• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Why does it take 5 years to realize the last 5 years of your life is over with?

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
Its slowly sinking in that the last 5-6 years of my life are over with and they're never coming back.

This was sort of the same feeling I had when the last 5-6 years of my life started about the previous 5-6 years.

So now I'm sitting here wondering WTF I'm gonna be thinking in 5-6 more years about the 5-6 years I'm just now starting.

I wish one of those smart physicists would slow time down for me.

Heh :)

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
The thing I keep thinking about as time goes by is that you find yourself thinking more and more about experiences 5 years ago, or 10 years ago, or 15 years ago and so on... but only 10 years ago I simply couldn't say to someone; "Hey, you remember 15 years ago when...........":clock:

polaris dude

Lifetime Membership
Jun 5, 2009
Grand Junction, CO
It certainly does put things into perspective doesn't it? I've learned not to sweat the small stuff and to focus on the important things in life. People tell me I focus too hard on school and I need to party cuz its the only time in my life to do it and they say I'll regret not doing some crazy stuff and having it to look back on. I always say, no thanks I partied plenty in highschool and I'd much rather drink in moderation, stay with my girlfriend, and have a successful professional career; than look back in 20 years when I need a new liver, have some sort of gross std(which makes a new liver impossible), and be asking "do you want fries with that?" the rest of my life.

Mjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Jan 19, 2008
Ogden, Utah
My advice, spend less time thinking and more time riding, it's winter and the snow (at least here) is finally coming!!!!! What else matters?

Minten

Lifetime Membership
Nov 6, 2010
Bozeman, Montana
You only life once. Just have fun. You'll probably regret it the next day but you gotta give and go. You guys are old. And D*MN slash. 15 years? That's only how old I am...

:bolt:

M
Nov 28, 2007
or
everyday your shorter of breath and one day closer to death. i lived VERY hard and fast when i was in my late teens/20's and wasn't sure if i'd make 30. now i'm 45 and love every minute of it!!! i've been married to my wife who i love very much for almost 22 years and have 3 kids and will have 6 grandkids here next month. everyday i have now is like a bonus i once thought i'd never have. getting older for some may seem hard but for me its been the best time of my life...

stum1967

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Central North Dakota
The best part of getting old is when you can use the excuse: " I really don't want to go to the mountains to ride snowmobile, but the kid really has his heart set on it, and what type of parent would I be if I denied him of that?"

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
Huh , That Sucks! Im getting better with age and Now I have $$ . It does require more asprin these days however.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
You only life once. Just have fun. You'll probably regret it the next day but you gotta give and go. You guys are old. And D*MN slash. 15 years? That's only how old I am...

:bolt:

Minty, this summer, my wife and I will have our 15th anniversary. LOL I've been with her since 1994....and I'm still just a young pup.

When you hit your late 30's the clock spins like an F-EN fan!
holy crap...

No kidding. I hit the 4-0 this summer....I can't believe how long it's been since y2k kicked our azz way back when. Wasn't that the year of the "dot com" superbowl? LOL

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
I am happy with the fact that I didn't waste any of that time.

I have been with my wife since 1989...yep almost 23 years...married for most of them. I have helped make two new people in the last 6 years...adding to my first for a collection of three.

Sharing the last half decade with them has been amazing.

Plus I picked up sledding in that time and get to do it with great friends exploring the most beautiful terrain. On some of the best sleds ever to hit the market no less.

I think life is what you make of it. You walk around looking down kicking the dirt focusing on stuff out of your control...its going to suck. Hold you head up high....look around...enjoy the view....take advantage of the opportunities put in front of you.....it will be an awesome ride.

Last edited:

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
I am happy with the fact that I didn't waste any of that time.

I have been with my wife since 1989...yep almost 23 years...married for most of them. I have helped make two new people in the last 6 years...adding to my first for a collection of three.

Sharing the last half decade with them has been amazing.

Plus I picked up sledding in that time and get to do it with great friends exploring the most beautiful terrain. On some of the best sleds ever to hit the market no less.

I think life is what you make of it. You walk around looking down kicking the dirt focusing on stuff out of your control...its going to suck. Hold you head up high....look around...enjoy the view....take advantage of the opportunities put in front of you.....it will be an awesome ride.

X2! Attitude determines your altitude.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
I was Bullshatting with a couple of co-workers about David Lee Roth being back with Van Halen.
Had the whole who is the best lead singer....Hagar - Roth discussion.
They weren't born yet when Roth was their lead singer!

Premium Features