• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Catalyst Turbo!

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Looks like your jig is crooked. Just straighten up the joint instead of making excuses and getting defensive. Haha

FiveFingerMethPunch

Premium Member
Dec 17, 2018
Utah
Looks like your jig is crooked. Just straighten up the joint instead of making excuses and getting defensive. Haha

Dude, you are completely missing the ball here. Maybe you should look at the kit in person rather than looking at a picture so you have an actual idea of what is going on. There is nothing crooked about the kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Solid Turbos

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 19, 2018
UTAH

The flange is cut out of 1/4” plate steel and it floats freely on the surface it sits on. In this case it is sitting on a factory weld.

kanedog

Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Dude, you are completely missing the ball here. Maybe you should look at the kit in person rather than looking at a picture so you have an actual idea of what is going on. There is nothing crooked about the kit.

I did look at the whole kit. It’s beautiful. No sarcasm. Theres $1,000 in ceramic coating and thats why I’m shocked the exhaust isn’t perfect. Haha this my first Snowest internet fight of 2024. Haha

FiveFingerMethPunch

Premium Member
Dec 17, 2018
Utah
I did look at the whole kit. It’s beautiful. No sarcasm. Theres $1,000 in ceramic coating and thats why I’m shocked the exhaust isn’t perfect. Haha this my first Snowest internet fight of 2024. Haha

Hahaha well we can agree to disagree I suppose. Would love to chat about it sometime and go for a ride. Cheers mate

Solid Turbos

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 19, 2018
UTAH

Ha ha, not fighting with you brother. Just trying to explain what going on with the flange is all. No worries.

kanedog

Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Ha ha, not fighting with you brother. Just trying to explain what going on with the flange is all. No worries.

Yes, definitely don’t stress about my comments. It is the cleanest kit I’ve seen. A lotta thought, blood sweat tears went into the kit. I shoulda complimented first then went to flange shaming. Cheers brothas!

Last edited:

Solid Turbos

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 19, 2018
UTAH

0ea8faca0dad95e19a960c380f90b605.jpg

This is one without the pipe attached. The flange is free to articulate because no 2 welds on an OEM pipe are the same

PTSCummins

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 30, 2020
So

Yes, definitely don’t stress about my comments. It is the cleanest kit I’ve seen. A lotta thought, blood sweat tears went into the kit. I shoulda complimented first then went to flange shaming. Cheers brothas!
Just remember. The amount of production variation on tolerances on a finished Cat product is insane. We're talking inches in some cases. That same design was used on the ctec2 kits and some of them sat perfectly flush, some of them didn't. Doesn't really matter at the end of the day because that spring system does a hell of a lot better job clamping than the factory springs did.

Jay puts his heart and soul into ensuring people don't have problems with the manufacturing side of this kits. So much so that he's seeing fab issues from Cat that I'm not sure they even know about. The kicker is he's not doing any of this to build a company centered on profit. He's doing it because he wants to see a kit out there that's the best ride a user can get for their money.

PTSCummins

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 30, 2020
brutal, I can understand the disappointment and frustration, at the price point the kits are... i mean I'd be pissed. The kits 9k CAD, almost as much as I paid for my sled LOL! did your sled have a injector relocation kit? I know it seemed like all of them, silber,BD and so on initally turbo'd the 20+ as per usual to find out as far as i know that it was the cause of a bog/dead spot and now they sell the kits with injector relocation kits.
I had the very first injector relocate that was sent out to existing owners of the kit, and I mean the VERY FIRST. The injector pedestals were made of a 3d printed plastic that warped too much with fuel pressure. Rail blew the o-rings out about 25Km away from the main cabin in Allen Creek. We spent close to 2 hours trying to get it seated again before finally pulling all the panels we could and riding it out in the middle of near zero visibility, pissing fuel the whole way. It's a miracle it never lit up given the sled was burning fuel in the pipe all day due to poor tuning.

I pulled it apart and fixed their mistake at home and it didn't leak for as long as I kept riding it, but the design had the injectors upside down and that created issues that couldn't be tuned out.

I'll mention that through all this Ibexx was telling me they had the same kit on their sleds with no issues.

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
I had the very first injector relocate that was sent out to existing owners of the kit, and I mean the VERY FIRST. The injector pedestals were made of a 3d printed plastic that warped too much with fuel pressure. Rail blew the o-rings out about 25Km away from the main cabin in Allen Creek. We spent close to 2 hours trying to get it seated again before finally pulling all the panels we could and riding it out in the middle of near zero visibility, pissing fuel the whole way. It's a miracle it never lit up given the sled was burning fuel in the pipe all day due to poor tuning.

