• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Catalyst Turbo!

G

gp800

Sep 25, 2017
Qualifying day ( Friday) Geoff Rogers had a Green Catalysts break a top left a-arm, Looked like it broke at the spindle on the last set of jumps
Geoff Rogers Is a skidoo racer. That was Todd Tupper, it had failed the upper spindle bolt.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
Tapios catalyst sure made some smooth runs to the top. Motor sounded flawless while we were up there. skid (whatever it was) looked like it soaked up the garbage really well, sidehilled effortlessly.
Couple ascenders gettin it done sounding mean AF as well.
Had the panels off the display model that looked like it been rode hard put away wet, trying to see how the belt tension system worked but got too distracted. beer, ladies, racing, great time!

G

gp800

Sep 25, 2017
Tapios catalyst sure made some smooth runs to the top. Motor sounded flawless while we were up there. skid (whatever it was) looked like it soaked up the garbage really well, sidehilled effortlessly.
Had the panels off the display model that looked like it been rode hard put away wet, trying to see how the belt tension system worked but got too distracted. beer, ladies, racing, great time!
Tapios Ran an EZryde that weekend. The sled was built with a TRF skid like Todd Tupper's but they were not comfortable enough with it heading into Jackson so they went with what they know.

P
Dec 15, 2018
Just quoted 15800 for a black catalyst 154x2.6 from my dealer. I can get you the sled too if you want. Said today I’d last order day for them?

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
The belt tensions with an eccentric bearing housing on the exhaust side. Clutch side doesn't move. Hopefully this doesn't cause drive belt/clutch alignment issues if it's not in the sweet spot of adjustment.

P
Dec 15, 2018
I just asked the dealer at 4 corners if they could get one and if so how much. I bought my 22 hardcore from them but iam not really a special customer

MTsled3

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2012
Belgrade, Montana
I just asked the dealer at 4 corners if they could get one and if so how much. I bought my 22 hardcore from them but iam not really a special customer
That's disappointing. I had hoped to order a 2025 from them when the new motor comes out next year but I'm definitely not going to pay over msrp.

Might have to go with the dealer in Kalispell, my brother is good friends with the owner's nephew.

Last edited:

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Seems steep. $1900 more than msrp (non e-start). Did you add a bunch of options?

A 2024 Doo Summit Adrenaline w Edge package 154/2.5 lug, 600 ETEC is $14,699 vs that $15,800 for the Cat.

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
For a quick build with a new as yet to be in full production sled, just getting that system working with only a few weeks to do it is a testament to the guys who did it. For those criticizing I say show me you can do better in their situation. A production consumer kit would be more polished and refined I am sure but purpose built isn't always perfect built.
Incorrect, if you are showcasing a product for the 1st time and expect to sell, at least take the time to do it right and as close to perfect as possible. You seem like a perfect customer for that item.
I find it funny I have to explain to dumb ‘Muricans what quality work looks like. Hahahahaha yankeeeeeez!

P
Dec 15, 2018
I went to artic cats site today and could t find MSR and the site says no new build online so? I told him get it for me anyway. I think it’s overpriced for sure but …and this sounds bad, I can loose the 500 bucks without to much trouble if he doesn’t work with me and or there’s not a good warranty. Bet by that time guys will be Looking to buy and I can sell it maybe? I dunno but I was due to trade in mine and iam so new I think a 600 might actually help me ? Even though my legend guide thinks it’s just about as strong as the 800…?? We’ll see. Was going to buy a a skidoo but honestly if you get a decent suspension package it cost that much too . Of course it’s a 850 lol…

Last edited:

WhiskeyTee

Lifetime Membership
Dec 12, 2013
Utah
A 2024 Doo Summit Adrenaline w Edge package 154/2.5 lug, 600 ETEC is $14,699 vs that $15,800 for the Cat.
What we dont know is.
Is that including all costs including shipping, dealer set up, sales taxes and licensing fees. As in what you write the check for? Or is it the quote before any of that or including just some of that?
And then, what is the sales tax rate where they are? What are the state licensing fees?
And too your question of accessories they included in the quote?

