Elevate on the 38 Front End

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
All this hot weather has got me thinking about snow again and pre-season mods. I ordered a set of Elevate spindles to put on my 2016+ geometry 38" front end. Just curious if anyone did this last year and if they ran into any issues with tie rods or arm clearance? I'll put 36" arms on if I have to, but going to try to stick with the 38". Also have a set of Alternative Impact Ti lowers that wouldn't work without ball joint bind on the new spindle that I'm going to try to make work again. With this hodge podge of parts I'm sure I'll run into something I'll have to work out :rolleyes:. And before anyone comments on changes to the skid I've got a Kmod that already rides higher and I've got some adjustments I'll make for it to match up with the new front end.

knh208

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2009
Saskatoon, SK, CANADA
I'd love to hear how this works. My 2015 is the same and I've been itching to try taller spindles!

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Oct 9, 2009
I do not have this kit, but you can look at the spindle and compare it to yours. If the mounting locations are the same, the spindle will work, less the binding issue. However, if the mounting locations are different, then you will need to call iceage and ask them. Just call them and ask.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
I know the mounting locations are the same on the spindle, but that doesn't always tell the story. The mounting locations of the Ti a-arms are the same too, but they didn't work with my setup. The rear tube on the lower a-arm is going to be at a different angle than the 36" so that might be an issue with the steering stops on the spindles. If that comes into play the Ti arms I have definietly won't work because that tube is even further back than on the OEM arm.

Bills R.E. Repair

Lifetime Membership
Nov 11, 2008
Dayton, WA
Great Jobs Guys! So great to see that someone besides myself has taken a 2016 or newer and took it back to a 38" front end! My snowmobile currently is a 2016 M6000 Sno-Pro 153 2.6. Manny other updates too, but won"t go into that for now. After having been an avid snowmoblier for the past 47 years - the adrenaline rush isnt as near important as control is! It definitely was the right decision. I am hoping to get another 10 years . Please keep those reviews coming! Love those Arctic Cats ! Bill

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Got my Elevate spindles last week. Put one together with my Ti lower arms and I can see where the spindle steering stop interfaces with the lower arm tube. Can't tell yet if it will be a problem. I'll have to measure steering in my current configuration and compare with the new setup. Hopefully next week I'll get the sled in the shop and start tearing things apart.

Premium Features