• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

IceAge elevated alpha vs stock ride impression

F

Fack

Nov 28, 2007
I switched out my ‘19 Alpha 165” for a Kmod 163. It has Iceage rails. Do I need new rails with the Elevate kit?
I did the spindles with a kmod rear skid. Handling is a lot better than the kmod with stock spindles. I drilled out the bottom hole in the tunnel and lowered the front of the skid. The rear is in the middle hole. Really lightened you the front end. The approach is pretty steep and could definitely benefit from some different rails.

Any plans to offer updated rails for the kmod with the elevate spindles, IceAge? I think this could be the ultimate combo...

d1100t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
Fack
I'd like some more info on your setup?
I'm running a Kmod 174 on a 2016 sled with a turboed charged 800 that has a dropped and rolled mountain cat chain case.
I'd like to lower the rear of the sled a bit and raise the front with aftermarket spindles??
I was wondering how this would affect the front of the rails and if it would possibly stab the track??

Last edited:

IceAge Performance

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Gallatin Gateway, MT
We have had numerous customers now running that Elevate spindles in conjunction with the Kmod rear skid with great luck. You still get the awesome transfer control and performance of the KMOD skid and the benefits of the raised nose of the Elevate resulting in a VERY capable sled in all aspects of backcountry riding.

d1100t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
IceAge
Thank for replying.
What holes in the tunnel would you recommend mounting the Kmod rear suspension in with Elevate spindles on the front?
Can Elevate spindles be ordered powder coated Arctic Cat orange?

IceAge Performance

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Gallatin Gateway, MT
Spindles are only available in the black/silver 2 tone machined designed. As for KMOD mounting We've had guys running a number of different ways but one of our good friends Guy put together a post a while back on his setup and findings. You can find the info in the post below.

F

Fack

Nov 28, 2007
Fack
I'd like some more info on your setup?
I'm running a Kmod 174 on a 2016 sled with a turboed charged 800 that has a dropped and rolled mountain cat chain case.
I'd like to lower the rear of the sled a bit and raise the front with aftermarket spindles??
I was wondering how this would affect the front of the rails and if it would possibly stab the track??

Where do you currently have your skid mounted? I had considered lowering the skid in the rear but already had rub marks on my tunnel from the track (running the 3.2). I had a lot of ski pressure and had my rear shock lightened and center shock running tight. I played around with the limiter straps and shock settings quite a bit and didn’t like it until I put the ice age on. I installed the spindles and lowered the front of the skid and it was a lot better. Have since tightened up the rear and lightened my center and it’s working really well. The approach angle does worry me as it looks like the track runs pretty hard on the front of the rails.

d1100t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
Fack
My sled is a 2016 800 LTD with the mountain cat drop and roll added along with 8 tooth drivers.
I'm running a 174" camso X3 track and Kmod rear skid with raptor shocks mounted in the factory 2016 rear suspension mounting locations.

F

Fack

Nov 28, 2007
Fack
My sled is a 2016 800 LTD with the mountain cat drop and roll added along with 8 tooth drivers.
I'm running a 174" camso X3 track and Kmod rear skid with raptor shocks mounted in the factory 2016 rear suspension mounting locations.

Can you post pictures?

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Fack and d1100t, are you guys running Gen 2 or Gen 3 kmods? If 2 it helps to have the rear shock shortened with a shorter tube and a spacer, cut the rear coupler block down on #1, and slot the coupler mount holes back 1/8". Helps drop the rear without decreasing clearance inside the tunnel. I used to only use coupler 1 and occasionally 2. Now I get good use out of 1, 2, and 3. Spacer only in the rear shock isn't enough as you lose too much stroke.

d1100t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
I can take some pics and try post them tomorrow night.

I think my Kmod is a gen 3.
It was new when I Installed it in my sled in January of 2018

d1100t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
I can take some pics and try post them tomorrow night.

I think my Kmod is a gen 3.
It was new when I Installed it in my sled in January of 2018
Sorry. Old thread.
I was suppose to post pictures in this thread almost a year ago.
Sled is 2016 M 800cc turbo with mountain cat drop and roll added.
174 KMod mounted in 2016 mounting locations.
Skis are very planted.
I'd like to lower the rear and raise the front.
Looking for some info on what guys have tried and liked.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

d1100t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
Premium Features