• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Matryx 34” front end

D

DuncanSteel

Banned
Nov 8, 2022
Alaska
The narrow front end is bad. If you do any kind of technical riding it makes the sled ride like a Doo ala unicycle. It burns way more of your energy, as way more rider input is needed to keep it from going the wrong way. How about you lazy old guys learn the technique of getting a sled on edge instead of turning your snowmobile into a snow hawk? You can ride so much faster and harder through stuff with a wider stance. I always rode skis in and after riding with them neutral at Burandt's and Caleb telling me I was a fool I went back to neutral on my sleds and it's leaps and bounds better. The engineers design them to work with the width they come in and there is just some stuff that mathematically works.
I'm 30 years old and live and ride in Alaska in very very technical ****, and I'm very good at it and I love them. Don't come trying to big dick people over 2", the lack of knowledge you have is very evident cause the 34s you can ride way faster and harder, if your burning energy over 2" maybe your in the wrong sport or need to stay on the trail.

D

DuncanSteel

Banned
Nov 8, 2022
Alaska
That's all we need to know ?
Oh is if that's a bad thing and makes us bad riders? You guys down in the 48s don't even know, ever notice the videos that come from the 48s usually have a group of girls in them? Your biggest mountain is the hill we go up to get out of the parking lot. Try again.

rulonjj

Lifetime Membership
Apr 15, 2008
capitol town, WY
The narrow front end is bad. If you do any kind of technical riding it makes the sled ride like a Doo ala unicycle. It burns way more of your energy, as way more rider input is needed to keep it from going the wrong way. How about you lazy old guys learn the technique of getting a sled on edge instead of turning your snowmobile into a snow hawk? You can ride so much faster and harder through stuff with a wider stance. I always rode skis in and after riding with them neutral at Burandt's and Caleb telling me I was a fool I went back to neutral on my sleds and it's leaps and bounds better. The engineers design them to work with the width they come in and there is just some stuff that mathematically works.
I give it 2-3 years before you’re bragging about the advantages of a 34” front end…of course it will be after polaris comes out with it and your good buddy burandt brags it up.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
I wish I was insecure enough to post on a forum saying how awesome I am when some slams my set-up that I run. Unfortunately I'm so secure that I don't care what people say about my set up because I know how awesome of a rider I am ???

D

DuncanSteel

Banned
Nov 8, 2022
Alaska
I give it 2-3 years before you’re bragging about the advantages of a 34” front end…of course it will be after polaris comes out with it and your good buddy burandt brags it up.
Love the guys that went to a Burandt clinic and think they know everything now but you look at their profile and can tell they've never left the trail.

D

DuncanSteel

Banned
Nov 8, 2022
Alaska
I wish I was insecure enough to post on a forum saying how awesome I am when some slams my set-up that I run. Unfortunately I'm so secure that I don't care what people say about my set up because I know how awesome of a rider I am ???
Says a lot about yourself cause your the one that came in bashing people on the setups they're running so you really stuck you dick in your mouth on that one and called yourself out on your own insecurity. Its okay though, after spending a few minutes thumbing through the threads I've seen you pop up in every single one of them doing the same thing literally just bitching about everyone else opinions. Snowest should change your rating from Forum Expert to Forum Idiot.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
Says a lot about yourself cause your the one that came in bashing people on the setups they're running so you really stuck you dick in your mouth on that one and called yourself out on your own insecurity. Its okay though, after spending a few minutes thumbing through the threads I've seen you pop up in every single one of them doing the same thing literally just bitching about everyone else opinions. Snowest should change your rating from Forum Expert to Forum Idiot.
Hmm... I don't know how to deal with a child like you since most of the people on here are grown men. I'll get back to you after I can consult with Rusty my mentor on how to handle this. In the meantime I suggest you Google "forum" and learn about what it is. Apparently Alaska's educational system has failed you ☹️

Last edited:
D

DuncanSteel

Banned
Nov 8, 2022
Alaska
Hmm... I don't know how to do with a child like you since most of the people on here are grown men. I'll get back to you after I can consult with Rusty my mentor on how to handle this. In the meantime I suggest you Google "forum" and learn about what it is. Apparently Alaska's educational system has failed you ☹️
?

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Hmm... I don't know how to do with a child like you since most of the people on here are grown men. I'll get back to you after I can consult with Rusty my mentor on how to handle this. In the meantime I suggest you Google "forum" and learn about what it is. Apparently Alaska's educational system has failed you ☹️

Chilly is definitely on the right track here. Glad to see he is now riding neutral on ski spacers. I assumed he was set up correctly, I fall on the sword for my fail in his mentorship.

2 inches when it comes to Geometry and effect might as well be a mile. But you would have to be properly educated, know how inputs anffect outputs, or have some real life experience to know that.

It’s no wonder forum experts complain about Polaris with catch words like: boat anchors, planted, heavy front end. They spend money on something dumb like this. Way to wreck the best designed and handling chassis ever built.

I’d be scared to take a sled with grippers off trail with aftermarket a-arms and heim joints. Way too much flex. But I’m not 30 and don’t live in Alaska. Not really sure why that mattered?

D

DuncanSteel

Banned
Nov 8, 2022
Alaska
Chilly is definitely on the right track here. Glad to see he is now riding neutral on ski spacers. I assumed he was set up correctly, I fall on the sword for my fail in his mentorship.

2 inches when it comes to Geometry and effect might as well be a mile. But you would have to be properly educated, know how inputs anffect outputs, or have some real life experience to know that.

It’s no wonder forum experts complain about Polaris with catch words like: boat anchors, planted, heavy front end. They spend money on something dumb like this. Way to wreck the best designed and handling chassis ever built.

I’d be scared to take a sled with grippers off trail with aftermarket a-arms and heim joints. Way too much flex. But I’m not 30 and don’t live in Alaska. Not really sure why that mattered?
It mattered cause he started off by shaming "old lazy guys" and their riding abilities, well, I'm here to point out I'm not an old lazy guy and we have some of the most world class riding here and I love the 34 front end. Again, rider preference, what do people expect when some asswipe comes in shaming people calling them old and lazy because of their preference? Everyone is different and likes a different set up. I'm sure people aint knocking on your ****in window at the stop light telling you your steering wheel is in the wrong position and you need to scoot your seat back are they? Same difference.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
It mattered cause he started off by shaming "old lazy guys" and their riding abilities, well, I'm here to point out I'm not an old lazy guy and we have some of the most world class riding here and I love the 34 front end. Again, rider preference, what do people expect when some asswipe comes in shaming people calling them old and lazy because of their preference? Everyone is different and likes a different set up. I'm sure people aint knocking on your ****in window at the stop light telling you your steering wheel is in the wrong position and you need to scoot your seat back are they? Same difference.

Toughen up buttercup

#30YOAlaskaridersmatter

Premium Features