• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What's everyone like for shocks on the Matryx?

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
Ohlins are some seriously heavy duty shocks. I know where you can get some if anyone is interested in a set. 😏

rmk800ak

Lifetime Membership
Mar 28, 2002
Fairbanks AK.
I’ve never tried the S36 Ohlins they have for sale now but I hear they are really good. Mine on my Boost are TTX hand built ones similar to what Skinzs sells for the front. I have well over 10000miles total on them I rebuild them every other year and still as good as the day I got them. I had them modified from my Iron Dog days to fit my Boost.

470a0d8cd2c1ef2453ff06a1b27c3170.jpg

73d0654d1af3d1017dc3212adf7d0f6f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S

snobyrd

Nov 27, 2007
northeast bc
I have fox airs qs3s on all 4 corners, I regret spending the money on them, I set the fronts to buraunts recommend pressures, and it's to harsh, I put my stockers back on with a much smoother ride, the rears are ok after spending a whole season trying different setups. I should had done more homework and bought coils. Not many top pro riders use fox airs compared to coils. The only feature I like is the lock out mode on the rears ,Live and learn I guess.

LongHorn XC

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Illinois
I have fox airs qs3s on all 4 corners, I regret spending the money on them, I set the fronts to buraunts recommend pressures, and it's to harsh, I put my stockers back on with a much smoother ride, the rears are ok after spending a whole season trying different setups. I should had done more homework and bought coils. Not many top pro riders use fox airs compared to coils. The only feature I like is the lock out mode on the rears ,Live and learn I guess.

Good honest review. Thanks for your opinion on them. I’ve never really been a huge fan of air shocks, but was looking at the QS3’s.

YB

LongHorn XC

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Illinois
Chilly,
Buy a carbon skid with your heavy duty Ohlins and report back with your 24 boost boat anchor results. That would be a great test. But leave the stock clutching, because nothing is better. No AV gas can be used for the better performance with bad fuel.

Premium Features