• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Matryx 34” front end

turbolover

Enduring the heat till Braap Season
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Rigby, Idaho
I'm sure the moderator has certainly seen it and realized that you were the idiot off the get go and how many people have agreed with that through this and decided to just let it go. Who the hell does that to someone they don't know? Some guy simply asks about a 34" front end and you call him old and lazy? **** your feelings but maybe the guy is old and lazy? All you had to say was hey this is my opinion on 34s even though I've never tried them this is what I've heard? and give the guy some good feed back to aid in a decision. Tag the moderator, I don't care, my defense? read the conversation and then tell me whos the asshole here.

Someone will be taking a timeout to cool off. If this continues it will be a permanent ban.

Murph

Polaris Moderator/ Polaris Ambassador/ Klim Amb.
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nobody runs a narrow front end in the hill climb circuit, nor do any factory sponsored riders.

Polaris RMSHA sleds used to be 41” Assault front ends (remember those?)

Now they are REACT 36” front ends….

34” front ends?…. Not outside the realm of possibility.

I’ve got a Barcode 34” front end to try. Been slammed with 50’+ of snow this season. Need to get it installed (sorry, Allan)

Not sure if it will happen before heading to Jackson Hillclimbs… but it will happen.

Last edited:

wonderxc600

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
MN
I put off set spindles on mine and had it set on the narrowest 34"setting and for me it was to squarely, so I put it to 36 and it's a lot more controlable for me

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA

I’ve got a Barcode 34” front end to try. Been slammed with 50’+ of snow this season. Need to get it installed (sorry, Allan)

Not sure if it will happen before heading to Jackson Hillclimbs… but it will happen.
I'm not saying it won;t get there but the suspension is designed for the width they sell it at. Changing the width changes the geometry which essentially make you rob Peter to pay Paul. I don't think it works. Not with the current front end.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT

Had a 34 inch front-end on mic's 850 all last year. Big fun but was a learning curve for a minute. Super fun in the trees. Didn't think it was squirrely at all. Still had that definite edge or breakover. Just easier. Not like a narrowed alpha where you feel like your riding a ball bearing

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
After having two 22’ 850 matryx sleds all season, stock 36” on one and 34” on the other. Can’t say I prefer one over the other now significantly. Some days I really like the 34” and love how easy it rides and some days I’m really happy on the 36” react. Weve had a record snow year here in Utah. Lots of deep days. Can’t say the 34” panels out any different than the 36” react. These sleds get on edge and hold a side hill so easy, it is a little easier on the 34”, but there is a learning curve getting used to it and not over ride it.

Premium Features