• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone hearing about 2022 build delays?

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
From what I’ve seen on the forums and at various dealerships, it’s just the experts.
my turbo freeride and buddies have the old gauge as well as all the non expert sleds I’ve seen in person.

Blu Du

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2008
Nisswa Mn.
my mach z and lynx are waiting for parts. my dealer just said again today they are receiving very few parts and have 75 plus sleds waiting for parts. at the rate they are coming in some wont hit the snow this winter

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Tater's 600 SP has been here for over three months, needs a gauge, they have a pile on the shelf.
My 146 Freeride came on the same truck as Tater's. It needs a gauge. NO gauges on the shelf.
My 165 Expert got here a couple weeks ago, complete. NOT the one I want to pick up first for early season road rides. :(

AkSledHed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2009
Eagle River, Ak
Tater's 600 SP has been here for over three months, needs a gauge, they have a pile on the shelf.
My 146 Freeride came on the same truck as Tater's. It needs a gauge. NO gauges on the shelf.
My 165 Expert got here a couple weeks ago, complete. NOT the one I want to pick up first for early season road rides. :(
My dealer told me that the biggest issue they are having right now is getting the 2 button gauge, it's all part of the chip shortage according to him and when they do get them in they won't be replacing them on the sleds that have the single button switch. I'm not a fan of getting something I didn't order but if you want to ride I guess we need to suck it up. All those sleds with the single button gauge won't have the belt temp option on it either, my wifes 600R didn't come with it.

cubby

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
What's the hold up if your dealer has a pile of gauges on the shelf?

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
My dealer told me that the biggest issue they are having right now is getting the 2 button gauge, it's all part of the chip shortage according to him and when they do get them in they won't be replacing them on the sleds that have the single button switch. I'm not a fan of getting something I didn't order but if you want to ride I guess we need to suck it up. All those sleds with the single button gauge won't have the belt temp option on it either, my wifes 600R didn't come with it.
the belt temp feature is shown in both the owner's manual and the supplemental manual that comes with the one button gauge.
i think the yellow 2020.5 turbo's were the first summits to have the belt temp warning and they came with the one button gauges so i don't know why this feature would be disabled on new sleds with that same equipment.

IMG-0046.jpg IMG-0045.jpg

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
So picking up my 146 FR and Tater's 146 SP Summit this week. My FR has no gauge. But my Expert 165 is here and complete. We gonna steal the gauge off the 165 for the FR, lol. Funny thing:
My FR is slated for the 2 button gauge, it is on the paperwork. Uses same gauge as Expert. UNLESS I got the 1 button on my Expert. He checked twice, same part number for both sleds. Every FR here has the 1 button. Only thing I can think is that because mine has been here for 3 months, it was slated for the 2 button back then. All of the one button Freerides arrived recently.
The fiche on the Doo site says that all three are supposed to have 2 button. I guess I feel pretty lucky that 2 out of three will.
Maybe 2 out of three hundred dolla bills that I give to Skidoo will be actual hundies and not fifties?

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
I think all FR’s were slated for the two button gauges but aren’t getting them.
I’ve seen about a dozen in person and they all have the one button including mine and a buddy’s.
Hope yours is different but I’d be surprised if you get the 2 button.

laneends

Lifetime Membership
Sep 23, 2016
Washington
Tuning in late to this thread, but it pretty much sounds like I picked the wrong year to order my first brand new machine. Excitement for my new freeride 165 turbo is waning... Good thing I still have my 2013 freeride.

D
Oct 18, 2019
e46a9fac52c2794113b871f230e3b0ed.jpg

Sat for probably 6 weeks waiting on the gauge… it’s complete!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blu Du

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2008
Nisswa Mn.
And They are not. The interest is paid on complete sleds, if a sled is at a dealer waiting on a gauge. No interest is charged.
are you a dealer and know this to be the truth? or do you not know the truth and just commenting with common sense?

S
Mar 12, 2008
Hermiston OR
Picked up freeride. One button gauge has been on all the fr sold at my dealer. Only sleds with 2 button was expert. Had prob 7 sitting complete with gauge waiting pickup.

Did ask and they are going to follow up. Just glad to have my sled. It is what it is ……won’t make any difference in my lack of rider talent. If ur looking at gauge unless its squawking at u or ur stopped to chat ur doing it wrong.

“Cool **** ain’t cheap….cheap **** ain’t cool”.

My 2 Pennys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AkSledHed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2009
Eagle River, Ak
the belt temp feature is shown in both the owner's manual and the supplemental manual that comes with the one button gauge.
i think the yellow 2020.5 turbo's were the first summits to have the belt temp warning and they came with the one button gauges so i don't know why this feature would be disabled on new sleds with that same equipment.
I haven't had the chance to look at the gauge manual for my wife's sled but I know it doesn't have the belt temp sensor on it, I would have thought that all the newer (2020+) sleds would have it. You wouldn't happen to know the part number for that sensor would you, I could not find it in the fiche.

Premium Features