• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone hearing about 2022 build delays?

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com
Unfortunately Christopher is all too correct on the status of global trade at the moment.

I work for a company that is very much in the middle of the global trade fiasco that is currently going on. Container shipments are so delayed that we are left scratching our heads every morning. Shipment times are not double of normal, as double only gets you in line outside of port of la where they easily have half a million containers to unload. The thing people don’t thing about is that they don’t need to just unload half a million containers, but load half a million also as in many countries there are container shortages at the moment. Port of La moved 1.8 million containers last year, and they have a back log of half a million to unload and half a million to reload. That’s 6 months if nothing else gets added to the mix.

I have a turbo on order right now, actually just bought a used sled purely as a backup as my gut is telling me my new sled is going to be delayed pretty bad. I 100% won’t be pissed at doo, I can only imagine they are working as hard as my company is to move goods. I’ll just be happy if I get on a new machine before February. After that I’ll be bummed, but not pissed…

Word of the wise, if you have a sled right now with a new one on order, absolutely don’t sell it till you have a new running machine in your garage. Maybe add parts to that too, as there will be shortages and if something breaks you might not be able to fix it. **** I bought a whole second sled!!!
As from the start of hearing about this chip shortage, none of my sleds went for sale till my new one arrives ( 2022 Summit X 850 non turbo) and parts show , and can pick-up complete.

I still have my 14' Xm Summit and 16' Axys rmk.
One will go up for sale when I take delivery of my Snowcheck

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

KMorgan

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 21, 2011
UPDATE ON DELIVERIES.

I made a discreet enquiry. ;)

Snowchecked 2022 Turbos should be arriving at dealers during the month of November.
(Some may even see them this month)

I stand by my earlier estimate that we should have our sleds by Thanksgiving.:)
Are you SURE about this??

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
I would really hope that Doo is being very very (negative?) about dates, to surprise people and not come up short, but November to February is a long long time........

A
Oct 8, 2021
Fairbanks, AK
I was told late December ywesturday. Just got back from a 12 month tour and sold my last machine prior to deployment. Thought I was finally being smart:unsure: . Ordered my new trailer last year and pulled it up from Washington in May on my mid-tour. I thought I was being proactive with everything considering the COVID delays.

Dealer told me December, which actually means March by Alaska time:D. He graciously (sarcasm) informed me I could cancel my order or push it to 2023. Super neat. But, it’s a first world problem, happy to be home from that **** hole, new machine or not.

Turbo Thompson

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2021
On top of the mountain
I was told late December ywesturday. Just got back from a 12 month tour and sold my last machine prior to deployment. Thought I was finally being smart:unsure: . Ordered my new trailer last year and pulled it up from Washington in May on my mid-tour. I thought I was being proactive with everything considering the COVID delays.

Dealer told me December, which actually means March by Alaska time:D. He graciously (sarcasm) informed me I could cancel my order or push it to 2023. Super neat. But, it’s a first world problem, happy to be home from that **** hole, new machine or not.
Thank your your service.

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com
That sucks. I am pretty sure from what I have heard that Doo is welcoming cancellations and transfers to 2023. But: Will it be better or worse next year? Hoard your sleds my friends. Until you have replacements.
That's why I'm not backing out of my Snowcheck, we all might possibly be in same boat next season things econ omy and all ships off shore L.A that can't unload almost 600 shipping containers, etc.. doesn't improve.

Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
British Columbia
That's why I'm not backing out of my Snowcheck, we all might possibly be in same boat next season things econ omy and all ships off shore L.A that can't unload almost 600 shipping containers, etc.. doesn't improve.

I’ve been back and forth about keep my 2022 even if it shows up really late. I think it’s a smart move to take delivery as 2023 will most likely be worse for availability.

Trashy

⚙️
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2003
Sherwood Park, Ab, Canada
I am only making one prediction….

that I wont be making any predictions. It’s so hard to foresee what is coming even in normal times.

Get out there and ride, even if it’s on last years worn out turd of a sled. Sure beats being at work.

A
Oct 8, 2021
Fairbanks, AK
Yep- I’m for sure keeping my order. I got the distinct feeling that they wanted me to cancel my order. I’m sure they would make a premium over the agreed upon price when it shows up.

I’m patient…and I agree, 2023 will likely be no better.

I guess now I’m just worried about the display. I’ve read and heard rumors that they’re shipping with the old digital screen.

I specifically decided to upgrade this model year for the newest and greatest ?.

Again, 1st world problems.

Used market is rough too. I took a peek thinking maybe I’ll buy a stop gap. Tell the wife I “found” it?.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Dealer network is gonna be even shorter on sleds than they planned - and a cancelled order will only help dealers out, at a likely higher margin, as you suspect, and increase in the door traffic. I wouldn't cancel outside of a financial or unable to ride situation. Used sled market is very likely to be strong again next year, too - likely a better bet than bitcoin. Worst case, ride for a season then flip for the G5. It's closer to upside down from what it used to be, new rules.

snow-doo

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 7, 2008
Atascadero Ca
I don't think those of us in California,Commiefornia will care after 2024 if what they published, today that Newsom will not let any small gas engines be sold after that date.This is beyond reason.Beware crazy times coming to a state near you :mad:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Are you SURE about this??
Am I SURE, no, of course not.
Won't be SURE about it till I get the call to go and pick up my own Turbo just like everyone else.
But I am reasonably confident sleds will be in delivery over the course of November.

That is of course BARING any other freaking worldwide Catastrophe....:eek::eek:

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Am I SURE, no, of course not.
Won't be SURE about it till I get the call to go and pick up my own Turbo just like everyone else.
But I am reasonably confident sleds will be in delivery over the course of November.

That is of course BARING any other freaking worldwide Catastrophe....:eek::eek:
Oh, there will be. 600 ships will sink overnight from natural causes. #wescrewed

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
Calm down everyone. Think of what your dealers are going through, and other manufacturers.
Sleds are going to trickle in right to February in some extreme cases, those are shorter tunnel sleds. The flat landers will suffer the greatest delay, so I’ve heard.
If your financial situation allows, I would hold on to your snow checks.

Early season riding means a potential to smash a sled, yah don’t want to be waiting on those parts if they are on back order, I will be avoiding the urge to go on my first ride a lot later than normal. Strange times out there.
Stay positive everyone.

cwbyup_22

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Park City, MT
I’ve been back and forth about keep my 2022 even if it shows up really late. I think it’s a smart move to take delivery as 2023 will most likely be worse for availability.

100% agree, I am absolutely keeping mine even if it shows up super late. I am a tech at a Cat dealer and they are telling us parts availability is going to get WORSE through at least the 2nd quarter of 22, I can't imagine the powersports Industry is going to be much better.

AkSledHed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2009
Eagle River, Ak
I stopped by my dealership yesterday and talked to a salesman, he informed me that my wife's sled was there waiting on a gauge which has been shipped and on it's way so she is a happy camper. I also overheard the salesman talking to a couple that had come into the store wanting to buy a 2 up sled and he told them that they are sold out for the year and they could put their name on a waiting list. There was a used sled on the floor, it was a 2020 Summit X w/Expert package 165 with over 1k miles on it and they were asking $14,500 for it,

Premium Features