• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New brake coming

mt.sledder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Saskatchewan
Here comes the old liquid cooled brake caliber from the 90’s. I doubt even that can stop the brakes from overheating when you’re deliberately going hard on the brakes while under throttle. Remember Keith Curtis at Jackson last year. The first move once he made at the top was to pull open the side panel and throw snow on the brake caliper and rotor before his Quickdrive belt either melted or started on fire. Polaris this extreme aggressive riding style never just popped up in the couple days of riding that occurred this fall. The issue caused by intentional misuse of the brakes has been going on for a couple years now. If I ride the brakes on my truck with the gas pedal mashed they will start fire too. If you intended on doing something about it it should have happened in the spring so parts could be sourced and built over summer. I’m ok with you wanting to do something in the name of safety, what I’m not ok with is you Polaris sitting on your hands all summer and now come riding season shutting us down once again. Did someone in the room just wake up and blurt out “holy **** was I supposed to address this brake abuse issue, I thought you had it handled, I need more time, what if someone rides like Keith did at Jackson? Let’s shut everybody down until I have a chance to figure it out!!!”” Polaris this is a prime example of not caring about your customers. Your now the face of a born ****ing loser. Time for a clean sweep of the entire management team!!!

D9A405BC-97DF-4EF5-952D-05B70D546E8F.png 82DD2B66-458F-447E-AFC2-9D4095383E60.png 65F6B290-F077-418C-82EF-F8C16EB50632.png

S
Dec 16, 2011
Eastern Washingtom
Yep should have been addressed and fixed before it even got to consumers. At a bare minimum all test riders should be fired. First when the new series 8 track came out and would ratchet within the first couple days of moderate mountain riding. Then the fuel pump that would whine for most within the first couple days. Now overheating brakes. I think all their test riders are sitting in the trailer all day drinking beer. I don’t think Burandt and the likes can even guide until this is resolved unless they locate a bunch of Axys models.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Not sure why the victim hood card is being played by those who walk on water? Your resident forum experts were incessant that this sled was nothing but a boat anchor in December/January. Turns out they were right. They told us that a TCCS Axys was better before Production models were even built. You should have listened to these experts.

Let’s be realistic. Considering most of the ‘22 boat anchors didn’t ship until Feb/March ‘22, it’s not a surprise that Polaris didn’t have the facts and data to back the decision of a recall last winter. Investigations for fires and RCCA that lead to recalls includes our woke federal government. And they sure move quickly. Especially considering duplicating the conditions to cause this issue when there’s no snow to test during summer months.

Polaris has been the leader of pushing engineering limits of light weight, incredible handling sleds. Why? Because it’s what we ask for. Polaris knows once a few lawyers get involved, things go to **** Recall is the right move in this inverted world.

Curb your emotion and think rationally. If this is really ruining your lives, then go buy a Doo and ride FFS.

Btw, it might help to read this article and watch the video. The Simpson episode shows us some reality in Polaris’ Shareholder value world.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Not sure why the victim hood card is being played by those who walk on water? Your resident forum experts were incessant that this sled was nothing but a boat anchor in December/January. Turns out they were right. They told us that a TCCS Axys was better before Production models were even built. You should have listened to these experts.

Let’s be realistic. Considering most of the ‘22 boat anchors didn’t ship until Feb/March ‘22, it’s not a surprise that Polaris didn’t have the facts and data to back the decision of a recall last winter. Investigations for fires and RCCA that lead to recalls includes our woke federal government. And they sure move quickly. Especially considering duplicating the conditions to cause this issue when there’s no snow to test during summer months.

Polaris has been the leader of pushing engineering limits of light weight, incredible handling sleds. Why? Because it’s what we ask for. Polaris knows once a few lawyers get involved, things go to **** Recall is the right move in this inverted world.

Curb your emotion and think rationally. If this is really ruining your lives, then go buy a Doo and ride FFS.

Btw, it might help to read this article and watch the video. The Simpson episode shows us some reality in Polaris’ Shareholder value world.

Think rationally? Few lawyers?? Woke government???

