• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New brake coming

C
Dec 14, 2020
Burandt does a lot to advance the sport but obviously he’s not going to complain publicly about his biggest sponsor.
I also love the blinder wearing Polaris fans who say just go ride and quit bitching even name calling and saying Polaris probably raped my sister because I complain about the huge issues their beloved Polaris has. That would be you Sheet metal guy.
They are missing the whole point I am riding . TRS set me up with a P85 for my boost and Indy Dan got me some fuel socks. I could still blow up and my brakes might get hot so I’m living on the edge a bit.?
Polaris has huge issues with durability and R&D of their products. I would leave them in a heart beat if I thought there was something else I liked better but so far I have not. Come on G5 I’m pulling for you!!!

You could always ride a Cat. Then you could be bitching about tearing up the alpha rail and track...

The sad truth is the pros are generally a lot nicer to the sleds than you'd think because they're smooth. Low skill tends to break more parts. I should know, I break plenty of them.

C
Dec 14, 2020
The proper repair would be to move the brake to the driveshaft where it should be. That would solve a lot of problems slower turning rotor still having brakes if the qd belt breaks.

But then you have brakes that need to be stronger to make up for the loss in leverage.
I very much like the brake where it's easy to get at and work on, not buried under everything.

I have yet to break a belt and not have the sled stop.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I'll ride with him any day of the week. I haven't changed one in a long time. Be nice if you we could get someone else to go in case we did so we could get all day. I think he likes to have fun but people are wound too tight on here

C
Dec 14, 2020
Just saying, If you ever rode one off the hill after a QD belt failed, you would think differently.

But how would you ride without the belt?

I'll just swap my new belt out of my tunnel box.

Only one I've not been able to fix on the mountain was a turbo cat, but it wadded the tki belt into the gears jamming them up when it stabbed the track and we couldn't get the turbo off to get to the damn belt.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
I'll ride with him any day of the week. I haven't changed one in a long time. Be nice if you we could get someone else to go in case we did so we could get all day. I think he likes to have fun but people are wound too tight on here

Agree. With Chilly’s 50 day a year riding exposure, It would be nice to have him there to perpendicularly slide your boat anchor down the tight, steep ridge in the chop and dogleg into the trees when you have broke a QD belt after loaning out your spare.

mrooks17

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2021
Ohio
.....and I just got an email saying they are backordered. No delivery date known...

mrooks17

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2021
Ohio
I just got off the phone with Partzilla. He asked for my order number and goes "ya, do you want me to go ahead and cancel this for you." He said "over half of the suppliers to manufactures like ski doo, polaris, cat, etc are all shut down. Rubber shortage making it impossible for them to get parts."

Premium Features