• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2023 Summit X Expert Observations After First Day Home

A
Jan 4, 2015
Canada
I rode a 165 saturday and purposly put myself in a ugly steep spot and just too much wheelie for my style, man I sure wish they offered a lock out for the rear shock from the bars for them ugly spots!!
Just swap out to stiffer rear torsion springs. Make a way better difference that playing with the rear shocks. There are several one availables.

This is an old chart, but you can choose the rate you want, go down all the way:

F
Oct 2, 2011
sask
Another observation here with coolant flow in the tunnel. Will this new pattern cool quicker because it has less turns?
Pic 1 g4 165
Pic 2 g5 165
View attachment 395910View attachment 395911

I would think the cooling would be more efficient with less turns. How much more efficient? I have no idea. Hopefully it helps on those icy trail days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
the more turns then the more surface area to shed heat so i'm curious to see how well they cool plus the amount of coolant has decreased from the G4's.

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
I think it was the technical vid that brp released where they mentioned the smaller coolant volume. the new tunnel also has thinner metal.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
I'm impressed with the 2023 Expert's running boards. They do a great job of not holding snow.

C
Apr 27, 2023
Moldova
You're wrong.

For 2023, per page 179 in the owner's manual, it's in the 4/6 setting, not 1/5 from the factory. Also, there's no way the adjustable limiter could move from 1 to 5 given its mechanical limitations.

I checked mine (2023 Summit Expert) and sure enough it is set at the 4/6 setting from the factory.

From the owner's manual:

Quick Adjust Stopper Strap System
On models equipped with an adjustable stopper strap, the lever posi- tion can be changed at any time. The crank mechanism will switch po- sition when tension on strap is released, i. e. when front portion of suspension is slightly compressed.
PRECISION+ to AGILE
From factory, the adjustable stopper strap is set in the way where the "AGILE" position = setting #4 on regular stopper strap. The "PRECI- SION+" position = setting #6 on the regular stopper strap.
The adjustable stopper strap length setting can be adjust by changing the bolts to the long position holes. Refer to the following illustration. Then, the "AGILE" position will = setting #2 and the "PRECISION+" position = setting #4.
In fact, it is set in the 1/5 position from the factory.

Furthermore, you mentioned that the adjustable limiter could not move from 1 to 5 due to its mechanical limitations, but that is incorrect?. The lever position can be changed at any time by releasing the tension on the strap and allowing the crank mechanism to switch positions.?

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
In fact, it is set in the 1/5 position from the factory.

Furthermore, you mentioned that the adjustable limiter could not move from 1 to 5 due to its mechanical limitations, but that is incorrect?. The lever position can be changed at any time by releasing the tension on the strap and allowing the crank mechanism to switch positions.?

Sorry, I disagree.

Three new Summits and all were on 4/6 as stated by Doo in its owners manual.

I never said you could not adjust it. What I said is that you cannot have it set on 1/5 because the mechanism will not allow that much of a range. Tried it.

Last edited:
D

Daner1978

Nov 26, 2022
Cottonwood Heights Utah
Just swap out to stiffer rear torsion springs. Make a way better difference that playing with the rear shocks. There are several one availables.

This is an old chart, but you can choose the rate you want, go down all the way:
How about get rid of the torsion springs all together. I put the Tom’s torsion spring delete on my 2022 Freeride 154” w/ Fox QS3 Evols! The BEST mod you can do to a Skidoo Summit…by far, hands down! Try it….you will never ride another Skidoo with those stupid outdated torsion springs!

D
Dec 22, 2018
How about get rid of the torsion springs all together. I put the Tom’s torsion spring delete on my 2022 Freeride 154” w/ Fox QS3 Evols! The BEST mod you can do to a Skidoo Summit…by far, hands down! Try it….you will never ride another Skidoo with those stupid outdated torsion springs!
All the race sleds with latest tech have torsion springs. How is this possible?!

D

Daner1978

Nov 26, 2022
Cottonwood Heights Utah
All the race sleds with latest tech have torsion springs. How is this possible?!
Exactly….race sleds. I’m talking Mountain sleds! If you don’t believe me….google Tom’s emotion delete kit.
Because some just don’t know, A good shock tuner can make the factory KYB’s superior to the aftermarket name brands.
That’s some funny **** dude! You go ahead and keep thinking that

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
Exactly….race sleds. I’m talking Mountain sleds! If you don’t believe me….google Tom’s emotion delete kit.

That’s some funny **** dude! You go ahead and keep thinking that

Not even interested, I had a similar setup in my 09 mod. Never again.
There is Way more adjustment in a torsion spring suspension.
I’ve been having my KYB suspension redone by the guy who sets up the doo race sleds since 2016, very cool technology.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Premium Features