• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Why does it take 5 years to realize the last 5 years of your life is over with?

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I was Bullshatting with a couple of co-workers about David Lee Roth being back with Van Halen.
Had the whole who is the best lead singer....Hagar - Roth discussion.
They weren't born yet when Roth was their lead singer!

LMFAO.

tdblakes

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
I must not be old enough to think this way...

I can't help but think with an attitude bumming where the last 5 years of your life went, it'll make the next 5 years even faster and bum you out even more.

Take each day for what its worth. Wake up smiling and go to sleep smiling, tomorrow may never come.

relax :face-icon-small-coo

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
I was Bullshatting with a couple of co-workers about David Lee Roth being back with Van Halen.
Had the whole who is the best lead singer....Hagar - Roth discussion.
They weren't born yet when Roth was their lead singer!

LOL. And were they surprised when you also informed them that Ozzy was the lead in Black Sabbath and not just a solo artist?!! Gotta love the young folk.

Z

Zachcreek

Oct 18, 2008
Buena Vista Colorado
I am happy with the fact that I didn't waste any of that time.

I have been with my wife since 1989...yep almost 23 years...married for most of them. I have helped make two new people in the last 6 years...adding to my first for a collection of three.

Sharing the last half decade with them has been amazing.

Plus I picked up sledding in that time and get to do it with great friends exploring the most beautiful terrain. On some of the best sleds ever to hit the market no less.

I think life is what you make of it. You walk around looking down kicking the dirt focusing on stuff out of your control...its going to suck. Hold you head up high....look around...enjoy the view....take advantage of the opportunities put in front of you.....it will be an awesome ride.

Nailed it on the head Diz.....I am 54 and still having fun and act like a kid. Its the attitude you bring on your life. My Mom still asks me if I am afraid of dying.....nope Mom, afraid of not living....(ps: just don't trust a fart at my age)....:face-icon-small-coo

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
Nailed it on the head Diz.....I am 54 and still having fun and act like a kid. Its the attitude you bring on your life. My Mom still asks me if I am afraid of dying.....nope Mom, afraid of not living....(ps: just don't trust a fart at my age)....:face-icon-small-coo

True. Generally leave a mark, don't they?

X

X2Freeride

Jan 25, 2009
The past gone, and its not coming back... Funny part about it is most people remember it to be much better than it actually was. Thats just the human condition to only remember the good things. That being said, the thing you need to remember about life is you cant control the past so its not worth your time thinking about or worrying about. Life is about the present its about living, growing, learning, and doing.
When you wake up grab each day by the straps and make the most of what you can with it.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
Threre are some benefits that go along with throwing away calendars.
Common sense
Experience

Ability to process consequences & control the stupid urges to name a few!

mold

Lifetime Membership
Nov 17, 2009
Lead, SD & Idaho Falls, ID
Embrace these thoughts for I am here to tell you that the time will come when you will have difficulty remembering what happened last week much less 5 to 10 years ago.

Premium Features