• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Elevate vs BDX

Turblue

Lifetime Membership
Jun 11, 2004
Alberta
I bought a 21 mm and it came with the BDX front end and also a set of elevate spindles.

My plan was to swap it to a twin rail elevate system but for this year probably run the monorail.

Trying to decide if I should change the bdx over to the elevate spindles with the monorail this year.
IMG_2183.jpeg

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
I would leave it as-is right now. Friend that had the Elevate spindles on his Alpha hated it in setup snow. Likes his shorter ZRP spindles better. The twin rail elevate setup is good.

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
If you go elevate and twin rail, you may want shocks revalved for the change. To me it made the elevate even better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turblue

Lifetime Membership
Jun 11, 2004
Alberta
I did have a 2020 alpha for a few months new. Didn’t care for it unless we rode deep snow. So I bought this mm to twin rail elevate and for my son to ride. I have an elevate sidewinder.

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
Like said above, just keep the bdx kit on if running the alpha rail. Once you are ready to switch to twin, the full elevate kit is awesome. Also keep in mind valving on the shocks are a lot different between the twin and alpha rail setups. Yes the rear shock fits both, but the valving should be specific to the rail setup. I ran the alpha rear when I first switched and it worked, but I damaged that shock and replaced with a twin rear, it was a noticeable difference. Last season I had both rear shocks revalved specifically for the twin rail elevate setup and that made a significant difference.

Premium Features