• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2023 Summit X Expert Observations After First Day Home

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Got my 2023 Summit X Expert with the 10.25 screen home today. Here are some observations for those getting one:

Fit and finish is excellent. When I picked up my sled today, my buddy also picked up his new Poo Matryx Slash. The Poo has some nice features, but fit and finish still lags behind Doo.

Storage: Stock storage sucks. First, you can no longer put goggles in the side panel like on the G4s. So, no easy place to dry out goggles anymore.
As for the glove box, it's not user friendly. It's weirdly shaped. Most importantly though, if you have the 10.25 screen, you cannot put much in there, including goggles, unless you remove the heated phone bag. I removed the heated phone bag and now can get a pair of goggles in the glove box, and not much else.

Coolant level: Mine was low, so check yours.

Linq brackets on tunnel: Mine were a bit loose, check yours.

Post forward kit: Bolted on - no issues.

Kill switch: Doo redesigned it. The red button on top is thinner, but the whole switch is a bit taller, so now my TKI kill switch protector doesn't work.

10.25 Screen: Mixed bag here. It is smaller than you'd think because there is a lot unused space at the bottom. Fairly responsive and usually worked at the first touch. Nice to have a clock on the screen. Pretty legible and bright. Really seems like a Beta version of a gauge, meaning it doesn't offer much. I like it, but not really worth the premium for it.

Doo 10.25 screen protector: It's plastic, not tempered glass. So-so quality but better than nothing.

LED headlights: They are bright. Still like the Lynx 3-headlight setup better though as far as looks.

Track: Looks a lot different from the G4 track. Doesn't appear that the lugs will fold over as much, we'll see. Lugs go all the way to the sides of the track now too.

Access: My buddy took all his panels off his Poo like nothing. As for the Doo, side panels come off okay, but the hood is still a pain.

10.25 screen battery: It's pretty small. Mine was dead and it needed several hours on my charger at home to bring it up to 100%.

Battery cover/spare belt holder: The belt goes in fine, but it takes a little finesse to get the battery cover back on with the belt inside.

New brake lever: The adjustability is nice - so far works for me.

Narrowness: Whole sled does seem a lot narrower. I really notices it when standing on the running boards with my size 13 Klim boots, they now hang over a bit.

Skis: I run mine centered, so mine are in the 35 inch wide setting. Still seems plenty narrow. Next to my buddy's Poo today, the new DS4 skis seem more like the Polaris Grippers now.

Last edited:

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
How about the rear suspension sag?
I have only set up the front suspension so far, not the rear.

I was under it today looking at the new setup for the adjustable limiter strap. Different from the G4s.

ryanjeri

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
ID
How about the rear suspension sag?
We have two of the new ones at home so far, and the answer is

YES.

We turned started at 0 and went all the way around on each spring adjustment and then checked the sag, All settings on the rear spring resulted in sag of about the same amount.

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
We have two of the new ones at home so far, and the answer is

YES.

We turned started at 0 and went all the way around on each spring adjustment and then checked the sag, All settings on the rear spring resulted in sag of about the same amount.

Try dialing in the rear shock clicker. I think it’s due to rear shock valving.

I don’t have my sled yet, but the first G5 I seen had xp type of sag. I will be getting my shocks revalved again, I was hoping this new suspension would be better, but that’s a lot of sag on a shop floor.

T
Oct 10, 2001
Spokane WA
I tried putting the limiter strap in the long setting and dropping the rear of the sled a few times on the shop floor. It's really no better. This has me scratching my head??? My 2020 Expert had several clickers on the rear shock, my new sled has 3 settings? Is that normal now?

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
I looked for the P/N of the screen protector, I know someone posted it but for the life of me I cannot remember what thread it’s in.
Can someone provide it please?

Premium Features