• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Catalyst Turbo!

nytro41

Premium Member
Oct 11, 2008
Some where in the hills ID
Ibexx was supposed to be tuning for SOLID to get the kit as good as possible. I've had a kit since 3 years ago and spent the first 2 battling them to fix the f king problem! They said the injector relocate would fix it. It did for some but there are still kits on the snow with issue and mid range problems.
They failed, they make excuses and lie. Solid has to deal with them because its what the option is. Some of us have asked and even tried to buy access to tuning. Even willing to do it on our own machines and willing to pay whatever it takes... Crickets and lie's.

The owner of SOLID is the 100% committed to being the best. They will solve this problem and build the highest quality and most efficient kit out there.

SOLID funded ibexx on the cat then they then decided to leave SOLID out of the conversation when cat called. Pretty F cked up!
Solid doesn't want to stir **** up because they still have to help the current kit owners. Ibexx used solid and even used my reputation (unfortunately I got the call after the fact asking why my sled ran and theirs didn't) ibexx claimed its pull and go,, never has been. There are some kits that are, but some that arent.

Seems like every sled company I talk to wants nothing to do with ibexx.

Just giving you the truth.

SOLID will have a kit, when its ready!
Why didnt you just buy the Torque link system and tune it? that seems like a good system. force is using them i think

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
Why didnt you just buy the Torque link system and tune it? that seems like a good system. force is using them i think
Because the point was to prove the kit.
The whole point Solid exists is to build the best kit on the mountain.
My participation was to find any issues or improve on what was there.
If it was just about me, I would have. Even as much as I hate boondicker I would have used it over the problems

nytro41

Premium Member
Oct 11, 2008
Some where in the hills ID
Because the point was to prove the kit.
The whole point Solid exists is to build the best kit on the mountain.
My participation was to find any issues or improve on what was there.
If it was just about me, I would have. Even as much as I hate boondicker I would have used it over the problems
ok. so im still confused why you wouldnt just do it show its better and then tell Solid what was better. if you were there to find and improve issues why wouldnt you do that? im just a little confused. from what ive seen and heard (one being maverick who can absolutely tear it up LOL) about solid they absolutely RIP!!

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
ok. so im still confused why you wouldnt just do it show its better and then tell Solid what was better. if you were there to find and improve issues why wouldnt you do that? im just a little confused. from what ive seen and heard (one being maverick who can absolutely tear it up LOL) about solid they absolutely RIP!!
Wyoboy1000 has sled cred. Kanedog listens when Wyo speaks. Word.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT

SnoWest podcast is up with the Ibex guys. Gives a little insight into the development. Something different going on with the exhaust side of the turbo itself from conventional turbo designs, but they didn't want to spill the beans on it. Changing the turbo out for a different size mid-summer without testing doesn't sound awesome. Their thoughts on airflow on the intake side make sense though from a fluid flow perspective. Sounds like they had Jason Nethercott involved helping them tune it the end of last year.

Ryan Harris says no factory turbo coming from Cat in the near future.

V

vayjining

Feb 20, 2023
Illinois :(

SnoWest podcast is up with the Ibex guys. Gives a little insight into the development. Something different going on with the exhaust side of the turbo itself from conventional turbo designs, but they didn't want to spill the beans on it. Changing the turbo out for a different size mid-summer without testing doesn't sound awesome. Their thoughts on airflow on the intake side make sense though from a fluid flow perspective. Sounds like they had Jason Nethercott involved helping them tune it the end of last year.

Ryan Harris says no factory turbo coming from Cat in the near future.

Be curious to see what advancements in turbo tech they came up with. From the photo posted earlier that's a Xona Rotor ( Forced Performance ) turbo with a TiAL v-band turbine housing. They might be the first to use a XR on a sled? But Xona has used their UHF turbine with splitter blades for awhile.

Solid Turbos

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 19, 2018
UTAH
For a pump gas turbo tune on a 600 what HP is realistic and how much weight gain?
We weighed a stock 800 on our scale and then removed the muffler 18.4lbs and about 8LBS of plastic and the sled with turbo weighed 4.9lbs more than the sled we started with. On the Catalyst I am thinking around 13-14 lbs more than stock sled. With a smaller displacement motor you can add more boost. The Catalyst comes with 42lb.hr injectors and we are using bigger injectors. Best guess at his point is 190-200hp.

PTSCummins

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 30, 2020
Be curious to see what advancements in turbo tech they came up with. From the photo posted earlier that's a Xona Rotor ( Forced Performance ) turbo with a TiAL v-band turbine housing. They might be the first to use a XR on a sled? But Xona has used their UHF turbine with splitter blades for awhile.
The XR is literally the exact same turbo being used in another kit previously mentioned in detail on this thread. It's nothing new, they're using it because someone else proved it worked. The oil return design is also not their own. It is a direct, part-for-part copy of someone else's design. To say they came up with it is laughable.

Time will tell. Come December when sleds start to kit the hills we'll see who delivers and who doesn't.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
I did!
Ibexx failed to correct or even address most of the time.
Kept telling me it was just my sled, it wasn't.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

PTSCummins

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 30, 2020
I did!