Clark42

Lifetime Membership
Jun 3, 2016
Washington
What we dont know is.
Is that including all costs including shipping, dealer set up, sales taxes and licensing fees. As in what you write the check for? Or is it the quote before any of that or including just some of that?
And then, what is the sales tax rate where they are? What are the state licensing fees?
doo also charges a commodity tax 4-800 dollars

nytro41

Premium Member
Oct 11, 2008
Some where in the hills ID
Incorrect, if you are showcasing a product for the 1st time and expect to sell, at least take the time to do it right and as close to perfect as possible. You seem like a perfect customer for that item.
I find it funny I have to explain to dumb ‘Muricans what quality work looks like. Hahahahaha yankeeeeeez!
Was that a production kit?

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
You should have came down. We rode Alpine on Saturday and the snow up high was unreal. Best snow of the year! :D

I like the new chassis. Wish I could have taken one for a test ride. Overall they feel and look smaller. The cockpit is way better for a taller rider, so that will be good for you and I; more leg room and you don't feel like you're falling off the back of the seat. One of the design engineers is 6'4" and had a lot of input on the cockpit. The seat and tank are a lot narrower. I think that will be a huge plus technical riding. I can't remember how much lower the engine is, but man it sits low in the chassis; looks significantly lower then the Ascender. The new steering system looks promising. Why it took so long to improve that is kind of stupid. I'm hoping the new steering setup can be retrofitted on an ascender (I'm keeping my current sled regardless). It does feel like you can get more forward, but need to ride one to make a final conclusion. The footwells are more open. I think I will like the stock boards, felt like plenty of traction. I did specifically ask about the boards and the tech said it's pretty 50/50 which version people liked, stock/composite vs the accessory tube version. The composite versions might flex a bit and the tube boards will feel more rigid, assuming. A lot of small things that look a lot better. You can tell they put a lot of effort into simplifying things. Hopefully they release a twin rail version. But honestly, I would give the alpha version a try first. From all reports the alpha setup works better in this chassis and the alpha traction is untouchable. The current twin rail setup will bolt right in, if they make a bad decision and not offer it. I'm sure all the hill climb racers are advocating for a twin rail option. From everything I'm hearing the bigger motor is impressive, power inline with the 9r. Hopefully they have that motor all figured out and setting up the supply chain now. I think it will be a big seller next year.

However, if snowchecks are restricted and pricing is anything close to the 9r/turbo prices, I'm out. Prices are stupid right now and I'm not paying $20K for a sled. There is nothing I don't like about my current sled. Slap some new pistons in it and letter eat for a few more years. Wait for the economy to go boom and get things back to reality. It's coming, not a matter of if, just when. Frankly, the sooner the better. Already starting to see signs of it in housing and automotive. Recreation vehicles will get hit hard, so hopefully they don't get cocky. See what next year brings!
We had epic snow. Toughest I've seen in years. 4 turbos and ate up most of the day just trying to get where we were going. Was like the old days of pounding on it run after run. Went 3 days in a row. Wanted to go but watched the live feed instead.
Hope it has the power of 9r. 9r is flat out awesome in the trees. Just rode my wife's 2 days in a row. The first day it would have been worthless. That is why they need a turbo. 2 to 3 feet it is awesome.
There is a cleansing coming. Not looking like this year at least for me.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
What we dont know is.

That is MSRP on the Doo vs the price the poster got from the dealer on the Cat.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
im sure the doo's pretty good. seems right youre paying a little extra for an all new 24 chassis vs. a 23 with a chaincase to me. also seems like msrp on websites gets marked up by dealers these days. hopefully that quits soon.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Doo snowcheck prices I got were around $1,000 under MSRP, thats with freight, setup, and commodity charges included.

Tax, title, license should just be left out of the equation when talking prices beings they vary, and some of us pay them at the stealer, and some of do not.

Premium Features