• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Catalyst Turbo!

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Looks like Ibexx is shooting to be first to market with 6-8psi of boost. $500 gets you on the list!

Claims this is a version of the kit the hillclimb team has been testing.

hansenmac

Lifetime Membership
Oct 22, 2012
Deering ND
if the new 600 is 130hp it should be that or a hair more at elevation with a turbo. an 850 or 900 should be around 125 or so at 8 to 9k feet. lots of money and weight for a few hp

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
I imagine you’ll see a number of turbo kits for the cat next year. Ibexx won’t be the only one.
For sure there will be more. These guys just appear to have the jump on it.

I don't think 150-160hp is unreasonable. 14-15k for the sled plus 5-6k for a good turbo kit. Still be cheaper than a 9R, but no warranty.

spoon

Wrenching to ride is half the fun
Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Kootenays, BC
I'm tuning mine, looking forward to se if there will be low cost big bore options, ride at sea level so makes more sense..
800 CTEC cylinders might be a bolt on if bottom end is same as 800, if not it has same stroke so make a big bore kit that used stock 800 pistons.

MTsled3

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2012
Belgrade, Montana
if the new 600 is 130hp it should be that or a hair more at elevation with a turbo. an 850 or 900 should be around 125 or so at 8 to 9k feet. lots of money and weight for a few hp
If i remember right, the Gen 4 Doo turbos were only running max 4 psi at 8000ft to maintain stock power. 6-8 psi should put out more than stock. Maybe be more in the 150hp range?

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
I asked on their fakebook post if the catalyst kit was similar to the Solid Legend, no response. I have a feeling it’s different, which would be disappointing. The Legend seems like a great kit. Lots of positive reviews on it. But that price…DAMN!!!

A
Dec 21, 2018
I asked on their fakebook post if the catalyst kit was similar to the Solid Legend, no response. I have a feeling it’s different, which would be disappointing. The Legend seems like a great kit. Lots of positive reviews on it. But that price…DAMN!!!
It's a two stroke turbo it's not gonna be much different.. possibly smaller turbo, different engine mapping but överallt it will be silicone hoses, turbo, oilfeed, wastegate, mapping..

Since all makes are running horizontal turbos I'm guessing this will keep with that setup..

CISC0

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 3, 2010
PNW=WA
Solid and Ibexx are two different companies. Solid came to Ibexx for tuning on their kit. Ibexx is now making their own kits. You can connect the dots

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
Ibexx was supposed to be tuning for SOLID to get the kit as good as possible. I've had a kit since 3 years ago and spent the first 2 battling them to fix the f king problem! They said the injector relocate would fix it. It did for some but there are still kits on the snow with issue and mid range problems.
They failed, they make excuses and lie. Solid has to deal with them because its what the option is. Some of us have asked and even tried to buy access to tuning. Even willing to do it on our own machines and willing to pay whatever it takes... Crickets and lie's.

The owner of SOLID is the 100% committed to being the best. They will solve this problem and build the highest quality and most efficient kit out there.

SOLID funded ibexx on the cat then they then decided to leave SOLID out of the conversation when cat called. Pretty F cked up!
Solid doesn't want to stir **** up because they still have to help the current kit owners. Ibexx used solid and even used my reputation (unfortunately I got the call after the fact asking why my sled ran and theirs didn't) ibexx claimed its pull and go,, never has been. There are some kits that are, but some that arent.

Seems like every sled company I talk to wants nothing to do with ibexx.

Just giving you the truth.

SOLID will have a kit, when its ready!

Last edited:

FiveFingerMethPunch

Premium Member
Dec 17, 2018
Utah
Ya hurry put $500 down so we have seed money to test tune a turbo kit that you have no idea what they are charging for it!

Hey show me a video that shows me nothing more that a catalyst in snow. Wow now I'm sold!
It’s all that proprietary turbo info they stole from someone else… only reason they won’t post pics of it.

FiveFingerMethPunch

Premium Member
Dec 17, 2018
Utah
Ibexx and Solid are two separate companies. The Legend series turbo is made by Solid and unfortunately (from what I’ve heard) was tuned by ibexx.

Premium Features