Mine as well. Spent an additional 3-4k of my own money in parts and "upgrades" to try and fix the issues under suggestion from Alex. Nearly burnt the sled down due to faulty parts that they sent out, charged me a fortune for, and did zero testing on. At the end of it they just said "we didn't have the snow to tune on our end so we can't help" after I sent them countless data logs and explained exactly what I wanted to see changed. Find out later that they were just too busy cobbling together their kit for the Catalyst instead of supporting customers who had already paid for a product they said was good to go. To clarify, nothing is wrong with the Solid turbo. It is ALL the Ibexx tuning and clutching that has issues

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
I did!

Yeah easy to blame something else indeed, Boondocker did that to me!, told them it was their POS box lol... it was. I'm not all "in" on the deets on all this solid-ibexx stuff lol. Just stuff here on the surface so to speak. I did find it interesting that solid has gone to bikeman for the tuner now as to ibexx, I thought Ibexx was the tuner and made the tune. and also made them seem to be agreat up and coming company with their tuner and the tuning,/clutching. it's a shame theres not a ton of videos/info on the solid Cat 800 kit but the ones I've seen but i get it due to price tag too. it seems to run as if it was factory. I have a 19 cat and I'll be putting somebody's kit on this winter that aint a silber or BD. the bikeman's in house tuning and feedback i've gotten from others were not the best and not overly thrilled about their tunes. I'd imagine solid and them are working together for a tune to work well. it really makes or breaks a kit as well much like so many have issues with the silber tunes and its a pretty mediocre result and still have to run a mix to up the octane.

PTSCummins

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 30, 2020
Yeah easy to blame something else indeed, Boondocker did that to me!, told them it was their POS box lol... it was. I'm not all "in" on the deets on all this solid-ibexx stuff lol. Just stuff here on the surface so to speak. I did find it interesting that solid has gone to bikeman for the tuner now as to ibexx, I thought Ibexx was the tuner and made the tune. and also made them seem to be agreat up and coming company with their tuner and the tuning,/clutching. it's a shame theres not a ton of videos/info on the solid Cat 800 kit but the ones I've seen but i get it due to price tag too. it seems to run as if it was factory. I have a 19 cat and I'll be putting somebody's kit on this winter that aint a silber or BD. the bikeman's in house tuning and feedback i've gotten from others were not the best and not overly thrilled about their tunes. I'd imagine solid and them are working together for a tune to work well. it really makes or breaks a kit as well much like so many have issues with the silber tunes and its a pretty mediocre result and still have to run a mix to up the octane.
The 18s and 19s weren't the problem. 20+ was, Ibexx claimed due to a cylinder change. Ibexx knew about this issue and still chose to sell the kits to people claiming they were ready-to-ride. It wasn't till I got it that Alex told me I would have to learn to ride around the dead spot in the tune.

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
The 18s and 19s weren't the problem. 20+ was, Ibexx claimed due to a cylinder change. Ibexx knew about this issue and still chose to sell the kits to people claiming they were ready-to-ride. It wasn't till I got it that Alex told me I would have to learn to ride around the dead spot in the tune.
brutal, I can understand the disappointment and frustration, at the price point the kits are... i mean I'd be pissed. The kits 9k CAD, almost as much as I paid for my sled LOL! did your sled have a injector relocation kit? I know it seemed like all of them, silber,BD and so on initally turbo'd the 20+ as per usual to find out as far as i know that it was the cause of a bog/dead spot and now they sell the kits with injector relocation kits.

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
This is some good juicy clutch drama. This a great kickoff to the 2024 forum season! LFG!!!!!! Woohoo!
And why didn't the fabricator take 15 minutes to properly fab the exhaust joints/flange? They aren’t square. Shame, shame. Haha
Ceramic coating-10/10
Fabrication-6.9/104081E069-6EB4-4D36-BD1A-124890335923.jpeg

Last edited:

FiveFingerMethPunch

Premium Member
Dec 17, 2018
Utah
This is some good juicy clutch drama. This a great kickoff to the 2024 forum season! LFG!!!!!! Woohoo!
And why didn't the fabricator take 15 minutes to properly fab the exhaust joints/flange? They aren’t square. Shame, shame. Haha
Ceramic coating-10/10
Fabrication-6.9/10View attachment 408867

Hahahaha that’s hardly a fabrication issue. The weld on the pipe exhaust flange is what is causing that. In order for that to sit flush on the flange you’d have to grind the pipe…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Solid Turbos

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 19, 2018
UTAH
I like your enthusiasm! There is an uneven weld on top of the pipe that the flange is resting on. The holes in the flanges are oversized to allow that joint to articulate as designed. Safe sledding this season.

Solid Turbos

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 19, 2018
UTAH
Yes, why start out perfectly aligned on $5,000 new product when you can start out crooked. Typical murican fabrication and work quality. I’m sad.

Hey, it’s 6-6.5k USD. If you are going to insult me get your facts straight, unfortunately that’s an OEM weld and not much we can do about it. We hold extremely tight tolerances, all of our part are welded in jigs with specific welding procedures to keep the pieces from warping.

Premium Features