• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Catalyst Turbo!

Old & slow

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2017
Alberta
It's a two stroke turbo it's not gonna be much different.. possibly smaller turbo, different engine mapping but överallt it will be silicone hoses, turbo, oilfeed, wastegate, mapping..

Since all makes are running horizontal turbos I'm guessing this will keep with that setup..
Actually they say they are using carbon fiber piping.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Ibexx was supposed to be tuning for SOLID to get the kit as good as possible. I've had a kit since 3 years ago and spent the first 2 battling them to fix the f king problem! They said the injector relocate would fix it. It did for some but there are still kits on the snow with issue and mid range problems.
They failed, they make excuses and lie. Solid has to deal with them because its what the option is. Some of us have asked and even tried to buy access to tuning. Even willing to do it on our own machines and willing to pay whatever it takes... Crickets and lie's.

The owner of SOLID is the 100% committed to being the best. He will solve this problem and build the highest quality and most efficient kit out there.

SOLID funded ibexx on the cat then they then decided to leave SOLID out of the conversation when cat called. Pretty F cked up!
Solid/ Jay doesn't want to stir **** up because we still have to help the current kit owners. Ibexx used Jay and even used my reputation to sell saying its pull and go,, never has been. There are some kits that are, but some that arent.

Seems like every sled company I talk to wants nothing to do with ibexx.

Not looking to spread ****, just giving you the truth.

SOLID will have a kit, when its ready!
Sounds like every aftermarket turbo system ever.

FiveFingerMethPunch

Premium Member
Dec 17, 2018
Utah
Ibexx was supposed to be tuning for SOLID to get the kit as good as possible. I've had a kit since 3 years ago and spent the first 2 battling them to fix the f king problem! They said the injector relocate would fix it. It did for some but there are still kits on the snow with issue and mid range problems.
They failed, they make excuses and lie. Solid has to deal with them because its what the option is. Some of us have asked and even tried to buy access to tuning. Even willing to do it on our own machines and willing to pay whatever it takes... Crickets and lie's.

The owner of SOLID is the 100% committed to being the best. He will solve this problem and build the highest quality and most efficient kit out there.

SOLID funded ibexx on the cat then they then decided to leave SOLID out of the conversation when cat called. Pretty F cked up!
Solid/ Jay doesn't want to stir **** up because we still have to help the current kit owners. Ibexx used Jay and even used my reputation to sell saying its pull and go,, never has been. There are some kits that are, but some that arent.

Seems like every sled company I talk to wants nothing to do with ibexx.

Not looking to spread ****, just giving you the truth.

SOLID will have a kit, when it’s ready!
All I can say is if they plan to run the turbo game like they have their clutching business they won’t make it. I bought some stuff for my 850 And it would not work. Called and called and called and got nothing but the runaround from them. It’s like they had no clue how to set it up. They would just say well maybe try this. Half the time I would call and no answer and never return my calls. They are some shady mofos to say the least and now they are hooked up with Tupper… yikes I can only imagine how much “knowledge “ they stole from someone else. I have always wondered why Solid was using them for tuning and clutching? Does anyone know the answer to that? There are so many better options out there.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Silber, Solid, Boondocker, and the belt driven variety from Speedwerx are what I have heard of for Cat boost in the Ascender/Alpha platform.

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
I heard the announcers were pumping the first one up as it went up but an a arm failed mid way
I was there, a number of them made it to the top. No the 600 with the turbo was not running right. The catalysts with the current 800 ctec with turbos ran strong.

Instagram has a number of videos.

G

gp800

Sep 25, 2017
I was there, a number of them made it to the top. No the 600 with the turbo was not running right. The catalysts with the current 800 ctec with turbos ran strong.

There was only 1 with an 800. (Kyle Tapio) and two 600's (Todd Tupper and Riley Kincaid.)

4thekozz

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 2, 2021
Qualifying day ( Friday) Geoff Rogers had a Green Catalysts break a top left a-arm, Looked like it broke at the spindle on the last set of jumps

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT

What was your thoughts on the sled? I was going to go to Jackson but watched the li e feed instead.

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Typical ‘Murican garbage fabrication. What happened to having pride in your work? Sheesh.
The rider was really good though, nice run.

94240851-27A9-420B-98CA-7E51E580D00D.jpeg

Last edited:
P
Dec 15, 2018
Should they be silicone corners or composite or just the welding you don’t like. It’s obviously garage racer engineering at this point lol. I’ve actually n vet had a turbo on anything so iam curious how it’s supposed to be.

bgraff1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Lloydminster, Alberta
Should they be silicone corners or composite or just the welding you don’t like. It’s obviously garage racer engineering at this point lol. I’ve actually n vet had a turbo on anything so iam curious how it’s supposed to be.
thats the exhaust, not going to get silicone/composite to hold up to the heat. can already see the charge air side is carbon

spoon

Wrenching to ride is half the fun
Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Kootenays, BC
thats the exhaust, not going to get silicone/composite to hold up to the heat. can already see the charge air side is carbon
For a quick build with a new as yet to be in full production sled, just getting that system working with only a few weeks to do it is a testament to the guys who did it. For those criticizing I say show me you can do better in their situation. A production consumer kit would be more polished and refined I am sure but purpose built isn't always perfect built.

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
What was your thoughts on the sled? I was going to go to Jackson but watched the li e feed instead.
You should have came down. We rode Alpine on Saturday and the snow up high was unreal. Best snow of the year! :D

I like the new chassis. Wish I could have taken one for a test ride. Overall they feel and look smaller. The cockpit is way better for a taller rider, so that will be good for you and I; more leg room and you don't feel like you're falling off the back of the seat. One of the design engineers is 6'4" and had a lot of input on the cockpit. The seat and tank are a lot narrower. I think that will be a huge plus technical riding. I can't remember how much lower the engine is, but man it sits low in the chassis; looks significantly lower then the Ascender. The new steering system looks promising. Why it took so long to improve that is kind of stupid. I'm hoping the new steering setup can be retrofitted on an ascender (I'm keeping my current sled regardless). It does feel like you can get more forward, but need to ride one to make a final conclusion. The footwells are more open. I think I will like the stock boards, felt like plenty of traction. I did specifically ask about the boards and the tech said it's pretty 50/50 which version people liked, stock/composite vs the accessory tube version. The composite versions might flex a bit and the tube boards will feel more rigid, assuming. A lot of small things that look a lot better. You can tell they put a lot of effort into simplifying things. Hopefully they release a twin rail version. But honestly, I would give the alpha version a try first. From all reports the alpha setup works better in this chassis and the alpha traction is untouchable. The current twin rail setup will bolt right in, if they make a bad decision and not offer it. I'm sure all the hill climb racers are advocating for a twin rail option. From everything I'm hearing the bigger motor is impressive, power inline with the 9r. Hopefully they have that motor all figured out and setting up the supply chain now. I think it will be a big seller next year.

However, if snowchecks are restricted and pricing is anything close to the 9r/turbo prices, I'm out. Prices are stupid right now and I'm not paying $20K for a sled. There is nothing I don't like about my current sled. Slap some new pistons in it and letter eat for a few more years. Wait for the economy to go boom and get things back to reality. It's coming, not a matter of if, just when. Frankly, the sooner the better. Already starting to see signs of it in housing and automotive. Recreation vehicles will get hit hard, so hopefully they don't get cocky. See what next year brings!

Premium Features