• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

First Ride Review: 2024 165/3 850 Turbo-R Summit-X (NON-Expert)

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
thanks for the replies thus far. had a scenario last season where I was barely in control as per the norm and had to make a quick decision to avoid a tree that clearly wasn’t there before. had no choice but to turn right and up a brief but steep and deep incline that was essentially convex. i remember wondering where the fellas were because I was going go to need help with the inevitable deep trench stuck. instead, a little more throttle and the sled just climbed out with some slight sidehilling with authority. ‘twas my second time on the G5 and the first real introduction to the improvement.

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
I would avoid setting up the bluetooth to the gauge. Every time the sled starts the music app automatically starts to play, even with the phone plugged in and charging, it will not keep up with the battery drain of the music player. If you have helmet speakers than thats a different story, but thats my experience with the gauge. If you have a tough time with the cord connecting to the app, try a different cord.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I would avoid setting up the bluetooth to the gauge. Every time the sled starts the music app automatically starts to play, even with the phone plugged in and charging, it will not keep up with the battery drain of the music player. If you have helmet speakers than thats a different story, but thats my experience with the gauge. If you have a tough time with the cord connecting to the app, try a different cord.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Now thats a THOUGHT worth considering!!
Might be worth ordering a new certified CABLE just for the sled.
I wonder if 12 inches is enough?

D

Daner1978

Nov 26, 2022
Cottonwood Heights Utah
Wrote the check for a 2nd one today!
And turned in a short order for a few accessories as well.
a3d1ea7f8706dbe178b2187330cefa31.jpg

446a233885e2194055b437e0be9b1122.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All that money and Skidoo can’t even put a brake reservoir protector on it……..F’n ridiculous!!🫣

D

Daner1978

Nov 26, 2022
Cottonwood Heights Utah
what struck me and everyone i rode with last year is that its tough to get it stuck. like you guys said it just pops up on the snow and goes. i believe its the instant track speed from the extra HP. i cant wait to ride my 154 lynx. i havent been on anything shorter than a 163 for 20 years and i have already named it Party Mode
From all the reviews I’ve seen…..the Lynx is a heavy trenching pig of a sled. Everyone I know that had one last year got rid of it for this year. I hope your experience with it is more positive than the guy’s I know. 🤞🤓

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
wonder what the lynx sled sales are compared to doo's as in were enough sold to justify selling them here. now that they have been here a few seasons, have any owners switched back to doo in significant numbers?

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
From all the reviews I’ve seen…..the Lynx is a heavy trenching pig of a sled. Everyone I know that had one last year got rid of it for this year. I hope your experience with it is more positive than the guy’s I know. 🤞🤓
You shouldn't say this stuff out loud. People don't like to hear that after spending a half a fortune. The 2 coolest things about them are the ride and the motor. I sold mine to a buddy and i warned him before he wrote the check. He was coming off a mountain max and a turbo nytro so guessing he will be in love.

M7sleddn

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2007
Twin Falls, Id
I have a 22 Lynx DS and will be picking up a 24 DS. I did not get the RE because of the weight. I sold my freeride for the DS. I like the rear suspension so much more than the ski doo I do not care that it is heavier than the freeride.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I have a 22 Lynx DS and will be picking up a 24 DS. I did not get the RE because of the weight. I sold my freeride for the DS. I like the rear suspension so much more than the ski doo I do not care that it is heavier than the freeride.
Given the amazing sleds that are now on the market, RIDE THE SLED THE FEELS BEST TO YOU.

D
Dec 22, 2018

The mistake people made is that many bought the RE when they should have gone with DS. And Lynx should have the same 16" track that Expert has as its heavier and needs more flotation.

Premium Features