The reality is that designs don't always work, manufacturers make mistakes, and not all components work all the time.

Recalls make sense because no consumer should bear the cost of a mistake by a manufacturer. If you or a friend or a relative end up hurt or dead because of it, you will scream at the "woke government" for not doing more and hire a "few lawyers" to sue.

carbontj

Premium Member
Aug 21, 2012
indianapolis
They need to switch to carbon fiber/ceramic brakes and then you can ride the brakes forever and they won't catch on fire ?View attachment 396488
not possible on a snowmobile. I made carbon brakes and pads many years ago...failed....the carbon brakes rotors need HEAT to work, like 1200 degrees... this means that the rotor hub if alum will weld itself to the shaft will weld itself to the shaft.....the brake carbon dusts is incredible the amount...not a option...what brake fluid is being used? they make a HIGH temp fluid...

T
Oct 16, 2017

The reality is that designs don't always work, manufacturers make mistakes, and not all components work all the time.

Recalls make sense because no consumer should bear the cost of a mistake by a manufacturer. If you or a friend or a relative end up hurt or dead because of it, you will scream at the "woke government" for not doing more and hire a "few lawyers" to sue.
Every new part on the matryx aside from the cooling system and the plastics has caused a recall or stop ride. How is this acceptable?

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
not possible on a snowmobile. I made carbon brakes and pads many years ago...failed....the carbon brakes rotors need HEAT to work, like 1200 degrees... this means that the rotor hub if alum will weld itself to the shaft will weld itself to the shaft.....the brake carbon dusts is incredible the amount...not a option...what brake fluid is being used? they make a HIGH temp fluid...
I was trying be funny. ?

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Every new part on the matryx aside from the cooling system and the plastics has caused a recall or stop ride. How is this acceptable?
I hear you.

I am not saying it is acceptable at all. My point is that some riders complain about recalls/service bulletins when mistakes are discovered.

S
Dec 16, 2011
Eastern Washingtom
We could all be understanding of an occasional recall mistakes happen but I’m currently riding a sled that’s less than a year old with 5 active recalls.
Thats not acceptable something is broken at Polaris. No other company that I’m aware of has this many problems with their product. Look at the amount of recalls on their utvs compared to the competitors.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Yep should have been addressed and fixed before it even got to consumers. At a bare minimum all test riders should be fired. First when the new series 8 track came out and would ratchet within the first couple days of moderate mountain riding. Then the fuel pump that would whine for most within the first couple days. Now overheating brakes. I think all their test riders are sitting in the trailer all day drinking beer. I don’t think Burandt and the likes can even guide until this is resolved unless they locate a bunch of Axys models.

We could all be understanding of an occasional recall mistakes happen but I’m currently riding a sled that’s less than a year old with 5 active recalls.
Thats not acceptable something is broken at Polaris. No other company that I’m aware of has this many problems with their product. Look at the amount of recalls on their utvs compared to the competitors.

Dang Karen! Did polaris rape your sister or what?

Get over yourself.

Tons of recalls aren’t new at Polaris.

Lots of miles put on by burandt and co without 8itching as much as you.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Burandt and Co can't b***h about it if they want their flow of sleds and parts to continue.

Those of us still riding Cats are criticized as being blindly loyal, but there's easily as many or more blindfolds in the Polaris camp.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.

Thank you. I think we are mostly in agreement. The issue of “design” is what I was also trying to say but I must have deleted this portion of my text. Chilly would tell you it’s my flashbacks. He’s always right.

Polaris is pushing the envelope and missed. It happens. If they don’t push the envelope, then it’s an Arctic Cat or worse.

I should vet proofreading of my posts with Chilly?

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Thank you. I think we are mostly in agreement. The issue of “design” is what I was also trying to say but I must have deleted this portion of my text. Chilly would tell you it’s my flashbacks. He’s always right.

Polaris is pushing the envelope and missed. It happens. If they don’t push the envelope, then it’s an Arctic Cat or worse.

I should vet proofreading of my posts with Chilly?

We all needs lots of snow and no more recalls!

Premium Features