• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Expert 34" Front end - Who's ridden one?

High Voltage

Lifetime Membership
Jan 30, 2003
Helena, MT
My last sled was also a 2020 expert, and I don’t notice a big difference myself. Maybe if you had them both on the hill, and jumped from one to the other you may have a better idea of a difference.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Have 80 miles on my 2022 Expert 165 Turbo and the 34 inch stance isn't as big of a difference as I expected compared to my 2020 Expert 165 N/A running the 35.7" stance.

Really a great sled with good power delivery and easy to ride. The area Ski Doo would benefit the most from is weight reduction, however that would likely drive the price up so much that the sled would have an even more limited market. Greater than $20,000 for a sled is a lot money for a toy.

Doo needs to narrow the sled to match the narrower ski stance. An inch on each side panel and a half inch or inch on the running boards would doo it.

J
Nov 20, 2021
Revelstoke
I’m running it full narrow. I like it.

Coming from a non turbo to this I might have to play with my suspension setup a little, sled is money in the soft but feels a little heavy in the front when it’s firmer. Kinda threw me off line a number of times yesterday. Might crank the preload on my Center shock a bit , and soften front shocks ?

Blk88GT

Westbound and down
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Winnipeg, Manitoba
For what it's worth, I hated the 34" setup the first day out when trying to follow some goat paths in. It could also have been the cobwebs on my riding skill... but cranking the front springs up to 2 and then 3 greatly changed how the sled behaves. Going for 4 the next time out and will post up my thoughts afterwards. I find the front end pretty soft the way it came configured from the dealer.

High Voltage

Lifetime Membership
Jan 30, 2003
Helena, MT
For what it's worth, I hated the 34" setup the first day out when trying to follow some goat paths in. It could also have been the cobwebs on my riding skill... but cranking the front springs up to 2 and then 3 greatly changed how the sled behaves. Going for 4 the next time out and will post up my thoughts afterwards. I find the front end pretty soft the way it came configured from the dealer.
My last expert and now my turbo expert I have cranked up to 4 on the front shocks. I have left the suspension preload alone, but have adjusted the dampened to 2/3 tightened.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
My last expert and now my turbo expert I have cranked up to 4 on the front shocks. I have left the suspension preload alone, but have adjusted the dampened to 2/3 tightened.
haven't touched mine yet.
Still going through the RElearning process of riding the Expert vs. the Summit.

Premium Features