspension rocker was installed wrong
the rear shock needs to be cycled in the soft position

ryanjeri

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
ID
the TSB was for Experts and listed the 3 possibilities for the rear sag which were:
adjustable limiter strap was put together wrong
the rear suspension rocker was installed wrong
the rear shock needs to be cycled in the soft position
this must have been the same one that was posted on here somewhere a while back .

Turbo Thompson

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2021
On top of the mountain
1500 miles on my 23 expert turbo. Sled wise it was absolutely amazing for a bone stock. I beat the sh!t out of it and it shows. 5 belts, 11 exhaust springs and a handful of cosmetic parts that I know I’m to blame for. Hoping clutching helps in the belt department on my 24.

Premium Features