• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New brake coming

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
No I need some fuel socks first. There is already lots of snow. Damn back ordered parts
We got our fuel socks, and other recalls Wednesday this week.

Can confirm that 2 boost sleds all stock DO run better after the recall.

One ran good before, one ran ok.

Both run amazing now. Crisper, cleaner 8300 rpm all day.

S
Dec 16, 2011
Eastern Washingtom
View attachment 396580View attachment 396581
Great day today.
2 boosts, 2 850 axys’s , 1 axys 800 all ran sweet.

Good snow.

Go ride.
470DB137-7E0D-4BAF-95B2-0A609CE66B05.jpegLol I’m one step ahead of you just got back from Revy yesterday. I thought you were being sarcastic with your earlier post telling me not to be a Karen then posting like a total Karen and mentioning Burandt isn’t bad mouthing Polaris when they’re his main source of income. I think your more upset then me ?

J
Nov 25, 2019
Burandt and Co can't b***h about it if they want their flow of sleds and parts to continue.

Those of us still riding Cats are criticized as being blindly loyal, but there's easily as many or more blindfolds in the Polaris camp.
Do you honestly think burandt doesn’t bitch when things don’t work properly??? I guarantee he does but he’ll bitch to the Polaris reps/engineers not the public.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Do you honestly think burandt doesn’t bitch when things don’t work properly??? I guarantee he does but he’ll bitch to the Polaris reps/engineers not the public.
Not at all. I'm sure he gives plenty of feedback to Polaris. He can't do it publicly though.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Burandt has a “no-bitch” clause in his contract.

It’s the same one I asked my wife to sign before we got married.

S
Dec 16, 2011
Eastern Washingtom
Burandt does a lot to advance the sport but obviously he’s not going to complain publicly about his biggest sponsor.
I also love the blinder wearing Polaris fans who say just go ride and quit bitching even name calling and saying Polaris probably raped my sister because I complain about the huge issues their beloved Polaris has. That would be you Sheet metal guy.
They are missing the whole point I am riding . TRS set me up with a P85 for my boost and Indy Dan got me some fuel socks. I could still blow up and my brakes might get hot so I’m living on the edge a bit.?
Polaris has huge issues with durability and R&D of their products. I would leave them in a heart beat if I thought there was something else I liked better but so far I have not. Come on G5 I’m pulling for you!!!

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Burandt does a lot to advance the sport but obviously he’s not going to complain publicly about his biggest sponsor.
I also love the blinder wearing Polaris fans who say just go ride and quit bitching even name calling and saying Polaris probably raped my sister because I complain about the huge issues their beloved Polaris has. That would be you Sheet metal guy.
They are missing the whole point I am riding . TRS set me up with a P85 for my boost and Indy Dan got me some fuel socks. I could still blow up and my brakes might get hot so I’m living on the edge a bit.?
Polaris has huge issues with durability and R&D of their products. I would leave them in a heart beat if I thought there was something else I liked better but so far I have not. Come on G5 I’m pulling for you!!!
Projection is a funny thing.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Polaris has no fix for the brakes yet. However, these Polaris engineers and quality control guys will be out on the trails to help with any overheated brake issues.

1670285753469.png

cateye5312

Premium Member
Mar 28, 2009
Grand Junction CO
It's gonna be a reflash - think of a DET sensor that is not set sensitive enough - or a TPS - there's a computer controlled part in there somewhere that isn't set sensitive enough to stop the brake from overheating. for example you can't ride the brake and the throttle in your UTV for long because the computer will shut it down. just my opinion

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
I don't think it makes you a fan boy because you deal with Polaris' shortcomings. I have been riding Polaris for going on 4 years. I still think their sleds are junk when it comes to fit and finish. I tell people new to the sport to buy a Doo. Polaris is built for the people who want to ride the most extreme terrain and want the lightest, best handling chassis. I still wouldn't switch to Doo with all these problems, even though I think their sleds are better built. I just know I need multiple sleds to ride Polaris. The fanboys are like Rusty, who's feelings were hurt because I insulted his dream sled that he doesn't even own. I think Sheet is like me and just tired of reading people bitching about it. The horse has been beaten to smithereens. There is nothing left to beat. Sell your Polaris Junk and go buy Doo if you think it's that bad.

Last edited:

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
I don't think it makes you a fan boy because you deal with Polaris' shortcomings. I have been riding Polaris for going on 4 years. I still think their sleds are junk when it comes to fit and finish. I tell people new to the sport to buy a Doo. Polaris is built for the people who want to ride the most extreme terrain and want the lightest, best handling chassis. I still wouldn't switch to Doo with all these problems, even though I think their sleds are better built. I just know I need multiple sleds to ride Polaris. The fanboys are like Rusty, who's feelings were hurt because I insulted his dream sled that he doesn't even own. I think Sheet is like me just and just tired of reading people bitching about it. The horse has been beaten to smithereens. There is nothing left to beat. Sell your Polaris Junk and go buy Doo if you think it's that bad.

Swoosh. There’s a saying that fishing isn’t catching. But when Chilly is the fish, it’s guaranteed limits of catching. He can’t help but bite on every bare hook he sees.

Premium Features