I pulled it apart and fixed their mistake at home and it didn't leak for as long as I kept riding it, but the design had the injectors upside down and that created issues that couldn't be tuned out.

I'll mention that through all this Ibexx was telling me they had the same kit on their sleds with no issues.
oh boy 3d printed plastic.... that doesn't sound good, i sware the pictures i seen it was aluminum... now?. Deff frustrating... especially the price of the kit, Did you ever get it running good or kind of moved on from the sled?

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
Yeah easy to blame something else indeed, Boondocker did that to me!, told them it was their POS box lol... it was. I'm not all "in" on the deets on all this solid-ibexx stuff lol. Just stuff here on the surface so to speak. I did find it interesting that solid has gone to bikeman for the tuner now as to ibexx, I thought Ibexx was the tuner and made the tune. and also made them seem to be agreat up and coming company with their tuner and the tuning,/clutching. it's a shame theres not a ton of videos/info on the solid Cat 800 kit but the ones I've seen but i get it due to price tag too. it seems to run as if it was factory. I have a 19 cat and I'll be putting somebody's kit on this winter that aint a silber or BD. the bikeman's in house tuning and feedback i've gotten from others were not the best and not overly thrilled about their tunes. I'd imagine solid and them are working together for a tune to work well. it really makes or breaks a kit as well much like so many have issues with the silber tunes and its a pretty mediocre result and still have to run a mix to up the octane.
Make one thing clear, Solid will be in control of all tuning aspects moving forward.
The gift of ibexx moonlighting behind Jay's back after putting them on the map with cat that caused the separation is a blessing.
I've never been so frustrated.
Bike man support is greatly appreciated!

As for the 18-19 jay had a kit running amazing with a bd box long before ibexx entered the picture.
But the 18-19 rips also with ibexx tuning.
I would use different clutching though for technical riding. (MDS)

Moving forward, the objective remains as always, build the best kit period!
Now solid is taking control over every aspect. I'll help with anything I can.

I have Jay's back 100%. He is that honest and forthright.

Jay has also created a one of a kind group chat for support that trumps any sport I've seen with crowd input and help from each other. Riders serving and giving to riders. Probably the most valuable asset of anything!!!

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

nytro41

Premium Member
Oct 11, 2008
Some where in the hills ID
Make one thing clear, Solid will be in control of all tuning aspects moving forward.
The gift of ibexx moonlighting behind Jay's back after putting them on the map with cat that caused the separation is a blessing.

As for the 18-19 jay had a kit running amazing with a bd box long before ibexx entered the picture.

Jay has also created a one of a kind group chat for support that trumps any sport I've seen with crowd input and help from each other. Riders serving and giving to riders. Probably the most valuable asset of anything!!!

Didnt ibexx have the very first kit ever produced by solid and arent they the ones that built the tune on the boondocker box before switching to the tuning they have now? at least thats what i was told when talking to solid about it 2 years ago.

nytro41

Premium Member
Oct 11, 2008
Some where in the hills ID

Thats frustrating for sure like octane said for the money that was paid. so I take the injector relocate kit wasnt built by solid? I thought they did all the hardware parts.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Didnt ibexx have the very first kit ever produced by solid and arent they the ones that built the tune on the boondocker box before switching to the tuning they have now? at least thats what i was told when talking to solid about it 2 years ago.
No, Jay had a kit built and running before ibexx came into the picture.
Solid put ibexx on the map.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Thats frustrating for sure like octane said for the money that was paid. so I take the injector relocate kit wasnt built by solid? I thought they did all the hardware parts.
I'm pretty sure ibexx was sending out bd relocate blocks with printed fuel rail that where junk.
Most of the guys went back to using they're factory fuel rail.
But even then some still had pretty bad thing issues.
A few guys reported back to me saying ibexx told them they just needed to learn to not ride like that..... wtf.
I stayed with sick injector location and raised the idle above 2000rpm to get around that issue and didn't have time or money to do much else. (Got divorced last year)

CISC0

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 3, 2010
PNW=WA

I'm also all in with Jay.... hands down best support and kit I've ever had and I've been running boost since the dobeck box day's. When Brad Story was building chute slayers. Not gonna bash Ibexx, but they did do Jay dirty. Not cool

CISC0

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 3, 2010
PNW=WA
I will add with SOLID there is 24/7 support. Comes from every guy on one, including Jay and crew.

Solid Turbos

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 19, 2018
UTAH
if the new 600 is 130hp it should be that or a hair more at elevation with a turbo. an 850 or 900 should be around 125 or so at 8 to 9k feet. lots of money and weight for a few hp

We stuck bigger injectors in the 600. You can run more boost in the smaller displacements. I am thinking more like 190HP.

Premium Features