• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone hearing about 2022 build delays?

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
i think the belt sensor made it's debut with the 2020.5 850 turbo and my 2020 Freeride doesn't have it. i thought the only sleds to get the belt sensor were the summit 850's and of those, just the turbos. maybe someone on here can clarify.
my 2022 turbo Freeride does have the sensor.
i also looked in the fiche but couldn't find any depiction of it or part number.

cubby

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
My riding buddy bought a 2021 sp850 end of last season and it has it and also has the 2 button gauge.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
i would imagine BRP is hurting big time also so they have to try and send it down the line
I would guess that all of the manufacturers are taking it in the pants this year. Especially Polaris, based on the bulletin that I saw yesterday. My neighbor just paid $16K for a 154 SP. It had $1200 in accessories, but DAMN. $500 added shipping fee. And tax. But.......

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
I cut the wrapper and checked. My Expert has the 2 button. Every Expert on the lot also does. Every FR, even the Turbos have the 1. I checked again, BRP has slated my 146 Freeride for the 2 button. We will see.

KMorgan

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 21, 2011
Anybody have snow to ride new machines in yet anyway? PNW is literally a hot mess - record highs last couple days. Weather forecast calls for winter to finally show up- Hope they are right for once....

KMorgan

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 21, 2011
Dealer also told me my expert is in, only waiting on DESS key. If reading this thread correctly, you saying I can get the sled with any key, but it won't have the anti-theft protection?

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Dealer also told me my expert is in, only waiting on DESS key. If reading this thread correctly, you saying I can get the sled with any key, but it won't have the anti-theft protection?
I am pretty sure that is what is going on. No. Wait. You are waiting on the POST, not the key. Little hint: Seadoo posts are the SAME part number. Grab one off of Ebay. I have two in the yard on skis for an emergency.

A
Sep 10, 2012
I am pretty sure that is what is going on. No. Wait. You are waiting on the POST, not the key. Little hint: Seadoo posts are the SAME part number. Grab one off of Ebay. I have two in the yard on skis for an emergency.

This is a great help. Thanks for the information.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AkSledHed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2009
Eagle River, Ak
My gauges are always covered with snow anyway. Does it really matter? Is a gauge going to make you a better rider?
Some of us like to monitor our engine/belt temps when we're riding so we can avoid having to be towed out plus there are other benefits to having a gauge. YMMV.

KMorgan

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 21, 2011
Good info - dealer said would only put on if from BRP for the sled. Said hasn't heard anything from BRP and so far majority of sleds they have are still waiting for parts. Somethings show up throughout the week randomly. One might think it could be tracked and communicated when the parts will arrive :unsure:. Frustrating for everyone to say the least. Just thankful I can still get groceries so far - and I kept my 20 Expert until the 22 is ready!

snow-doo

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 7, 2008
Atascadero Ca
Picked my 165 expert turbo up yesterday and it just had a regular DESSdummy,dealer said the Sea Doos all summer came the same way,doesn’t expect the encoded switches until next year sometime,had I think 7 if I. Counted right Lynx that all need parts,if they ship the correct DESS switch it will have to be taken to a dealer to get programming he claimed,I. Ask if they would notify the dealer you bought it from or to me and he said he didn’t know yet

cwbyup_22

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Park City, MT
i think the belt sensor made it's debut with the 2020.5 850 turbo and my 2020 Freeride doesn't have it. i thought the only sleds to get the belt sensor were the summit 850's and of those, just the turbos. maybe someone on here can clarify.
my 2022 turbo Freeride does have the sensor.
i also looked in the fiche but couldn't find any depiction of it or part number.

My wife's 2021 Summit X NA has the belt temp sensor, it is listed in the upper wiring group of the fiche, part # 515176366 .

I picked up my 22 Turbo Expert today! It has the 2 button gauge & my glovebox bag that I ordered this summer was in also!! It doesn't sound very likely that tether parts will be available this season from what I was told.

Screenshot_20211204-184832_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20211204-184910_Chrome.jpg

Premium Features