• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What's everyone like for shocks on the Matryx?

U
Jul 20, 2016
Montana
I have Carl's tuned WE velocity. Think it was $1200 for the set and you can use your stock springs.

I don't much care to upgrade for trail manners but did find a marginal improvement when side hilling through ruts and junk.

I compared them side by side with some fox qs3 and was so glad I saved the money.

I think the only thing that would sway me to QS3 would be going all the way and getting iQS.

U
Jul 20, 2016
Montana
I have fox airs qs3s on all 4 corners, I regret spending the money on them, I set the fronts to buraunts recommend pressures, and it's to harsh, I put my stockers back on with a much smoother ride, the rears are ok after spending a whole season trying different setups. I should had done more homework and bought coils. Not many top pro riders use fox airs compared to coils. The only feature I like is the lock out mode on the rears ,Live and learn I guess.
Doesn't he brag about having a money back guarantee on these? Why not return them?

BigAir

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Montana
I have Carl's tuned WE velocity. Think it was $1200 for the set and you can use your stock springs.

I don't much care to upgrade for trail manners but did find a marginal improvement when side hilling through ruts and junk.

I compared them side by side with some fox qs3 and was so glad I saved the money.

I think the only thing that would sway me to QS3 would be going all the way and getting iQS.
Were the QS3 coils or Floats?

mrooks17

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2021
Ohio
Just got a full day on my QS3 Burandt Fox Floats. I came in from sea level and 25 degrees to 10k feet and 25 degrees. Air pressures were only 5psi different.

I really liked them. They definitely made my sled more of a wheelie machine but once I got use to the response of them, I felt very comfortable in the trees. Didn’t feel the need to mess with lockout or adjust the FTS. I’m 200lbs without gear. I’ve taken 50lbs off the sled from aftermarket mods.

Ski shocks- 70main, 120 Evol
FTS- 30
RTS- 150main, 160 Evol.

Last edited:
Premium Features