• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New member of the Turbo Club

Calvin42

Premium Member
Oct 14, 2008
Cantonment, FL
Well fellas (and chicks too) Just picked up my Nytro on Saturday after having a MCX turbo installed. Let's just say I don't know if I can ever go back. That thing is insane. I really really liked my Nytro before but to say I love it now is truely an understatement. Rode 3' of fresh pow on Saturday and handled flawlessly. I wondered if the added power would make is harder to handle, absolutely not. Even with all the power the sled handles like a dream, even better than stock because you never worry if there is enough power. You get in a tight spot and crack the throttle and problem solved. I truely understand what perma grin really means. It's now Monday and I still can't wipe it off my face.:):beer;

scmurs

Lifetime Membership
Dec 13, 2002
Minneapolis, MN
Congrats Calvin!!

Did you end up keeping the Maverick on her? Still got some of those extension/big wheel "kits" left if you are interested.

Keep us posted on the MCX and how it works.

scmurs

Calvin42

Premium Member
Oct 14, 2008
Cantonment, FL
Still have the stock track but will change that this fall. Will go with a CE 162". The stock track did ok with all the HP, track speed is just not an issue now. However the sled would definately benefit from a better track. Will also put on better boards and a trail tank. But a far as power goes, turbos rock!

scmurs

Lifetime Membership
Dec 13, 2002
Minneapolis, MN
^^^^

Sounds like a good recipe. Maybe, even the way Yamaha should have built the Nytro from the factory?? Anyone from Yamaha listening? Hello....:confused:

Which rear skid are you going to run?

Have FUN and be safe. :beer;

scmurs

Calvin42

Premium Member
Oct 14, 2008
Cantonment, FL
Who did the install for you, are they in MN?

Trey Lokey from High Altitude Boost in Salida Colorado did the install. Great guy to deal with and very knowledgable. Tested the sled and made sure the sled was set up right from the get go. He obviously did a great job cause the sled never missed a beat and was insanely fast.

S

schmitt

Mar 27, 2008
WI
Oh right on should be a blast! I hope to be building one up this summer. I thought it said you were from MN thats why I asked. My bad!

S
Nov 26, 2007
FU
Trey Lokey from High Altitude Boost in Salida Colorado did the install. Great guy to deal with and very knowledgable. Tested the sled and made sure the sled was set up right from the get go. He obviously did a great job cause the sled never missed a beat and was insanely fast.

Trey installed my nytro and my previous apex. :beer;

M

Midstates

Nov 26, 2001
Slater, IA
May I ask how much it cost out the door, I am getting ready to boost and curious how much I need to save this summer. I need an install around the midwest if anyone is watching? Thanks, Brad

D
Nov 26, 2007
Calvin, you think that is fun right now. Wait till you put a 162 under it. I also have a trailtank if you are interested. Good price too:D

Calvin42

Premium Member
Oct 14, 2008
Cantonment, FL
Boy, all kinds of questions to answer. Well first of all as far as boost it depends on the altitude, but at 10,000 feet I was running 15 lbs of boost on 91 octane. Yes I did have the head shim installed as cheap insurance. Really ran great. As for the cost, I got a really great end of season deal. A guy backed out of a kit so I got the kit installed with head shim, A/F ration gauge, boost gauge, and clutch work for right around 6,500.00. The sled is an absolute riot to ride. Even with the boost you don't lose that smooth Yamaha power, you just have alot more of it. Think of it this way, the Nytro is about 135 hp give or take, a person rides at 10,000 ft you lose about 30% of your hp. Now put on a turbo and your running 240-250 Hp. That's roughly 150 Hp increase. Like I said before, I really enjoyed my Nytro stock, now I really love my Nytro. By the way drickwyo, how much for the trail tank??

Premium Features